Chain Weight for Speed Squats/Deads?

So I bought my new bands and now i’ll finish it off with chains :slight_smile:

For dynamic SPEED work that is done with 80kg~ fullsquat and around 120kg legal box squat straight weight…
How much chain weight do I need to work dynamic days with chains ?

Let’s take the full squat as example. Instead of doing 80kg straight weight i’ll use 60kg and 20kg of chain ? 24lb/10kg~ each side ?

Thanks !

Are you saying those are the weights you use for DE work or are those you maxes?

And how is you box squat almost 100 lbs heavier than your free squat. There’s something not right there. That box is either too high or your comparing it to an ATG hammies touching calves squat. Even then.

[quote]Ironsmasher wrote:
And how is you box squat almost 100 lbs heavier than your free squat. There’s something not right there.[/quote]

i think he meant that when he does speed work he uses 80kg and his max box squat is 120kg.

http://www.westside-barbell.com/westside-articles/PDF.Files/04PDF/Chains%20and%20Bands.pdf

http://www.westside-barbell.com/articles/wave-periodization/

Some more research is needed on your part.

The free squat is an olympic squat all the way down with a pause to prevent a specific knee issue.

Well, I am not a powerlifter nor I want to specifically train to lift much more than 500-550 on the dead/squat AT THIS POINT… This is used (i hope, i never had them before) for RFD and speed development for athletics.
Obviously people have squatted 800 without that method :slight_smile: But my speed levels in the sprint and VJ are on par with 800lb squatters :slight_smile: So more of a tool for me, less a means to an end.

Xanes - no 50% usually on speed if I’m not doing BW/20% plyometrics.
So max full squat is 160kg and box squat is 220kg
Numbers may be out of sync - I don’t box squat anymore, moved to full squats strictly in an Olympic lifting program and building that up. Should be 170 ? I did do 3 with my 160kg attempt, never went higher… Not in the Oly program hehe.

That article is cool, thanks !

[quote]Xanes wrote:

[quote]Ironsmasher wrote:
And how is you box squat almost 100 lbs heavier than your free squat. There’s something not right there.[/quote]

i think he meant that when he does speed work he uses 80kg and his max box squat is 120kg.[/quote]

Yea I read that wrong. You can use any where from 40-160 lbs if you want but I would read up on how to implement chains effectively in your training.

In general, you want about 50-60% bar weight, plus 20-25% chain weight (at the top) for a total of 70-80% of your 1rm.

In general, you want about 50-60% bar weight, plus 20-25% chain weight (at the top) for a total of 70-80% of your 1rm.
"
The above is incorrect, band tension should be 25%. If you are using chains. 10% of your squat should be added in chains. Use caution when listening to others offering advise.

[quote]dayoff wrote:
"
The above is incorrect, band tension should be 25%. If you are using chains. 10% of your squat should be added in chains. Use caution when listening to others offering advise. [/quote]

Where are you getting this information. I’m taking your advice and using caution when listening to you. I’ve used up to 30-35% chain weight. I’m not an expert but the guy who taught me how to use chains and bands is.

I’m getting the information from the articles I posted. Who’s this expert you speak of?

That gym is always changing the way they do things. It’s always improving. The first article is an older one. The second one is recent and loui talks about the guy who taught me in that one. I’m not gonna drop his name on here. They use around 25% most of the time with bands and chains but there is times where they can use over 50% band tention. They talk about speed strength in that article. Theres also circa max. The percentage thing is just a rough guideline. The main thing is to figure out what works and what attacks your weak areas. For DE work you can add weight each week or you can throw on another chain or band. Play around that 25% number.

I thought an expert might know who makes a good single ply singlet.

[quote]dayoff wrote:
I thought an expert might know who makes a good single ply singlet. [/quote]
Haha ok. I’m not gonna get into this with you. I know nothing about single ply because i have no experience with it. Ive asked a few people that i trained with about it and they recommended Titan as well but none of them compete in single ply so that’s why i came on the forum to see the opinions of people who do. Just because you read an article doesn’t mean you know everything and quoting black angus like that and then saying what you said is rude.

And I am not an expert. I’m simply sharing information an expert gave me. so use caution when listening to my advice.

[quote]dayoff wrote:
"
The above is incorrect, band tension should be 25%. If you are using chains. 10% of your squat should be added in chains. Use caution when listening to others offering advise. [/quote]

Well excuse me, faggotron.