Change is Coming and Food for Thought

I just read a very interesting article about the current state of the US, both domestically and internationally. A bit long winded, but very striking. Not surprisingly it is titled provocatively as “The End of the American Empire” and was written by a former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. The author’s conclusion, I’ve heard before, is that Americans get what they deserve and our current system of government is broke, or at least severely dysfunctional:

Take some time and read it all.

He was also a member of the National Intelligence Council who is crowdsourcing some of their efforts this year for global trends on where the world is effectively going:

With respect to this, another gentleman (IINSTP: Global Trends - National Intelligence Council) has posed a couple questions that I’d like to open up to the group here. Keeping in mind the first article and that things don’t seem to be going very well, how would you answer the following questions:

What will political violence look like?

What is the future of governance structures?

Will we still be supporting and defending our current Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic in 20-30years?

Will we evolve beyond the Westphalian nation state construct? How will sovereignty be viewed? Will their be new forms of “sovereignty” e.g., can multi-national corporations evolve to become sovereign?

1 Like