Chalk Alternative?

[quote]Modi wrote:
I used to train at a Gold’s Gym that didn’t allow chalk. I bought a bag of pitcher’s rosin and kept it in my shorts pocket. It’s a great alternative, but doesn’t leave the residue that chalk does.[/quote]

This is an excellent alternative. A friend of mine uses it and I’ve tried it before. One application of this last ed my entire workout.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

I use an ecoball that I keep in a ziploc under my towel. It’s essentially chalk, but doesn’t leave tell-tale white marks.[/quote]
I think the ecoball is the same stuff as x-factor invisible climbing chalk. I use x at the gym and it leaves no marks but gives you a grip from hell. if they’re real jerks sew a pocket in your towel with a velcro closure. they won’t see anything when you grab your towel and chalk up or when you wipe your shoulders you’re set to squat.

[quote]Hazzyhazz24 wrote:
chalk is like 100 % pure columbian snow. their is no alternative. all my lifts increase 20% when i apply it liberally to my hands before every lift. even lifts where grip strength doesnt matter. like calf raises. [/quote]

Haha you too? I thought it was just me.

I just try to be very sneaky and usually wear white t-shirts so I can wipe off the extra chalk without anybody noticing.

you could try strong man tacky, liquid chalk, and ive actually hard of some people just grabbing a paper towel and wraping the bar with it. ive never tried any of those methods because my gym allows me to use chalk as long as i clean it up.