CGBP vs Tucked Bench for Triceps

Center of curl bar grip with arch and elbows flared enough to clear my sides.

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Oh yeah, suicide grip. Regular doesn’t do it for me on CGP’s…

NO WAY…Me and my friend do the exact same thing it’s almost like you designed our program or something. ;)[/quote]

If only you guys would stop doing 12 reps on every damn warm-up set, then I’ll be a happy man :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

IH presses… I just call them that because I first saw In-Human describe them in a post of his.

In the smith, slide ass over the edge of the bench(got to have bench in the right position, of course) so that only upper back/delts and low back are on the bench (not absolutely necessary, a regular arch does the trick for me… But yeah, that’s how IH does them and who can argue with that guy’s pressing strength).
Armpit-wide grip, elbows flared, press towards your feet as well as up.
Chest/sternum high, scapulae retracted, shoulders stay on the bench at all times.
Bar comes down around nipple line or slightly below.

And for chrissake use a non-counterweighted smith or disengage the counterweights.
I use a suicide grip there, too.

Anyway… When I tuck my elbows, I generally prefer pressing towards my shoulders… Not really possible in the smith, so there I do the IH version with somewhat flared elbows.

[quote]kickureface wrote:
Kerley wrote:
am confused do you not normaly tuck when benching?

not currently, trying to grow some pressing muscle[/quote]

tuck on the way down press back towards the rack flare about half way up and lock that shit out

If NOT using some arch allows you to use more weight in a CGBP more power to you.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
IH presses… I just call them that because I first saw In-Human describe them in a post of his.

In the smith, slide ass over the edge of the bench(got to have bench in the right position, of course) so that only upper back/delts and low back are on the bench (not absolutely necessary, a regular arch does the trick for me… But yeah, that’s how IH does them and who can argue with that guy’s pressing strength).
Armpit-wide grip, elbows flared, press towards your feet as well as up.
Chest/sternum high, scapulae retracted, shoulders stay on the bench at all times.
Bar comes down around nipple line or slightly below.

And for chrissake use a non-counterweighted smith or disengage the counterweights.
I use a suicide grip there, too.

Anyway… When I tuck my elbows, I generally prefer pressing towards my shoulders… Not really possible in the smith, so there I do the IH version with somewhat flared elbows.

[/quote]

I’m probably just not thinking very hard, but why does it matter if the smith is counterweighted or not?

CGBP elbows flared but dont bring the bar all the way to your chest. You’re working TRICEPS. How close you hold it together is your preference. Arm length etc.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
I’m probably just not thinking very hard, but why does it matter if the smith is counterweighted or not?
[/quote]

Because using a counterweighted smith makes you a pussy.

Seriously though, the only counterweighted ones I’ve tried felt weird. Maybe you have better ones… But then again, why not disengage the counterweights anyway?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

Because using a counterweighted smith makes you a pussy.

Seriously though, the only counterweighted ones I’ve tried felt weird. Maybe you have better ones… But then again, why not disengage the counterweights anyway?
[/quote]

I’ve only had access to a counterweighted so I’ve nothing to compare it to. Maybe that’s why I’m fine with it!