Changing Program Days

I just got a program and its says that my workout days are monday through friday the problem is i cant do tuesday and thursday the reason being: I get home from school at three go to dive team at 3:30 come home around 8:30 and then have to do my homework and so its probably 10:45 once im done with that and mom gets really mad if i stay up past 10 and if i workout in the morning.

So should i just find a new program or continue with the program just putting tuesday and thursday on saturday and sunday?

I think sometimes we can get caught up with overthinking things and routines…Making things more complicated than they need to be.

I’m sure changing the days to Sat and Sun will be totally fine.

[quote]HardWorkin wrote:
I just got a program and its says that my workout days are monday through friday the problem is i cant do tuesday and thursday the reason being: I get home from school at three go to dive team at 3:30 come home around 8:30 and then have to do my homework and so its probably 10:45 once im done with that and mom gets really mad if i stay up past 10 and if i workout in the morning.

So should i just find a new program or continue with the program just putting tuesday and thursday on saturday and sunday?[/quote]

don’t take the monday through friday thing too seriously. workout whenever you can. just make sure that you don’t skip any days and try to go in the prescribed order.

that being said, do you really need a five day program when you’re working out on tuesdays and thursdays for close to five hours already? i’d suggest a three day program for mondays, wednesdays, and fridays, and just leave saturdays and sundays off for recovery purposes.

[quote]HardWorkin wrote:

So should i just find a new program or continue with the program just putting tuesday and thursday on saturday and sunday?[/quote]

Stay with the program you’re on, the important thing is that you are doing all the workouts, with the appropriate amount of rest each week. Swapping some days around shouldn’t hurt anything, although you should make sure that the changes don’t cause you to work the same muscle-group more than 2 days in a row. Other than that, you should be fine.

Do the program for a week or two, and make adjustments from there. If you need more help, post the program here and we’ll dissect it for ya.

Like has been mentioned if you want to stick with this program I doubt changining the rest days is a huge deal, but I would definatly keep everything in the same order.