Changing from TRT to HCG, Feeling Awful

Why are you doin this to yourself. Find a private doc her on Trt and take HCG all and as the fsh or whatever.

It’s not needed. You don’t have to stop cypionate to do this. Basic logic of our hormonal axis. And how it works.

You are making this harder than it needs
To be.

No it doesn’t. HCG simulates LH and your pituitary gland will remain shutdown as long as you take it.

HCG is largely about cosmetics, not pituitary function. More sperm means better fertility usually but it’s not really a good restart mechanism

Yup my bad. It gives the body what it needs to Stimulate the testes. Post has been fixed.

Do the fertility effects of hcg continue after you’ve stopped taking it?

Holy crap. That is a super high dose. 1mg a day and you will have osteoporosis in no time. Dr is crazy

If you are thinking about anastrozole mono therapy that is rare.

1 Like

almost certainly it would stop.

This is standard protocol for women with breast cancer, for men it means it’s a certainty you will have the bones of ostriches in a couple of years if not sooner which is what the studies are showing.

1 Like

Maybe temporarily. The study below had long time trt and aas users regain fertility at pretty good rates. Nothing close to 95 percent sterile. It’s been a while since I read it, but I think something like 98 percent of men were fertile after 6 months of treatment. You gotta think there is a percent that would be infertile without ever using AAS or trt, so 98 percent is damn good.

What’s a more common dose of anastrozole .5mg?

I read about a study where older men took 1mg twice weekly and another group took 1mg daily.

Honestly, I am about ready to quit taking anything.

A few days into taking anastrozole and I feel bizarre.

I stopped TRT about 3 months ago, took hCG for two months, clomid for 2 weeks, and now anastrozole for a few days. Is it possible my fertility has already returned after coming off of TRT?

Highly doubtful after a couple weeks. As others have mentioned, continuing TRT along with HCG/possible FSH supplementation is the way to go.

1 Like

I took hcg for two months, so all in all it’s been about 3 months since I stopped TRT.

So it is possible to remain fertile while taking TRT?

Quit and next time life is hell due to low t, find a legitimate doc to help that doesn’t jack you off trt to go on HCG.

TRT, HCG and FSH works wonders. Your doctor isn’t doing you any favors.

1 Like

Since I’ve already went through the struggle of coming off TRT, I decided to stay on the Clomid because it wasn’t quite as bad as anastrozole.

Still feel strange, depressed, and sluggish, but had labs drawn today.

I feel like my test has increased but all the benefits are negated by the high estrogen.

Will be curious to see what my levels are.

Good on you. Will your doc give you an AI for high E2? I can’t belive clomid does not come with some lvl of an AI everyone on clomid needs it. Good luck I hope your blood test comes out good.

Have you had a sperm analysis done lately?

Thanks. They did prescribe anastrozole previously as mono therapy. I didn’t tolerate it well after a few days so I went back to clomid.

I’m wondering now if I could stand the anastrozole along with the clomid.

Any idea how long it typically takes an AI to start lowering the e2?

They do very different things, it’s not like they are interchangeable. Anastrozole will be working within a few hours.

1 Like