More than healthcare expenses. If someone walks into an interview who's 400+ lbs any reasonable person would have questions about their self control and their maturity.
The NAAFA wants body size to be a federally protected class. Pray this doesn't happen.
• The introduction, passage, enactment, and enforcement of local, state and federal legislation
which adds "height and weight" or “physical appearance” to the categories protected under
statutory laws on equal employment opportunities.
• That all employers, both public and private, hire and promote without prejudice towards size
• That employers provide adequate space, equipment and furniture to allow persons of size to
comfortably and safely perform all jobs for which they are qualified.
• That employers substitute performance tests for height and weight restrictions when hiring,
promoting or retaining employees.
• That existing affirmative action programs include "height and weight" or “physical
appearance” as a factor to be considered when promoting diversity among employees.
• That attorneys, career counselors, and employment agencies, both public and private,
actively assist fat people in fighting for equal access in employment.
• That fat job seekers assert their rights to equal employment opportunities and publicly
protest any discriminatory policies, actions, or attitudes they encounter while seeking