Changing From Shots to Clomid Only

Austin TX. So, what is the cost usually to these places?

They can be pricey. The alternative is just to find someone who will prescribe what you need and not interfere.

So, a place like Defy Medical - what do they charge for these appts and T? Any idea?

My biggest concern now is when I switch to another place, and they take my blood, and see that my T is higher and deny any treatment.

I think that you’re out around 1700 initially with them, labs and everything, but that may be off.

Your T dosage was too low, especially for someone just starting TRT. It is always good to start off a little higher so that your levels will accumulate steady state faster, then you can titrate down.

Here is a good study on men who preserved fertility while on TRT with HCG:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23260550

Nothing about that comment makes any sense. His numbers were good and he felt fine at that dose. He got pulled due to the misguided notion that he would be incapable of fathering children while on. And titrating down is a terrible idea as well. Waiting out half-lives because you overshot sucks, it’s a lot easier to adjust up gradually until you hit the spot.

Oh really? I will have to disagree. Especially when you first start. He was just starting to feel good 6 weeks in, which is subjective of course because it tends to take men 3-6 months to really feel good on TRT.

So by taking a higher dosage initially you are achieving steady state faster and you are making changes faster as well, which is important to someone who is new. It takes a lot less to maintain than it does change. We have seen so many give up early.

What do you mean “waiting on half-lives”? If you come in at 1200 and skip a week you are automatically at 600. You can’t wait a week? Or would you rather wait an extra couple months waiting for your symptoms to go away?

To me, that doesn’t make any sense. 100mg is usually not enough, for most people. Titrating downward is the most efficient way to dial in a TRT program, in our experience.

What man takes 6 months to feel better on TRT? Other than one that didn’t actually need it to begin with? That statement reeks of fresh backside.

Rubbish. You achieve steady state when you achieve it. Taking more means you are shooting for steady state at a higher level of test, it doesn’t affect speed. It just means that you can blow right past where you want to be and then take weeks or months to gradually come back down to it. And the dose is the dose. You don’t suddenly only need half as much to have the same Test level once you hit steady state. And who is we? You have an elf in your pocket?

On what planet is this the case? If you take 200 mg today, 100 mg of it is in your system in one week (give or take). If you are at a T level of 1200 at 200 mg, that does not imply that you will be at 600 in 1 week or on 100 mg. If you take (just for sake of argument) 200 mg week 1, and week 2, and week 3, after your shot on week 3 you have 350 mg of test floating around in your system, at half way to steady state. If you need 100 mg at steady state to be good, you would only be at 175 mg at week 3. How long will it take you to get down to 100 mg steady state? At 6 weeks 100 mg puts you at 195.125 mg. Less than you started with at 200 mg. If you skipped all doses until you got back down there, assuming you stuck with 200 mg for 6 weeks, you’d be at 393.75 at steady state.If you stopped altogether at week 6, it would take two weeks to get down to 100 mg in your system. With E2 out of balance and the roller coaster that comes with it. But no one is going to stop altogether and wait, they would cut the dose to maybe 180 and wait it out, Still dosing every week just a little lower you would take 6 weeks to hit your new steady state.
If you are low, you bump the dose this week and you know if it fells better immediately, because the ride up on steady state is a little shorter ans easier on the system. Ask the guys on here that started at 200 mg or 250 mg if they would do that if they had it t do over again. And 100 mg is actually fine for a lot of men.

Thats exactly what happens, I don’t know if your talking hypothetically or what but I have seen it on lab work about a thousand times.

It is not rubbish either, remember TRT does not have all these positive benefits because your TT hits some magical place, at a single point in time, on your lab work. It has health benefits because it decreases your waist circumference and increases LBM. The research does not support 100mg doing that either.

It takes a lot longer to get to steady state than 6 weeks as well, levels will climb for almost a year and aromatase patterns change due to the elimination or redistribution of android fat, which may or may not happen depending on your dosage, regardless if your lab work is in “range”.

At least this is what I have personally seen and confirmed with lab work, thousands of times. You may be right though. Thanks for the input.