Changing Exercises, How Often?

Hello all. I am new to bodybuilding but was involved in powerlifting for quite some time. Just a quick question. How often do you guys recommend changing exercises? Thanks to any and all that reply

This will depend on whether you plan to further pursue powerlifting.

Some people change things up when they get stale. Some change them up to hit the muscle at different angles throughout a mesocycle that might last two weeks or three weeks instead of the typical week. It just depends. For now, just get some sort of routine you’re comfortable with and do that; you’ll have figured things out substantially more before it’s time for you to reevaluate this question.

I don’t think it makes much difference to be honest. I think you just need to make sure you’re hitting each body part with sufficient volume, and with a good mix between rep ranges.

I like to keep one lift the same for each session so I can gauge whether or not I’m getting stronger. For example, I always do a dumbell press for chest. As long as my numbers are improving on that I know I’m getting stronger, so I can do whatever I want ith the rest of the routine so long as there’s sufficient volume and a good mix of different stimuli (lower reps, higher reps, drop sets, etc).

I like to stick with an effective exercise for at least 2-3 months before changing it out. Sometimes I’ll do the same exercise for a year or longer.

Similar to CT, I disagree with approaches that call for frequent changes in exercise selection.