T Nation

Change of Heart About Dream Job

Ok so here’s the deal

Since i was 9 years old all i wanted to do was be a professional wrestler. Its what i dreamed about up until now. I’m 18 now. I’ve been wrestling for about 6 months now and have done shows. It’s great while your out there but once all that glory is gone there’s nothing.

I’ve already shelled out 1500 dollars and have another 1500 dollars til ive payed the training off full. During this time i feel like i’ve lost that dream to really be a professional wrestler. There’s one thing i truly love to do and thats train. I’ve been training since i was 14 and too be honest my whole life revolves around it. I know there’s more to this world then working out but my desire to wrestle has faded.

It’s constant abuse on the body and the politics involved suck. I would really feel like a scumbag just leaving considering ive gotten close to some of the guys and i feel like i would be letting them down. And the 1500 lost would kinda suck too. It’s not a great lifestyle to live being on the road basically all year.

I feel like within time i could do good things in the fitness industry and make good money off it. It’s not even that the training is hard it’s almost that like i just dont want to do it anymore but would feel like i let a lot of people down. Maybe i should give it up before i drop more money that i could really use at this time?

If you know you aren’t going to enjoy it, don’t do it.

You have no obilgation to other people to do it.

Its not about the money either. Your 18. This is pretty much what 18 is about.

I could understand your moral dilemma if it involved a career in cancer research, but you are talking about sacrificing your life being a luchadore…

Unless you promised your dying mother, don´t.

edit: Plus, pull your pants up.

[quote]orion wrote:
I could understand your moral dilemma if it involved a career in cancer research, but you are talking about sacrificing your life being a luchadore…

Unless you promised your dying mother, don´t.

edit: Plus, pull your pants up.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=31931 [/quote]

hahah i saw that the other day for the first time and was dying… its an old pic though… oh well lol

you’re 18, things change.

I went to college for accounting (ok not a dream), but after 2.5 yrs realized it wasn’t for me and found my passion.

It’s ok to change your mind.