Chad Wesley Smith: "Considerations for Strongman Training" Vid

Chad Wesley Smith talking about strongman training. Some very good insights even if his approach is not everyone’s cup of tea.

4 Likes

Liked the video a lot. Is there someone who own his book “The Juggernaut Method 2.0”? I thought about getting it sometime and would like to know if it is worth it.
Especially: It is worth for someone trying to get better in strongman?

If you google search for the powerliftingtowin review of the juggernaut method, you will get the basic outline of the program.

If you then google search for the juggernaut method strongman, you will see basically what is in the book for Strongman.

If you like that, then the book is probably worth it. That said, his latest book has a strongman/powerlifting program (similar to the cube) plus the juggernaut method in it.

Keep in mind, Chad used juggernaut to prep for his first (and second?) Powerlifting meet and not for his strongman comps.

It has a ten-page chapter on strongman, but that sounds more than it really is. He basically gives two templates on how to organize the Juggernaut Method for strongman training within a week, one with a seperate event day and one with events spread out throughout the week.

Ok thanks for the information. Do you recommend any other books about strongman training/ programming?

I have a number of books but I don’t know that I’d necessarily recommend anything. You probably know enough and no book teaches you how to apply knowledge, you just need to learn that for yourself.