T Nation

Changing My Lifestyle for the Better

So Im 6’0 187lbs skinny with fat gut!! I used to be in good shape when i did MMA for a year. I had some surgery done and i lost EVERYTHING!! Yea I havent been to the gym in 8 months… Iam trying to change my life style because all i think about is sleeping and eating and thats pretty much it. Also i lost all motivation…I’m brand new to this site i really have no idea what going on and any tips would be appreciated thanks everybody…

check out the clipped threads at the top of the Beginner forum. It’s a great place to start.

I also went to Bodybuilding after having to quit MMA due to back injury. Physical Therapy got into weight training, and I got so into it that I more or less do this instead.

As for motivation, well getting healthy, looking great, and getting strong as hell is definitely worth working for isn’t it?

hey man thanks for the tips. The thing with my is that I’m a complete GIRL when it comes to lifting. Like i start getting nasty and wanting to quit in like 5 mins that I’m there. Thats my biggest problem.

[quote]sallyballs959 wrote:
All i think about is lifting, sleeping and eating and that’s it.[/quote]

Fixed that for ya.

I don’t care if you can only squat 100lbs. You live for the day you can squat 105. When you can squat 105, you live for the day you can squat 110… Once you have a few of those small steps under your belt, you’ll be hooked.

You’ll also have ramped up your testosterone production enough to not be a pussy anymore. :wink:

hahah thats awesome thats jay…Yea didn’t know the rules on the forum. dude i can do 6 push ups and i cant even do a pull up… how sad is that?

hahah thats awesome thats jay…Yea didn’t know the rules on the forum. dude i can do 6 push ups and i cant even do a pull up… how sad is that?[/quote]

its not sad. Everyone starts at different points. Everyone was a beginner at some time. Whats sad is the countless amount of people that dont try to improve or better themselves. You are off that list. Good luck and keep pushing foward.

hahah thats awesome thats jay…Yea didn’t know the rules on the forum. dude i can do 6 push ups and i cant even do a pull up… how sad is that?[/quote]

It’s not sad, making progress is what matters not where you start.

At least its not 5 push ups.
You will improve quick if you apply the knowledge you gain from here and once you’ve has some success, that will be enough motivation.

thanks guys, Iam going to join club fit today and hopefully get the ball rolling…

Awesome. Best of luck.

Starting Strength will be your friend.

So Im 6’0 187lbs skinny with fat gut!! I used to be in good shape when i did MMA for a year. I had some surgery done and i lost EVERYTHING!! Yea I havent been to the gym in 8 months… Iam trying to change my life style because all i think about is sleeping and eating and thats pretty much it. Also i lost all motivation…I’m brand new to this site i really have no idea what going on and any tips would be appreciated thanks everybody…[/quote]

congratz on wanting to get back on track

i wish you success and i hope you find a lot of valuable info.

Thanks man. I went to the gym last night and I ran 2 miles in 20min.well I guess it’s a start. I Worked out pretty hard I think? Well my hole body is hurting so tonight I hope to do the same…

Thanks man. I went to the gym last night and I ran 2 miles in 20min.well I guess it’s a start. I Worked out pretty hard I think? Well my hole body is hurting so tonight I hope to do the same…[/quote]

Did you lift?

Not really I was doing shoulders and back . Mostly using the machinesz

Dude, I started at 380 at only 5’6" back in the beginning of August. Now I’m 333. I had never benched more than 145 in my life, now my max is 180. I first tried Tabatas with 26lb KB snatches and could only do 4 rounds. Now, I use the 35 for the first half, a 26 for the second half, and complete all 8 round every time, averaging 11 reps per 20sec.

Not impressive for T-Nation veterans, but that’s not the point! I’m not the wuss I was 3 months ago. I’m LESS wussy. I’ve went from 48 pants to 44, now almost down to 42, again in just 3 months. This site is FULL of stuff that works. My purpose is to encourage you. YOU CAN DO THIS! You have a MUCH shorter road to basic fitness and look-good-nekid-ness than I do! LOL

Here’s a BIG lesson that I’m learning right now. Even though I’m making very strong progress, my journey is still VERY LONG. It DOES require, like the other poster wrote, a certain amount of faith in the program. You don’t see change on a literally DAILY basis, so you have to know that the diet and the training ARE working. But they do!

My testosterone production is better that it was when I was 16…(no, I haven’t had it checked…let’s just say that you don’t want to know how I can tell LOL).

The stuff on this site works, man. I read MM2k back in its ‘golden era’ in the mid-late 90s. That was cutting edge stuff at the time. The cats here are know so much more it’s scary.

Not really I was doing shoulders and back . Mostly using the machinesz[/quote]

You should look into doing a basic program.

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_best_of_tnation has lots of valuable links

Failing that, a good 5x5 program is a good place to start. I googled and the first one that came up was: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/reg_parks_5x5_program

Thanks everybody for the tips and help… Today will be my 4th day and my body is hurting but it feels kinda good that I’m doing something instead of being at home playing xbox!!! I might post up my pictures of myself so u guys can see how much work that needs to be done but idk if that’s going to happen…

yess!! I went 5 days in a row to the gym and i didnt PUSS OUT!! Today is my 6th day and im going to be chopping a lot of wood for this weekend… My Body is Killing me but yea i guess next week is a whole new week!!

yess!! I went 5 days in a row to the gym and i didnt PUSS OUT!! Today is my 6th day and im going to be chopping a lot of wood for this weekend… My Body is Killing me but yea i guess next week is a whole new week!![/quote]

Good job!

Is there a program that you are following?