Chandler's Training Log (Newbie)

Chandler, let me say that you are a very impressive woman!! Your hard work and dedication shows. It sounds that your bench isn’t what you want. It seems to me that you are strong, but with everything it is good form and being comfortable under the bar that builds the foundation. You might already know what i’m about to say, but it may help. Typically your hands should be just outside shldrs. Align yourself with eyes even with the bar.

Unrack and allow elbows to travel to like a 45 deg. angle btwn your side and straight out to the side (with the bar). Bar should come to mid part of chest.When you drive back up the should naturally arc back over your face. Another key is to exhale as you push up. Practice with a weight you can easily do 12-15 times. Then i would work up to heavier weight but make sure you feel in control of it.

Some other things that will help: Exlposive push ups, Power press (throwing the BB up in a smith machine and catching it), Push ups w/ hands on stability ball.

I hope this helps.

oh and forgot to mention that Maximus it cool looking, I have a bulldog as well, Titus. Goes everywhere with me and the big lug weighs 75lbs!!

[quote]nock22 wrote:
oh and forgot to mention that Maximus it cool looking, I have a bulldog as well, Titus. Goes everywhere with me and the big lug weighs 75lbs!! [/quote]

too funny…i love the name titus!!! sounds like maximus’s brother…
thank you so much for the tips…i will work at it…thanks again!

Late to post this…Day 2 - rep lower body

Leg Extentions and front squat 4X8
2X8 w/ 50, 1X8 w/ 55, 1X8 w/ 60 and 3X8 w/ 45, 1X8 w/ 55

Long Step Lunge 3X10 w/ 30

Good Mornings 4X8 w/ 70

Back extensions w/ band and 10 lb plate - 3X10
bar rotation with 10 lb plate, accent crunch w/ cable
abs- at 25lbs and planks

30 back squats w/ bar

Day 4 - rep upper body

push up on barbell 3X max reps - 20, 21, 25

one arm row and band pull aparts
3X10 w/ 30 and 3X10

shoulder omni set with lat raise, leaning raise, lat w/cable 3X5 w/ 10 db and 1 plate

Curl Drop downs - 5’s w/ DB
5 w/ 5, w/ 10, w/ 15, w/ 20 and 1X w/25
5w/ 20, 15, 10, 5
Front raise drop downs - 5’s w/ DB
5 w/ 5, w/10, w/15 1X w/20 - 5w/ 15, w/10, w/ 5

Day 5 - max effort lower body

back squat - max triples
110 X 3, 115 X 1

Deadlift 4X8
65, 85, 95, 115

Step ups-bar overhead 3X10 w/ 40 lb BB
good Morning variation 3X12 with 35 lb plate held in the front

Abs: russian twist on the incline w/ 10lbs, leg raises w/ rotation, lage raises off the ball…