T Nation

Changing Mid Cycle?

Changing from Test e to Test Cyp mid cycle: What would the result be? I know its not ideal, but supply issues may dictate it.

The cyp would only be used for a week or two at best, then switched back (hopefully) to the e.

Thanks.

Don’t worry about it aslong as the dosage remains the same. But before any cycle, you should have your full cycle on hand including emercency anti-e. Never start a cycle under-supplied; you’re asking for a mistake.

Here’s the Cypionate ester profile:
Chemical Structure C8H14O2.
Also referred to as Cyclopentylpropionic acid, cyclopentylpropionate. Cypionate is a very popular ester here in the U.S., although it is scarcely found outside this region.

Its release duration is almost identical to enanthate (10-14 days), and the two are likewise thought to be interchangeable in U.S. medicine. Althletes commonly hold the belief than cypionate is more powerful than enanthate, although realistically there is little difference between the two.

The enanthate ester is in fact slightly smaller than cypionate, and it therefore releases a small (perhaps a few milligrams) amount of steroid more in comparison.

Test Enanthate = 72mg of Test per 100mg of anabolic steroids
Test Cypionate = 70mg of Test per 100mg of anabolic steroids

[quote]Hussayn wrote:
Don’t worry about it aslong as the dosage remains the same. But before any cycle, you should have your full cycle on hand including emercency anti-e. Never start a cycle under-supplied; you’re asking for a mistake.

[/quote]

I got my first run from a buddy, long story short, he has mine, I have his (he put them back in the wrong box) He said not to sweat it, I won’t see him for a few weeks, he lives a couple hours from me, so I’ll have this righted when I see him then.

Basically just wanted a second opinion, thanks for your reply.

I have switched the two before when one ran out and another was available. Besides for the minor differences pointed out by Hussayn I basically consider them to be the same drug and use them as such.

i would say over half the time your getting the same thing anyways, they look the same, feel the same, have the same half life and brewers know that so they just make lots of one and label them as two separate. Unless of course they are Pharm then they are probably as labeled.

i switched from cyp to E a few weeks ago no problems so far, not that I expected any difference though

You should be fine; I hope. I do know this though: on paper Cyp is only one extra carbon. In my body Enanthate based cycles hit me much faster than Cypionate cycle ever did. Since you’re mid cycle you probably will be fine and there will be no preceptible difference.