Changing Diet from Vegetarian to Meat Eating

hey i have been a vegaterian since i was 7 as i felt bad for the animals,
but im also very interested in strength and muscle building so tonight i decided after the gym me before the animals right? i mean they have less intellect than me and its the way humans where ment to be,
so as of tommorow i will start eating meat can any one help me,

im a bit over weight but have muscle mass i need to lose weight and build muscle if i ONLY eat veggies fruit and meat maby some creatine and a protene shake before and after work outs will i be doing good or bad?
sorry this diet stuff is so hard for me to work out ha i go to the gym most days and box

In terms of help with your diet, you need to be a bit more specific…if you’re trying to lose fat, keep fruits to the morning, but what you said with a few extras like nuts/eggs for fats sounds ok.

In terms of eating meat, I was a vegetarian until about 3 months ago (had been since birth) and I haven’t looked back. I’ve made good gains in the gym as its so much easier to eat a high protein healthy diet, and socially its a lot easier, I don’t have to ask for the veggie option wherever I go. I’d say definitely go for it!

thanks man i appreciae the help and everything

I don’t understand what you need help with?

My advice is to start slow adding in meat to your diet let your body adjust. My long time vegetarian husband just started adding chicken to his diet last month & he always has a few meat-free days a week or he starts to feel heavy & gross. So try easing into it.

Also, since compassion for animals is an issue for you, try sticking to free range & organic animal products. They’re better for you (omega 3 vs. omega 6 ratios), they’re better for the environment & they’re kinder to the animals. And good on you for having a kind heart.

You ask if you ONLY eat meat, veggies, fruit, creatine & protein shakes, will you be doing good or bad? Well, I think that depends on getting good quality food, in a wide variety. Are you eating grains now? Whole grains? Steel cut oatmeal is also great for you, as are beans (though you probably included those in your veggies I guess).

Somewhere in this site there’s an article by TC, I think its called The Magic 13 about the best foods you can eat to support your goals. Do a search. Also Berardi’s article’s are very informative - especially his 7 Habits article. When I started to eat according to the 7 Habits - all 7 of them! - I lost 35 pounds.

And boxing rocks, by the way. Good luck!

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
My advice is to start slow adding in meat to your diet let your body adjust. My long time vegetarian husband just started adding chicken to his diet last month & he always has a few meat-free days a week or he starts to feel heavy & gross. So try easing into it.

quote]

For me this wasn’t true, I started eating 100-200g of chicken 5 days a week for the first couple of weeks, and since then have eaten, chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna steak, beef burgers, sirloin steak, lamb (1 week in), prawns…loads of stuff, and I have absolutely no problems with this. I think it will vary from person to person, but just see how it goes for you.

thank you very much miss parker and every one else and wow 35 pounds well done i wish i could drop that from my belly ha,

yeah i have been adding it slowly to rice so far all my mates are like “eat a burger or steak” but i will work my way up to that thank you

Welcome back to the top of the food chain.

I agree with the organic/free range. Often taste much better too.

I had two friends in similar situations. One had a hard time with the transition, but dove into meat heavy. The other who also ate a lot right away, had no problems, except the worst gas known to man for a week, and that didn’t bother him, just us.

oh thats fine i have bad gas already and people just learn to live with it haha im going to try steak tommorow and fish im just confused when you read the articles with all the percentages,
i mean i can’t work it all out i wish their was a diet that tells you exactly what to eat and when and i would do it ha,

thanks every one and if any one knows of a diet like that on here point me in that direction ha thanks

i recommend having lots of fibre each meal to counter the extra meat/protein(an apple a meal does me wonders) or the meat will likely sit very heavy on your stomach (maybe not)

oh right thanks brian.m i will do that love advice thank you loads evy one