Changes in Youth Vote and Turnout?

Real reform usually takes a revolution actually.

[quote]Gaius Octavius wrote:
Real reform usually takes a revolution actually.[/quote]

Real reform won’t happen unless people cannot get the essentials: food,shelter, water and freedom(vague word but you get it). The U.S. has not had this problem basically since its inception, thats why you got revolutions occurring in all those Middle East countries.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

A few parting thoughts:

• The 18-25 age group is the least likely to show up at the polls. And this has been true for many election cycles. (Odd because it seems like they have the most to say ha)[/quote]
    But all the candidates are baby boomers pieces of sh-t, so whatâ??s the point to showing up.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

• They rarely vote republican at the national level as they see themselves as being more liberal and look at the GOP as their parentâ??s party. (Liberal College Professor influence? That could be part of it)[/quote]
    It could be because the GOP is so anti-intellectual, and like to spend time debating religious values on issue that are not really up for debate, like evolution, abortion, gay marriage, DADT, ect. It could also be that unlike our parents generation we actually s buy into the whole living like Christ not just being his fan and showing up on Sunday, and recognize our responsibility to our fellow country men, especially those less fortunate than ourselves.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

• The GOP wins when the 18-25 groups stays home. And since only 60% of this group are registered and only about 40% of those tend to vote it’s not a stretch to see them staying home in droves, which is always a good thing.[/quote]

Thank god the baby boomers only have a good 15-20 years before they all die off and we can get these free loaders off our youthful backs. They created the entitlements and built the strongest economy in the world and are driving it straight into the ground. Hopefully they don’t have enough time to sell off every square inch through privatization. Thanks a lot you hypocritical F-ckbags.

Just some generalizations I like to make about 40+ year olds since you seem to like making them about the youth.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

1. Youth disgust or ambivalence

…[/quote]

Ya know I find this funny about politics in general, people expect things to happen at a break-neck pace but most “smart”(idk what word to use here) people know it takes time to implement changes or reform to government(thats just its nature, we all know that) yet they still vote the for the other guy who says he will do it FASTER then the guy in office but in reality it will take the same amount of time.

It baffles me that people would vote for the other candidate based on that fact alone, which ALOT of people do.[/quote]

It is impossible to reform a government. It can be overthrown and that is the closest history has ever seen to government reform.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

1. Youth disgust or ambivalence

…[/quote]

Ya know I find this funny about politics in general, people expect things to happen at a break-neck pace but most “smart”(idk what word to use here) people know it takes time to implement changes or reform to government(thats just its nature, we all know that) yet they still vote the for the other guy who says he will do it FASTER then the guy in office but in reality it will take the same amount of time.

It baffles me that people would vote for the other candidate based on that fact alone, which ALOT of people do.[/quote]

It is impossible to reform a government. It can be overthrown and that is the closest history has ever seen to government reform.[/quote]

More black and white thinking I see. Change happens gradually as well. I’ve already explained that to you in previous posts but you were not listening.