Change, Rearrange? Opinions Please

yo dudes

I have recently started my bulking… about 16 days ago…(gained 4 lbs since)
and have been following this training scheme that i just conjured up and was wanting some others two cents about what needs to be added, removed, or done differently for better results.

I work out 4 times a week with a day of rest in between each workout.

My workout is this:

Flat Bench Press supersetted with Bent-Over rows
Squats supersetted with Chin-Ups
Deadlifts supersetted with DB Overhead Press
Then i finish up with a 3 sets of barbell lunges, 4 sets of dips, and some ab work

I use the Waterbury 10x3 (sometimes 4) method on one of the exercise pairings and then use 4x6 on the other pairings. So one day is Flat Bench and Bent-Over Rows 10x3, and the rest 4x6, then the next training day is Squats and chins 10x3, and 4x6 for everything else and so on and so forth…

I have been eating 3700 cals a day on lifting days, and 3000 on off days.

I was just wondering if you guys would change it up if you were me… and if so… what changes would you make?

I would appreciate any feedback at all…

Lookin foward to tommorow -10x3 on the Deadlifts!

Thanks Guys… J.P.

I forgot to mention that I do HIIT 2 times a week… and its a pain in the ass to get up at about 7:30 in the morning to do that b.s. just so i wont die of a heat stroke later in the day. I was wondering what you all eat before doing HIIT?.. i always have a recovery drink (wpi and kool-aid mix) afterwards.

Thanks … J.P.

anything?

i guess nobody likes me… hahaha

J.P.

it looks good to me.

before HIIT in the morning i would pop some bcaa’s.

I ususally have some cottage cheee or have a serving of whey before HIIT… i knew not to do it without eating and then again… i heard if was better to eat no carbs before…

Hey… thanks for the reply to my post dude

J.P.

daily caloric intake varies on the size of the person. how tall are you? how much do you weigh?

Im 6’1, 164 lbs, almost 18 years old.

J.P.

3000-3700 cals a day is a great place to start, especially at 164 lbs. some people on this site will tell you that you’re being a pussy and to eat more. i would base it off of your gains and how your body responds to the increase in calories (assuming that that’s an increase from previous food intake).

eat like a house. try to shoot for about a gram to 1.5 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight each day, and during a bulking phase, shoot for the latter. so between 164-246grams.

make sure you’re getting a ton of healthy fats and clean carbs i.e, olive oil (can be sipped), almonds, flax seed, etc. for carbs, whole grains (except post workout), oats, vegetables, etc.

just so you have an idea, 246 grams of protein is 984 calories. so if you’re ingesting between 50-60 grams of healthy fats a day, that’s 450-540 calories from fat for a total of roughly 1500 calories. the rest should come from clean carbs.

another great way to increase your caloric intake and put on mass is to drink a gallon of whole milk a day (roughly 2400) calories. that puts you well on your way to increasing mass. hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply dude…

I get plenty of protein…

dont worry about that

I having been eating 3700 on workout days and 3000 on non lifting days and have gained about 4-5 lbs in 17 days… I think this is pretty steady… i will check again in later next week to see if i should add a little more.

I just ordered some BCAAs offline so i can add these to my pre/post w/o drinks.

I love cottage cheese, Natty peanut butter, eggs, sardines, oatmeal, yogurt, apples, peanuts, almonds, jack mackarel, steamed veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans, carrots, red peppers and onions. That pretty much a rundown of what i eat. And i use 6g of salmon oil each day. I just hope my routine will produce some good mass and strength gains.

J.P.