Change In Surge Scoop?

OK so I have been using Surge for a long time and most of the time have used the smaller containers they used to put them until they recently changed that.

Well I ordered a new one of the big containers, which I was excited about because I would have to order anymore sooner.

Then I looked at the nutritional factrs on the back. For 3 round level scoops you get 25 grams of protein. I looked at an old container that I still had and it sais “2” round level scoops for the same amt. of protein!!!

What is that supposed to mean!? Anyone else noticed this??

3 new scoops equals 2 old scoops, at 93 grams of product. Only difference is you get 16 servings as opposed to 10. I’m pretty sure that works out to a lower cost per serving.

even if thats the case why would it take 3 scoops to get 25 grams of protein when before it was only 2? I dont beleive they changed the ingredients around to make it less potent in protein? Also the scoop size is the same. Doesnt make any sense except that they want you to go through that bottle much quicker so you have to buy a new one sooner.

I’m gonna keep taking 2 scoops.

It says that 3 scoops is 93 g of product. The old version was 2 scoops for the same amount. If the volume goes up but the mass stays the same, then the density has been reduced. So, for whatever reason, the new Surge is less dense.

Nevertheless, there are 48 scoops in the new container, as opposed to 20 in the old container. So if you use 3 scoops per serving as recommended, you get 16 servings. With the old Surge you got 10 servings. Though the scoops are different, the servings have the same macronutrient breakdown.

Trust me, Biotest isn’t trying to scam you. Like I said, this is a better deal.

dude the scoop is much smaller. as has been posted above 3 level scoops is equivalent to 2 scoops of the previous version.

-Matt

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
even if thats the case why would it take 3 scoops to get 25 grams of protein when before it was only 2? I dont beleive they changed the ingredients around to make it less potent in protein? Also the scoop size is the same. Doesnt make any sense except that they want you to go through that bottle much quicker so you have to buy a new one sooner.

I’m gonna keep taking 2 scoops.[/quote]

the scoops are NOT the same size, hence the difference. the original surge came with a 70cc scoop. the “new” surge comes with a 60cc scoop. to make things simple (or more what you’re accustomed to), use the old scoop, or find a 70cc scoop from the inevitable collection we all have laying around.

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:

I’m gonna keep taking 2 scoops.[/quote]

have you tried reading the featured Surge thread?.. didn’t think so?

[quote]Tomfu wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:

the scoops are NOT the same size, hence the difference. the original surge came with a 70cc scoop. the “new” surge comes with a 60cc scoop. to make things simple (or more what you’re accustomed to), use the old scoop, or find a 70cc scoop from the inevitable collection we all have laying around.
[/quote]

I ain’t no math wiz, but 2 scoops at 70cc and 3 scoops at 60cc still don’t seem to add up??? So that would make 2 scoops with the old scoop not exactly the answer.

If I were you, I’d read the profile.

Jesus, the product hasn’t changed.

You get more value for the same money - just because the scoops have changed it’s not a big deal - now is it?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Tomfu wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:

I ain’t no math wiz, but 2 scoops at 70cc and 3 scoops at 60cc still don’t seem to add up??? So that would make 2 scoops with the old scoop not exactly the answer.

If I were you, I’d read the profile.[/quote]

you’re exactly right - 140cc does not equal 180cc. i was basing my convoluded theory on the fact that the serving size (listed at 93 grams) had stayed consistent from the old version to the new version (though it’s quite possible i’m wrong on this as well) and that somehow things magically made sense when the product was weighed.

for what it’s worth, a quick check on my food scale put the weight of 2 scoops of 70cc at 82 grams and 3 scoops of 60cc at 100 grams.

Bottom line: there are now 16 servings in the new Surge vs. the old 10.

16 > 10. Relax, there fella.

[quote]rsg wrote:
The product hasn’t changed.[/quote]

Yes is has.

Compare it to the label of the old Surge - Surge Recovery has higher fat content, added Magnesium and, IIRC, Phosphorous (and maybe others) profile has changed and I think more total calories per serving.

[quote]T-Bone2 wrote:
rsg wrote:
The product hasn’t changed.

Yes is has.

Compare it to the label of the old Surge - Surge Recovery has higher fat content, added Magnesium and, IIRC, Phosphorous (and maybe others) profile has changed and I think more total calories per serving.

[/quote]
Calories are exactly identical, but you are right about the magnesium and phosporous, the changes look like this:

(per serving)
calories from fat 20 → 25
total fat 2g → 2.5g
saturated fat 1g → 1.5g
cholesterol 55mg → 75 mg
calcium 15mg → 180mg
phosphorous 60mg → 120mg
sodium 360mg → 200
potassium 0mg → 400mg

the rest remained the same

Holy crap people. It’s not rocket science. The product has changed and the manufacturer has changed the serving size. It’s really that simple. If you think you know better (which you don’t) and you are just going to do what you used to do (because you are afraid of change) then so be it. You will not get the full effect of the product the way it’s intended to be, but you’ll feel better thinking you outsmarted “the man.”