T Nation

Champagne Flutes?

I was just at a dinner party my friend had and there was champagne. One of the girl there made fun of the fact that there weren't enough champagne flutes and that this must be the "thrift store version of a dinner party". Yes that girl is a bitch. I was drinking a beer straight from the bottle so what did I care?

Does it really matter? Maybe I just havent been raised where I know or care so much for the difference?

Yes this is a stupid thread that can be ended quickly, it is just about anwering my question.

Ended.

Huh? I thought champagne was to be sucked out of the hollow of dwarf’s lower back. The things you learn on these message boards…

[quote]Blush wrote:
I was just at a dinner party my friend had and there was champagne. One of the girl there made fun of the fact that there weren’t enough champagne flutes and that this must be the “thrift store version of a dinner party”. Yes that girl is a bitch. I was drinking a beer straight from the bottle so what did I care?

Does it really matter? Maybe I just havent been raised where I know or care so much for the difference?

Yes this is a stupid thread that can be ended quickly, it is just about anwering my question.[/quote]

I actually lived four years in the Champagne region of France…we never worried too much about what glass we used…yes…I am one cultured bastard.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Blush wrote:
I was just at a dinner party my friend had and there was champagne. One of the girl there made fun of the fact that there weren’t enough champagne flutes and that this must be the “thrift store version of a dinner party”. Yes that girl is a bitch. I was drinking a beer straight from the bottle so what did I care?

Yes this is a stupid thread that can be ended quickly, it is just about anwering my question.

I actually lived four years in the Champagne region of France…we never worried too much about what glass we used…yes…I am one cultured bastard.[/quote]

Did you really!! I bet it was beautiful!

Hey I heard a trivia thing that the champagne flute was designed from a mold of Marie Antoinette’s breast.

I am sure they didn’t pour molten glass on to her boobie but is this true?

I really had no clue what this thread was going to be about especially when I saw sen say had posted in it.

[quote]Blush wrote:

Yes this is a stupid thread that can be ended quickly, it is just about anwering my question.[/quote]

I would never willingly be in a situation where someone would even think they could make that comment around me as if I would agree with them or give a shit how many glasses there were. In fact, I am more than sure I would have made some comment back to her asking why she doesn’t leave if the event is so far beneath her standards.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Blush wrote:

I would never willingly be in a situation where someone would even think they could make that comment around me as if I would agree with them or give a shit how many glasses there were. In fact, I am more than sure I would have made some comment back to her asking why she doesn’t leave if the event is so far beneath her standards.[/quote]

and then the voice of reason.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
sen say wrote:
Blush wrote:

I actually lived four years in the Champagne region of France…we never worried too much about what glass we used…yes…I am one cultured bastard.

Hey I heard a trivia thing that the champagne flute was designed from a mold of Marie Antoinette’s breast.

I really had no clue what this thread was going to be about especially when I saw sen say had posted in it.

[/quote]

They say false.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
sen say wrote:
Blush wrote:

They say false.[/quote]

the urban legend is more interesting

[/quote]

…and sexier.

I wonder whose titties this was made off of.

[/quote]

You’re thinking of a champagne glass, not a flute.
Unless Marie had some banana boobies. This is a flute.

And I’ve heard it said that the perfect size of a woman’s breast is one that fits into a champagne glass.

I’m gonna need a bigger boat.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

…and sexier.

I wonder whose titties this was made off of.
[/quote]

see champagne flutes = breast or even boob,

the pimp juice goblet = titties

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

You’re thinking of a champagne glass, not a flute.
Unless Marie had some banana boobies. This is a flute.

And I’ve heard it said that the perfect size of a woman’s breast is one that fits into a champagne glass.

I’m gonna need a bigger boat.

[/quote]

the breast-style glasses are called “champagne saucers”.

Are you sure it’s not “champagne titties”?

If you’re not drinking straight from the bottle, it aint a party

[quote]robo1 wrote:
If you’re not drinking straight from the bottle, it aint a party[/quote]

I am ready for a party

champagne tastes so good!!!

sen say wrote:
Blush wrote:

I really had no clue what this thread was going to be about especially when I saw sen say had posted in it. [/quote]

No. It was from a mold of Francis 1st’s nose.

[quote]lixy wrote:
No. It was from a mold of Francis 1st’s nose.[/quote]
\

you werent even funny.

I love hisory you are a lying not even funny post

lixy wrote:
No. It was from a mold of Francis 1st’s nose.
\

you werent even funny.

I love hisory you are a lying not even funny post[/quote]

English, girl. English.

Huh? Am I missing an inside joke?