Change My Anastrozole Dose After Losing 20lbs?

Adding on to what @bmbrady77 said, which is a solid plan, keep in mind that if your T comes back at say 1200 and your E2 at 82 in 6 months your T may still be at 1200 but the E2 may have dropped to 45. It may take a bit to level off. There are guys on here who have run cycles of 500+ a week and not run an AI and been fine.

@bmbrady77 @NH_Watts @systemlord So if e2 is slightly high, just within range, could this lead to negative effects long term? I’m terrified of man boobs. So even though my e2 gets high at the top of the range, I take anastrazole. I was getting sensitive, hard nipples and emotional.

Now keep in mind that these are just my opinions and I am not medically trained in any capacity.

That being said…

If you were getting the symptoms of high E2, then your levels were too high in relation to your Test. Now does that mean that you needed an AI? Probably not. It’s probably a safe bet that your dosage of test was still too high for your particular type (aromatase rate) at that given time.

In your situation, I believe that I would have lowered my test dose temporarily , even if that meant sub par T levels, and started focusing on why I was aromatasing so much. This could be that I needed to fix some bad habits, or it could also mean that I would need to start seriously start dialing in my diet and exercise routines to drop the excess weight. It could even be more technical than that, like some other hormone or vitamin deficiency.

The point is, that I would lower the test dose to keep E2 to a point where I wasn’t having symptoms, and then fix the other issues, whether that be physical issues, or other more complicated reasons that would require close attention to the labs to fix. Once those issues were dealt with, I would start slowly bumping up the test dose and keep taking labs every 6 weeks until my T levels were back to a good stable level.

2 Likes

Thanks a LOT for everyone’s input. IIRC Dr. Crisler was a well respected doc on this board. Has his thinking changed at all?

My E2 is 12 but I feel pretty damn good (t is 790) but I’ve since upped my t dose since my last blood work (probably not for good reasons - I wanted to see if more was better which it probably isn’t).

I’ve got bloodwork in three weeks. I think ill stay on my ai until then just to get a reading of how my test/E2 reacted to this higher dose and then I’ll try going off my AI and following up in 6 weeks.

Is there a thread where PhysioLojik explains his lojik (ba dum dum) for not using an AI?

Thanks.

Crisler was more on a different forum moderated by Nelson Vergel. He is still respected and will still use AIs where necessary AFAIK.

Check out the thread “For All You AI Preachers” for additional info. Aside from that there were direct challenges in other threads but nothing specific.

I think I’m going to drop down to 40mg EOD and see how that goes.

@kidcharlemagne, based on Physiolojik’s knowledge, I dropped my dose and all AI usage. Had great results. You can read my thread here. Physio contributed quite a bit.

1 Like