Chains or Nylon Straps

Does anyone know a good place to get the chains or nylon straps a lot of guys use for lockout work on the bench or suspended good mornings

harbor freight sells 15’ of 3/8 inch chain for about 30 bucks.

Go to a climbing store(REI) and buy webbing. If you don’t know how to tie the knots tell the (presumed) hippie behind the counter what you are doing, tie knots in the webbing at different lengths so you can then connect it with a carrabeener (sp?) to hang at different lengths.
This is a terrible description, hopefully it gets the point accross though.

Marc Bartley sell the straps you are talking about. There at carolinabarbell.com. 2 kinds of straps. Suspension straps or monostraps. Think you’d be intersted in the suspension straps. At $90, there cheaper than chains and dont teat the shit out of your rack

[quote]dayoff wrote:
Marc Bartley sell the straps you are talking about. There at carolinabarbell.com. 2 kinds of straps. Suspension straps or monostraps. Think you’d be intersted in the suspension straps. At $90, there cheaper than chains and dont teat the shit out of your rack[/quote]

Exactly what i was looking for! Thanks man, appreciate it. Ordering them right now.

i found some at a store that sells marine supplies. 3/4" for $5 per foot and 1" for $7

I went to a Tractor supply store and found 12" Axle straps. I believe they sell this kind of stuff at Autozone too. They work exactly like the “rack savers” and only cost $5 each. Then I use a regular old chain to do suspended stuff. It is also the feeder chain I use when I squat / bench with chains like in the pic.

BroLac, Glad I could help. Let me know how long the straps are when you get them.

Strengthdog, if your able too. Let me know how those axle straps and a set of 3/8 chains work when you drop a heavy squat from 2-3 feet above those chains

[quote]dayoff wrote:
BroLac, Glad I could help. Let me know how long the straps are when you get them.

Strengthdog, if your able too. Let me know how those axle straps and a set of 3/8 chains work when you drop a heavy squat from 2-3 feet above those chains[/quote]

The straps are rated for 10,000#… Ive dropped 600+ pounds on them with no issues. $8 each

http://www.tractorsupply.com/winch-axle-straps/erickson-2-in-x-24-in-axle-strap-with-v-ring-end-fittings-3001770

I said a heavy squat. Maybe I should have said a real squat

[quote]dayoff wrote:
I said a heavy squat. Maybe I should have said a real squat[/quote]

I’m not sure if you are being a smart ass or not… regardless, good luck in rigging your own shit up to handle whatever poundage you play with.