Change My Routine?

I have been on a bulking diet/workout for about 2 months. I started out weighing 165 and now I am 185. I have never really worked legs before, but have begun working them a lot.

My routine is

Monday and Thursday
back squat:pyramid up to one set of of 5 reps at my max
reverse lunges: 4 sets of ten reps
good mornings: 3 sets of ten reps

Tuesday and Friday
Bench Press: pyramid up to one set of 5 reps at my max
hang clean: 4 sets of ten reps
seated row: 3 sets of ten reps
farmers walk

I have made significant gains.
Squat: 165 - 245
reverse lunge: 95 - 145
good morning: ? - 135

bench: 160 - 180
hang clean: 95 - 135
seated row: 90 - 110

My question is, when should I change my routine up? When I do change, what should I change to? I am not very strong yet, but I enjoy my workouts a lot! I am sorry if this question has already been asked. Any advice would be great!

[quote]charbreath wrote:
I have been on a bulking diet/workout for about 2 months. I started out weighing 165 and now I am 185. I have never really worked legs before, but have begun working them a lot.

My routine is

Monday and Thursday
back squat:pyramid up to one set of of 5 reps at my max
reverse lunges: 4 sets of ten reps
good mornings: 3 sets of ten reps

Tuesday and Friday
Bench Press: pyramid up to one set of 5 reps at my max
hang clean: 4 sets of ten reps
seated row: 3 sets of ten reps
farmers walk

I have made significant gains.
Squat: 165 - 245
reverse lunge: 95 - 145
good morning: ? - 135

bench: 160 - 180
hang clean: 95 - 135
seated row: 90 - 110

My question is, when should I change my routine up? When I do change, what should I change to? I am not very strong yet, but I enjoy my workouts a lot! I am sorry if this question has already been asked. Any advice would be great! [/quote]

You need to change your set/rep scheme every 2-4 weeks (“rule of thumb”). Try and include some overhead pressing and pulling also (and don’t forget about the BARBELL ROW). It’s good to see you’re sticking to the compound stuff and if you’re bulking diet you definately want to lift with speed and high volume. However, whenever bulking you also might consider implementing the bodybuilding view of doing isolation moves and going for the “pump”. Also, include direct arm work.

-Just make sure that there’s balance between pushing and pulling moves (ex. if you do flat bench then you HAVE to do barbell/cable row)
-make sure you hit the anterior and posterior muscles in the same plane (ex. pull-up and dip or leg extension and leg curl)
-Make sure you eat for results not for fat!