Challenge To My Friends

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Here it is: When W. wins, my pals, RSU/DanH/Lumpy/Todd/Roy will post under ILOVEGWBUSH 1,2,3,4, and 5 for one month.

If the unthinkable occurs: JeffR/Zeb/BB/Rain/OlderLifter will be known as ILOVEJ.KERRY 1,2,3,4, and 5 for one month.

JeffR[/quote]

Hahaha… As ridiculous this bet, I am strangely compelled - scratch that, love the idea. If only I were an American, you could count me in. :wink:

Abaddon,

Welcome!!! In the spirit of international relations, I hereby invite you to the challenge.

Just state which country you are from and who you want to win, and you are in.

I’ll tabulate everyone on Election Eve and we’ll give everyone the appropriate numbers.

Unfortunately, the Democrats/John Kerry lovers have by and large run away from this thread.

Guess they really don’t have that much faith in lurch.

Thanks for the kind comments and thanks for showing the stones to put your money where your mouth is.

JeffR

P.S. I’m laughing at you lumpy/JusttheFacts/tme/danh.

Well, we are closing in on the key date.

Too bad most of the Democrats have dodged THE CHALLENGE.

Looks like they aren’t willing to bet on their candidate. I’m not surprised, if I was a Democrat, I wouldn’t bet on this guy either. However, it would be a refreshing change to see the Dems show some stones.

I’m looking at you: JusttheFacts/tme/dahh/BrotherElk/Sump-Pump-Lump.

JeffR

What exactly does this challenge accomplish?
Do you believe for some misguided reason that whoever wins the electoral vote (maybe not even the majority), of the approximaterly 50% of Americans who choose to vote for President will be a better president? Or even a good president? This is pure lunacy.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Abaddon,

Welcome!!! In the spirit of international relations, I hereby invite you to the challenge.

Just state which country you are from and who you want to win, and you are in.

I’ll tabulate everyone on Election Eve and we’ll give everyone the appropriate numbers.

Unfortunately, the Democrats/John Kerry lovers have by and large run away from this thread.

Guess they really don’t have that much faith in lurch.

Thanks for the kind comments and thanks for showing the stones to put your money where your mouth is.

JeffR

P.S. I’m laughing at you lumpy/JusttheFacts/tme/danh.[/quote]

Hey, the pleasure is all mine! And yeah, it is total lunacy. But hey, this is what’s cool about it, I think.

I’m from… Hmmm… Originally from Russia, now living in Thailand.

Personally, I would want somebody other than Geaorge W. to win. I don’t have much say in internal American affairs, but hey, the dude alienated dozens of America’s allies, most of whom stood by the US in the worst of days… Having travelled extensively (and having lived in the US for 3.5 years) I can still vividly remember when the United States stood as a beacon of freedom to all. Now, all the opinion polls all over the world show that the people of the world dislike America more than ever in its history. And that is after all the sympathy poured at her after Sep. 11.

Just for the record, I think the politics in Russia and in Thailand are much much worse, so I only critisize with your permition here.

DLM,

What is the point of betting in general?

It’s to risk something. It adds to the excitement.

It also forces the loudmouths on this board to put their money where there mouth is.

I relish the idea of Sump-Pump-Lump/Brother Elk/danh/RSU/tme signing in as ILoveGeorgeW.Bush. It would serve them right.

However, they know their poor candidate will lose. So far only RSU has the stones to make the bet.

Abaddon, does that mean you are for Kerry? If so, welcome to the list.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
DLM,

Abaddon, does that mean you are for Kerry? If so, welcome to the list.

JeffR[/quote]

Yes, I suppose it does, although I must say, I know rather little about Kerry. There is definitely not as much news here (in Thailand) about either one, but particularly Kerry being the new kid on the block, so to speak. But in any case, thanks for the welcome! :wink: How would you yourself feel about signing in as “ILoveKerry”?

Are we protected against cheating, i.e. not coming to the board for a month is prohibited?

I do have a concern/question (I may have missed something): can a group of people sign on with the same nick or are we going to the something like “ILoveKerry1”, “ILoveKerry2”, etc.?

P.S. The more I think about this stupid and ridiculous idea, the more I like it! Hahahaha!

Abaddon, welcome to THE CHALLENGE.

Time is getting short for the Dems to stand tall. (I know, why should they start now?!?)

Surprise me: Sump-Pump-Lump/Roy Batty/tme/Brother Elk/danh/w2097/gojira.

JeffR

Hey!!!

Another day closer to a Kerry win!!!

Bet on his victory!!!

You’ll have the satisfaction of watching the misguided fools (like me) typing in ILoveJohnKerry for a solid month.

JeffR

?k Jeff, can’t wait to seeyou as I LOVEGW’s (smelly underpants) for a month.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
You’ll have the satisfaction of watching the misguided fools (like me) typing in ILoveJohnKerry for a solid month.

JeffR[/quote]

You follow the same logic that ZEB did in that you think the outcome of the election bears some reflection on ourselves by choosing the candidate we prefer…it’s wrong, but whatever.

D-D-Dean,

Does that cryptic response mean you are in?

Let’s get fired up for a Kerry win, shall we?

JeffR

JeffR

You follow the same logic that ZEB did in that you think the outcome of the election bears some reflection on ourselves by choosing the candidate we prefer…it’s wrong, but whatever.[/quote]

RSU:

I wasn’t going to post on this thread again, as I feel that I made my point. However, since you mentioned my name:

The candidate that you choose is a direct reflection of your values! You do understand this…right?

Geez-

It’s just freakin’ bet. Has no one on the left ever bought squares for the Super Bowl? Never bet on a game?

It will be fun. Fun dammit!!! You get to se me, JeffR, Zeb, et. al prancing around this site with really stupid names.

Did I say prancing?

Rain,

Prancing around Tippie-Toe with our new little monikers.

Made myself sick there.

Come on Sump-Pump-Lump/danH/D-D-Dean/tme/gojira/W2097. Show some stones.

Bet on your hero!!!

Go Kerry!!!

JeffR

[quote]ZEB wrote:
The candidate that you choose is a direct reflection of your values! You do understand this…right?[/quote]

Yes, but whether or not they win is another matter entirely – one which bears no reflection on one’s values…you do understand this, right?

RSU: There is ONE reflection on your personal values. Whether or not your values are in common with the people that voted for the winner. That’s what JeffR’s bet is about. I don’t see what the big deal is, ya know? Why don’t more “bloods” like elk and lumpy show up and become a part of this harmless little fun like you have?

[quote]Right Side Up wrote:
ZEB wrote:
The candidate that you choose is a direct reflection of your values! You do understand this…right?

Yes, but whether or not they win is another matter entirely – one which bears no reflection on one’s values…you do understand this, right?[/quote]

RSU:

You are in on this bet according to one of your previous posts. Therefore, while you never took me up on my challenge, I respect the fact that you are in on this one.

If Kerry wins you will be quite happy you got in. If Bush wins I suspect that you might become a bit ill with those first few posts…

I’m in, buddy!
But can I be I LOVE DICK CHENEY?

Leave off the Cheney part and I think you might be more accurate…(kidding calm down…put that crow bar down…haha)