T Nation

Charger vs. Mustang

So some drunk broad tanked my Dodge Dakota, so I’m in the market for a new car.

Now, I’ve narrowed my choices down to these: a black 2008 Dodge Charger, or the black 2008 Ford Mustang.

I’m really looking style wise, not massive engine wise, but all comments are welcome.

What does T-Nation say? Which one’s more pimpin?

Charger

Mustang

The charger looks more “beastly” while the mustang looks more “sporty”

One has a back seat, so if thats a factor for you.

Personally I’d go with the charger

I prefer the look of the Charger, but if you’re weighing performance as well then it gets blurry. For $26k you’re looking at the Mustang GT (300hp, 3356lbs) vs the Charger SXT (250hp, 3800lbs). The numbers pretty much speak for themselves…

But if it’s looks you want, it doesn’t get much meaner than a Blacked Out Charger (Black Paint on All Black Powdercoat Wheels).

My buddy had a Mustang GT and it was fast as hell! Depending on what you want in a car, my vote goes for the Ford. The Charger doesn’t do much for me, but that’s just me.

-Matt

You must not be a fan of taking corners.

If it has to be one, I’d take the Mustang for both style and performance, though.

@Defekt:
Both have a back seat; one is just a coupe.

Charger man, 3 of your friends will be more comfortable! And it really looked sick in Street Kings.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
The charger looks more “beastly” while the mustang looks more “sporty”

One has a back seat, so if thats a factor for you.

Personally I’d go with the charger[/quote]

yea be a beast… Get the charger.

Get a charger that way you know your at least as fast as all the cops.

I will also say Charger. I was a bit disappointed with the interior on the Mustang. One other to consider might be a GTO (a ton of HP and not a lot of dough on one a year or two old).

I drive a charger for work everyday. Get it, I think it is much more comfortable than the mustang, and roomier. If you are not interested in power, get at least the 3.8, otherwise it (IMHO)doesn’t seem like it has enough power, especially for acclereting on the Hwy. However, my friend has the 300 with the Hemi…If I had a choice, I would’ve gotten the charger with it.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

Now, I’ve narrowed my choices down to these: a black 2008 Dodge Charger, or the black 2008 Ford Mustang.

I’m really looking style wise, not massive engine wise, but all comments are welcome.

What does T-Nation say? Which one’s more pimpin?[/quote]

Uh,none of the above? Get a BMW 3 Series or an Audi A4? GERMAN SUPREMACY FTW!But Mustang for the joyride and speed.

Don’t be a pussy, go for a classic. 68-71 seem to be the golden years for both models. Of course you’ll burn $5 worth of gas just trying to parallel park the thing, but you can’t worry about that shit or else the terrorists win.

Since you’re a Damn Yankee you might want a different paint job.

Beauty incarnate

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

What does T-Nation say? Which one’s more pimpin?

Uh,none of the above? Get a BMW 3 Series or an Audi A4? GERMAN SUPREMACY FTW!But Mustang for the joyride and speed.[/quote]

Sorry boyo. This guy buys American only.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Don’t be a pussy, go for a classic. 68-71 seem to be the golden years for both models. Of course you’ll burn $5 worth of gas just trying to parallel park the thing, but you can’t worry about that shit or else the terrorists win.[/quote]

LOL. Dude, if I had that much money, I’d have a 69 Charger in second.

I’d hate to let the terrorists win though…

Get the Charger. Mustangs are for chicks.

Btw,I jsut want to say that if your going for the Nostalgic look…the Charger looks nothing like the original.