Changing of the Guards

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Maybe a t-shirt that says “Functional Strength is for Pussies” [/quote]

I REALLY like that idea.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Maybe a t-shirt that says “Functional Strength is for Pussies” [/quote]

Shouldn’t your training speak for itself?

[quote]lucasa wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Maybe a t-shirt that says “Functional Strength is for Pussies”

Shouldn’t your training speak for itself?[/quote]

No one sees me train. I train alone.

Or perhaps a t-shirt that says “I got all this from 35lb dumbells”

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Or perhaps a t-shirt that says “I got all this from 35lb dumbells”[/quote]

Doooood! That’s even better! I would so rock one of those.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Doooood! That’s even better! I would so rock one of those.[/quote]

I’m thinking that it would only be offered in XL and above.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Doooood! That’s even better! I would so rock one of those.

I’m thinking that it would only be offered in XL and above. [/quote]

Oh, yeah. Only XL and over.

Functional Training:
The weight doesn’t matter, It’s how you use it!

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Functional Training:
It’s how you use it!

[/quote]

Doesn’t that go with penis size too?

[quote]lucasa wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Shouldn’t your training speak for itself?[/quote]

No, your RESULTS and your physique speak the loudest. I could care less if some 130lbs kid can deadlift “twice his body weight”. Unfortunately, that actually seems to be a goal, avoiding all muscle size and trying to be as small as possible with “relative strength”.

[quote]
No, your RESULTS and your physique speak the loudest. I could care less if some 130lbs kid can deadlift “twice his body weight”. Unfortunately, that actually seems to be a goal, avoiding all muscle size and trying to be as small as possible with “relative strength”.[/quote]

Exercise for cosmetic reasons takes one down the slippery slope towards metrosexuality.

[quote]lefthandedbrian wrote:

No, your RESULTS and your physique speak the loudest. I could care less if some 130lbs kid can deadlift “twice his body weight”. Unfortunately, that actually seems to be a goal, avoiding all muscle size and trying to be as small as possible with “relative strength”.

Exercise for cosmetic reasons takes one down the slippery slope towards metrosexuality.[/quote]

Bullshit. Metrosexuality is a feminine focus on dress and facial appearance. Working your ass off for years, sweating threough clothing on a daily basis, lifting weights most people would be crushed under and eating to the point of force feeding to build muscle onto your body is about the farthest thing from “metrosexuality”. In fact, even thinking this makes me wonder about the progress YOU have made.

Exercise for cosmetic reasons takes one down the slippery slope towards metrosexuality.[/quote]

Like that girly-man Arnold, right?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lefthandedbrian wrote:

Exercise for cosmetic reasons takes one down the slippery slope towards metrosexuality.

Bullshit. Metrosexuality is a feminine focus on dress and facial appearance. Working your ass off for years, sweating threough clothing on a daily basis, lifting weights most people would be crushed under and eating to the point of force feeding to build muscle onto your body is about the farthest thing from “metrosexuality”. In fact, even thinking this makes me wonder about the progress YOU have made.[/quote]

I’m guessing none.

I exercise because I want to. I get big becasue I want to. Never in my life have I ever aspired to look the way a magazine has told me I should look. There is a reason that you will never see me on “What Not to Wear” or “Queer Eye”: I don’t give a fuck. I like lifting weights. I like being big. My sexuality has nothing to do with it.

lucasa wrote:
rainjack wrote:

No, your RESULTS and your physique speak the loudest. I could care less if some 130lbs kid can deadlift “twice his body weight”. Unfortunately, that actually seems to be a goal, avoiding all muscle size and trying to be as small as possible with “relative strength”.[/quote]

That’s right on the money. I just had a pretty crap gym session because the Gym was so busy (7pm here) and besides the rack being used for curls, the bit with the rubber matting assigned to deaflifts was being used for curls too. Sat waiting for them (bunch of Welsh Chavs) to piss off and the conversation they were having turns to wanting to look like Brad Pitt in Fight club, but be strong at bench, leg press and curls too.

God help us.

I train more for performance then for looks.

My reasoning is above all else related to weight training I enjoy lifting the most. I’m to lazy and busy to eat ton’s of clean food a day and allready have a million things in my life to worry about. Counting calories and having the constant desire to vomit from consuming enough food to achieve what many people would consider acceptable growth just isnt something i want to put up with right now. Its not the best reasoning but I am growing, actually look like I lift, and am excited for every training session. I feel healthier and am doing something I enjoy, in a few years I will probably get pissed at how scarny I am with only a half assed 6 pack but I will deal with that when the time comes.

Right now I’m training for strength and power alone, but this is after already gaining thirty pounds and putting myself right around 205.

Personally, I know plenty of people who still lift just for the looks, though they’re often the type who do biceps five days a week.

Everyone I know who is truly committed trains not only for performance, but for size as well.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:

Doesn’t that go with penis size too?[/quote]

No comment.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

Doesn’t that go with penis size too?

No comment.[/quote]

Aww, why not shorty? Hahahaha, (just bustin on ya.)

lucasa wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Well RESULTS can be your physique or your numbers, depending on what you want. I can only speak for myself, but while I am trying to get bigger, all I have right now is “relative strength.” I’ve always been “stronger than I look” because I’m skinny. I’m a little bigger now, but much stronger, partly because I never realized how much I need to eat. Therefore while I’m unhappy with my size, I take solace in dropping jaws when I pick up the biggest dumbbells in the gym. I think most of those kids don’t try to “be as small as possible,” they just aren’t growing. Would you be impressed with someone who could deadlift 3x their weight?