T Nation

Chain of Injuries on Right Side of Body

Howdy,

I am a new user and love working out as i know that everyone here does as well. I have been suffering from a chain of injuries/issues on the right side of my body.

Current Issues:
A little over a year ago I injured my right lower back doing Romanian Deadlift, but I thought it had healed due to zero pain after a month or so of rest, mobility, and what have you. Over the past 3 or 4 months I have gotten more and more issues showing up. These issues include pain in my right lower back near my L2 and L3 vertebrae, a knot or something in the upper right side of my neck. Along with this I think a rib or two is out of place, causing some popping in my collarbone when I put only my right arm overhead and bring it down. doesn’t happen when I do both arms at the same time. Also, I have a tendon or something snapping over my right arm at the lateral epicondyle during the last 10-15 degrees of elbow flexion.

Background:
Before all the issues showed up I did have another injury where i overdid some one arm chin up training and lost all strength in the left side of my upper body. Following this I started to have a tingly feeling near the bottom of my left scapula on the inside portion. I went to physical therapy and they diagnosed it as minor scapular winging, so I got that fixed. my physical therapist had no idea what my elbow issue was and he marked it off as instability, but strengthing the muscles around it has not helped.

I am not near my physical therapist for the summer due to me being a college student. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am open to doing what ever I need to do in order to get back to normal. I can still somewhat workout and continue to do my normal workouts as lo as there is no pain or strange snaps.

Thanks!

Perhaps you could continue with your workout but exercising without any weights first. You would also need to continue physical therapy as you still have persistent symptoms.