Changing from 2x2x2 Full Body to Lower/Upper

Good morning,

For some time I have been following training 2x2x2 using option 1 from the 2nd 5/3/1

Monday: Squat/Bench/Assistance
Tuesday: Prowler Walks
Wednesday: Mobility and Stretching
Thursday: Dead/Press/Assistance
Friday: Prowler Walks
Saturday: Mobility and Stretching

Age (58) and recovery has got me considering going to a Lower body training on Monday and Upper body training on Thursday.

There are 2 programs I am looking at. (Prowler Walks and Mobility and Stretching would stay on the same day)

The first is from 5/3/1 for Powerlifting - Old Man Winter: Training for Mr. Gray Pubes

Week 1

Monday
Squat 5/3/1 sets/reps
Assistance exercises (can add in some light deadlifts after this, preferably the weights you‘d use on your deload week – this is great to get some form work and extra work in for deadlifting).

Thursday
Bench, 5/3/1 sets/reps
Assistance exercises

Week 2

Monday
Deadlift, 5/3/1 sets/reps
Assistance exercises (can add in some light squats after this, preferably the weights you‘d use on your deload week – this is great to get some form work and extra work in for squatting).

Thursday
Press, 5/3/1 sets/reps
Assistance exercises

The second is fro the Beyond book - Two Week/New Template where you do the main lifts once a week.

Week 1

Monday
Squat 5/3/1 sets/reps
Deadlift 65%x3, 75%x3, 85%x3
Assistance

Thursday
Bench, 5/3/1 sets/reps
Press 65%x3, 75%x3, 85%x3
Assistance

Week 2

Monday
Squat 65%x3, 75%x3, 85%x3
Deadlift 5/3/1 sets/reps
Assistance

Thursday
Press 5/3/1 sets/reps
Bench 65%x3, 75%x3, 85%x3
Assistance

My question are have you tried either one of these and what are your thoughts and experience with them and is there another variation out there that I am missing that you would recommend?

There are like 12 full body programs in the forever book.

58 here. I’ve been using and almost identical 2x2x2 this summer.
Last year and in about a month from now I will go back to the following.
Lift every other day, easy conditioning and mobility on the non lifting days.
Training 351
Day 1 squats , push-ups between each set and a circuit at the end of 45 degree back extension, lat pull downs, curls
Day 2 bench, pull-ups between each set and a circuit at the end of sit ups, rows, overhead plate press,
Day 3 DL, push-ups again between or band work like face pulls depending on how I feel, circuit of VKR, upright row, curls
Day 4 Press and a similar type circuit to day 2
The supplemental lifts are squat, BP, SSB GM for DL and behind the neck press for press. I feel I get some " full body " work from the assistant exercise. I can recover and make gains.

The supplemental work is usually FSL 5x5-8.
I run 2-3 cycles of 5 progression or 5x531
Then 1-2 of 351 anchor of PR on 3 and 1 capped at 10 and 6 reps with 1-3 sets supplement of FSL and 25-50 assistant in a circuit style