T Nation

Chad Dub's House

I include the below information just for reference, in case the term “Sadistic Bastard” slips out during the posting of my thoughts…

Main Entry: sa-dism
Pronunciation: 'sA-"di-z&m, 'sa-
Function: noun
Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary, from Marquis de Sade
Date: 1888
1 : a sexual perversion in which gratification is obtained by the infliction of physical or mental pain on others (as on a love object) – compare MASOCHISM
2 a : delight in cruelty b : excessive cruelty

• sa-dist /'sA-dist, 'sa-/ noun
  • sa-dis-tic /s&-'dis-tik also sA- or sa-/ adjective
  • sa-dis-ti-cal-ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

1bas-tard
Pronunciation: 'bas-t&rd
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, probably of Germanic origin; akin to Old Frisian bost marriage, Old English bindan to bind
Date: 14th century
1 : an illegitimate child
2 : something that is spurious, irregular, inferior, or of questionable origin
3 a : an offensive or disagreeable person – used as a generalized term of abuse b : MAN, FELLOW

• bas-tard-ly adjective

Just finished my first “volume day” of C Dub’s “Diverstity for Hypertrophy” method and in the interest of hearing from other victims of this I would like to summarize the first week so far…

Moday, Tuesday and Wednesday:

Heavy days, 8 sets of 5 reps. Poundages were HUGE! My training partner (that is a “Gay” sounding term is it not?) Brian (and that is a “Gay” sounding name too, of course not as bad as “Bruce” but still… let’s call him “B”) “B” and I had discussions similiar to this one every day:

Me: Holy shit this is heavy.

B: Yes it is.

Me: Can you believe how heavy this is?

B: It is very heavy, yes.

Me: Wow! this really is heavy.

B: Indeed.

Needless to say, there was much grunting, straining and quite frankly a TON of chest puffing would follow the days session. We were BLOWING AWAY our “old” heavy day poundages. The challenge of a totaly reworked program and a new philosophy was like gas on a fire.

We were primed to go Baby!

Thursday:

Suffering from WHOLE BODY DOMS our “pregame” chat had us looking forward to the “easy” day of 2 sets of 40 reps.

Oops.

Descending sets, flushing techniques and “to failure” have nothing on this. Nothing. Had I been wearing a harness, codpiece and a collar I would have thought the Marquis De Sade himself had kidnapped me and was trying to break me. PAINPAINPAIN.

Never in my life have I suffered through more self-inflicted pain although my wedding day comes to mind and of course I did watch The Anna Nichole Show Nichole Show once but other than that, nothing.

In the interest of correcting some errors that have somehow eluded our brilliant T-Mag staffers, I submit the “corrected” version of Chads summary that appears below his articles here:

Chad Waterbury is a strength and conditioning coach with Bachelor of Science degrees in Human Biology and Physical Sciencehis minor while in school was the torture of the primate specimens with an eye to application on humans. Currently, he’s studying Graduate work in Physiology at the University of Arizonaand devising new and painful methods of inflicting pain on those who are brave enough to follow his advice “HeHe they actaully did it”, is a phrase that Chad utters many times a day . He operates his company, Chad Waterbury Strength & Conditioning and S&M (mostly “S”), in Tucson, AZ, where his clientele consists of members of military special forces units, athletes, professionals, non-athletes and dominatrixes who have dificult clients who are unable to enjoy “normal” levels of pain and need the “good stuff” seeking exceptional physical performance and development. You can contact him through his website, chadwaterbury.com. or you can just inquire down at the local chapter of “Your pain is our Pleasure” house of kink

Thank You Chad.

“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding”

~ Kahlil Gibran

Cupcake,
I’ve read a lot of posts since my introduction on this site, but nothing compares to yours.
You, my friend, have just earned a free 4 week training program designed by me once you finish your current phase. You tell me your goals, I’ll design the four week program. How’s that sound?
You have done well to replace the ever-absent MBE as the new cunning linguist on this forum.

Well, I’ll be hot-damned.

This by far is your best work Cake!

Ending with the Prophet was sweeeet!
Good call Chad.

And so a new romance blossoms…

Cake, if you’re not currently a journalist, comedian or novelist, you need to pick one and get in the game.

A lot of your stuff reminds me of Dave Barry’s column.

And see where it got you? One post and you’re getting a freebie from CW… free “S”, that is. :smiley:

'Cake gushes in his best Sally Fields impersonation

" You like me, you really, really like me"

Chad, your gift is very much appreciated but perhaps even more valued are your kind words. I could not however suppress my juvenile tendencies enough when reading “cunning linguist” to not think of the bad joke “cunning runts”…sorry…

Whatever is left of me after the next 5 weeks will be in contact with you for collection of your highly valued gift.

Thanks (again) Chad!

“If you suffer, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are alive”

~ Elbert Hubbard

Hahahahahahaha, Cupcake, you always make my day.

: )

It worked Chad, Cupcake doesn’t have a clue that your really major league pissed off and that your evil plan is to REALLY step up the torture with his own personally designed HELL

Pure genius my friend…Pure genius

“Sometimes you feel like a nut” - Hyde that 70’s show. <---- Blatantly ripped off and a very poor attempt at a Cupcake type tag line

Tyler, Thank you for your nice words as well!

My “Day” job is one that requires a fair bit of communication within my District, from Dealers, Market Managers, Op’s Managers, Directors and my V.P. Although you could not find a company with better culture and character, corporate dogma is nonetheless an ugly truth in my day to day existence.

It is therefore a cathartic release for me to make my daily appearance here and act like a 14 year old. The flexing of long abandoned creative writing muscles is stimulating to say the least and has indeed helped in keeping an “inspired edge” on work communiques regarding the “proper rotation and maintenance of dairy based products in Coffee areas” and “Re-thermalization techniques to conserve moisture”

All in all, I enjoy the day gig immensely, would I trade it to be a 14 year old all day? yep…am I going to? probably not but Thank you again for thinking I could.

'Cake

“I can live for two months on a good compliment”

~ Mark Twain

Chad,

Any special diet considerations for recovery?

Dr. Cake:

I finally know what you do, the signs are there:

“My ‘Day’ job is one that requires a fair bit of communication within my District, from Dealers?” - Dealers, Ah-Ha;
“Market Managers?” - The Suppliers;
“Op’s Managers?” - The Crack house?;
“Directors and my V.P.” - The Drug Lords.

You work in a high school.

–What Forest Gump should have said–

“My Mama always said ‘Life is like a box of chocolates.’ … Dumb Bitch”

Mr. Cupcake
What flavour are you?

I guess you work with children, because you seem to be able to amuze most of the people on this forum with ease.

So my guess is that you have a bunch of children running around you all day long.
Hey sally Feild was his Mom in Forest Gump. You can’t talk that way about Sally Feild.

Sally from the Vally -25]hbvg4 z4h4h 5]f 5] c643d type3 5]t w643d be3 a g66d th5]ng ca2e3 y 64 r6c2 ~

E~Pluribus Unum:

Having had several PM “conversations” with you, I am hard pressed to tell if you are still having keyboard problems or if we are just enjoying your usual fine keyboardship?

Just PM me one “k;lwdfeuywfj” for “Board”

or

two “cfb297efgjhwq” 's for “Fuck You wise Ass”…:slight_smile:

“Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else”

~ Will Rogers

Cake Look 1t 1s gett1ng better and fck o w1se ass :0P