I just read an article written by Chad, he said at his biggest his arms were 20 inches. Is that true Chad! I've always been a fan of his articles I just never thought he was that big. How could anyone challenge the validity of full body workouts if this is true ?
join date, 2002. What have you been doing this whole time?
At his biggest he was over 280 I believe. I wouldn't call it a built 280 either.
Because even if those numbers were true (Not saying they aren't, just that I don't know), a lot more people have got their arms over 20 inches by split workouts than full body workouts.
That is probably true, but alot more people do splits than full body workouts. So more people would have big arms doing the splits. If you could actually get bodybuilders to do the full body routines on a consistent basis which I know it wont ever happen, but if you could I would like to see the results compared. I'm under no illusion that the majority of bodybuilders follow split routines and maybe it is because they work better. It's hard to tell when you have conflicting information.
When Chad Waterbury says with all of his clients and himself full body workouts work the best. Then you have guys like Christian T. saying bodypart splits are the best way to put on muscle. I'd like them to have a head to head conversation about it, and results based on there clients. IE how much improvements they have made, measurements etc.
This search thingy is amazzzing...
A thing I believe but can't prove:
The routine, whether it be split or TBT, is the least important factor.
Does it make a difference? yes.
But consistency, progression, intensity and diet seem to trump what routine you're doing. (As long as it isn't retarted.)
But then again, what the hell do I know?
That is probably true, but alot more people do splits than full body workouts. So more people would have big arms doing the splits. If you could actually get bodybuilders to do the full body routines on a consistent basis which I know it wont ever happen, but if you could I would like to see the results compared. I'm under no illusion that the majority of bodybuilders follow split routines and maybe it is because they work better. It's hard to tell when you have conflicting information.[quote]
You just answered your own question. Almost everyone does a split because they work better. Why would anyone want to do something that yields less results?
This may be a good read for you then:
Lol, yeah, let's read an article about three guys who never give out legitimate and logical splits... and how much they hate them.
Thibs hates splits?
imo, btw i just can't prove it, give ANY routines (high volume,low volume ..anything) to a well determined man and said to him to try to add weight to the bar as often as possible and he 'll grow (if eating is well spotted)....
What I said was more people do split routines than full body workouts. lets say there are a million people that workout for example, (obviously there are more people than that, that workout). lets say 80% do split routines, okay so 800,000 people, and the rest 20% 200,000 do full body workouts.
What I'm saying is that because there are 800,000 people who do splits compared to 200,000 who do full bodys , there is four times the pool of people to draw from in the split group. that's what I'm saying, just because there are more people that do split routines doesn't mean on an average percent of the group that they have bigger arms than the average of full body routine people.
"legitimate and logical"
I like CT plenty, but the splits that he's advocated in the past, IMO, are nothing close to a conventional BB split.
Huh... Waterbury is a taller guy, no?
That plus weighing a lot... Perhaps his arms really were up to twenty at some point... But that's not at all comparable to a 5'10 guy like Modok sporting twenty inch guns weighing 190-220 though, and you can bet your ass that Modok's (for example) arms are way stronger than Chad's ever were...
From the pictures I've seen of him at various sizes, Waterbury's arms look to be the equivalent of 16-17(the latter being generous)'s on a 5'10 dude...