Change My Routine

[quote]mr popular wrote:
that’s nice, zep. haha[/quote]

he was just bitching about isolation excersizes, there isn’t any issue with machines or isolations, it’s just with what works best for you. If you have equipment available, try it. but don’t just do shit because it’s easier.

Imagine a rank beginner trying to do squats, lunges, and good mornings on his leg day.

Now that is some stupid (and dangerous) shit.

People have gotten big thighs doing the squat-leg curl-leg extension combination for decades. It’s not what anybody “needs” to do or “should” do but blowing it off like its worthless is a big mistake.

I’m sure you and I are in agreement here zep, but nj needs to stop giving out advice haha it is always atrocious.

What are your goals? Are you more concerned with strength, hypertrophy, speed? Based on the answer you give I would then make a recomendation. Remember, above all the REP dictates the training effect.

What are your goals? Are you more concerned with strength, hypertrophy, speed? Based on the answer you give I would then make a recomendation. Remember, above all the REP dictates the training effect.

My goals are to have a nice body, but i dont want to be overly huge!

For simplicity sake and to answer your question, I would simply do:
Day 1 Chest/ Back
Day 2 Legs
Day 3 off
Day 4 shoulders/arms
Day 5 off
Day 6 repeat or off depending on how you feel

I am not sure why my last post doubled?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Imagine a rank beginner trying to do squats, lunges, and good mornings on his leg day.

Now that is some stupid (and dangerous) shit.

People have gotten big thighs doing the squat-leg curl-leg extension combination for decades. It’s not what anybody “needs” to do or “should” do but blowing it off like its worthless is a big mistake.

I’m sure you and I are in agreement here zep, but nj needs to stop giving out advice haha it is always atrocious.[/quote]

I agree. Not to mention good mornings are (imo) moronic to do unlesss you have good back strength to begin with. IMO if you’re a beginner you can just squat for legs. But IMO one lift for quads/hammys each is beneficial.

“And njrusmc… what do you mean by “stalled fast with the incredible amount of isolation”? I’m not following you here.”

“I’m sure you and I are in agreement here zep, but nj needs to stop giving out advice haha it is always atrocious.”

How is my advice atrocious? I agreed that your template program was overall good, and gave me input as to what I felt were its weaknesses. Is this kind of discussion somehow not appropriate for a forum?

Did I not say that isolation exercises did not work for me? I made a suggestion; whether the OP accepts it or not is his decision. Respectfully disagree if you want, but do not degrade me in the process.

“njrusmc is just a dumbass”

Transitively, that makes MtbKid and Zep dumbasses too for agreeing with me above his original routine, according to you.

Bottom line: Give advice as you see fit. Talk about your experiences. Let others do the same.

Sorry dumbass, but some people are just more right than others.

Excellent rationale. I especially like your systematic approach to argument. Your presentation of valid points, supplied with reason, is absolutely unmatched. Very mature.

EDIT:

It is pretty useless for us to argue in this way, especially at no benefit to OP.

To OP, have you changed your routine at all? If so, how?

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
Excellent rationale. I especially like your systematic approach to argument. Your presentation of valid points, supplied with reason, is absolutely unmatched. Very mature.[/quote]

I lol’d.

No, seriously, I did. It was great.

I laughed almost as much as when LifeLongBread said “My goals are to have a nice body, but i dont want to be overly huge!”

To LifeLongBread- nothing personal. I just thought it was funny.

[quote]Otep wrote:
njrusmc wrote:
Excellent rationale. I especially like your systematic approach to argument. Your presentation of valid points, supplied with reason, is absolutely unmatched. Very mature.

I lol’d.

No, seriously, I did. It was great.

I laughed almost as much as when LifeLongBread said “My goals are to have a nice body, but i dont want to be overly huge!”

To LifeLongBread- nothing personal. I just thought it was funny.[/quote]

hahaha yeah i dont want to be so huge i cant touch my hands together or i cant touch myself, but i want to be bigger than the average joe at the gym

“i cant touch myself”

This would be a travesty, a true shame. But trust us, if you start frequenting the gym you won’t get so massive, so fast that you won’t be able to wipe your ass. It takes years of die-hard dedication to end up that way. If you reach your goals in say 6 months, then exercise for maintenance and eat a maintenance diet to keep your physique the same. Goals change as well, so maybe you will want more size later.

oh i dont care if i cant wipe my ass, but chances are i will never get that big so i dont have to worry about it?

[quote]lifelongbread wrote:
oh i dont care if i cant wipe my ass, but chances are i will never get that big so i dont have to worry about it?[/quote]

To put it simply, no one ever wakes up one day is says ‘Gosh darn it, I’m too muscular. Some of this has gotta go.’

The fact that the words ‘gosh darn it’ are not longer in common american parliance have nothing to do with it.

[quote]Otep wrote:
lifelongbread wrote:
oh i dont care if i cant wipe my ass, but chances are i will never get that big so i dont have to worry about it?

To put it simply, no one ever wakes up one day is says ‘Gosh darn it, I’m too muscular. Some of this has gotta go.’

The fact that the words ‘gosh darn it’ are not longer in common american parliance have nothing to do with it.[/quote]

Yes, exactly. You will see excellent gains in the beginning, a lot of size and strength increases. Everyone will tell you it isn’t linear, probably more logarithmic if anything. Over time you will add less and less weight to the bar, and eventually you’ll get to a point where you work hard to add 5lbs a MONTH to your squat, for example.