Central Plank Of GW Alarmism Discredited!

http://www.dailytech.com/Global%2BWarming%2BResearchers%2BReverse%2BStance%2Bon%2BStorm%2BIntensity/article11471.htm

Author of the theory that global warming breeds stronger hurricanes recants his view

Noted Hurricane Expert Kerry Emanuel has publicly reversed his stance on the impact of Global Warming on Hurricanes. Saying “The models are telling us something quite different from what nature seems to be telling us,” Emanuel has released new research indicating that even in a rapidly warming world, hurricane frequency and intensity will not be substantially affected.

“The results surprised me,” says Emanuel, one of the media’s most quoted figures on the topic.

The view that global warming has limited impact on hurricane strength has been previously reported in numerous DailyTech articles.

Emanuel, professor of Atmospheric Science at MIT, is the author of numerous books and research papers on climate change. For over twenty years, he has argued that global warming breeds more frequent and stronger storms. In fact, his 1987 paper is often cited as the first appearance of the theory itself.

His 2005 research – published just one month before Hurricane Katrina struck – made world headlines, and was heralded as the “final proof” that Global Warming was already having severe impacts on daily lives. Overnight, Emanuel became a media darling. The following year, Time Magazine named him to their “100 People Who Shape Our World” list.

In 2006, Al Gore used an image of a smokestack spawning a hurricane to promote his movie, An Inconvenient Truth.

Emanuel’s newest work, co-authored with two other researchers, simulates hurricane conditions nearly 200 years in the future. The research – the first to mesh global climate models with small-scale high-resolution simulations of individual storms – found that while storm strength rises slightly in some areas, it falls in others – and the total number of worldwide storms actually declines slightly.

Emanuel’s reversal is certain to reverberate through political circles as well; many politicians and candidates are using the hurricane threat to compel action on climate change.

I was never concerned about the hurricanes.

It’s the sea level I’m worried about. My family owns a house a few blocks from beach-front on Vancouver Island!

Does flood insurance include rising oceans, I wonder?

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
I was never concerned about the hurricanes.

It’s the sea level I’m worried about. My family owns a house a few blocks from beach-front on Vancouver Island!

Does flood insurance include rising oceans, I wonder?[/quote]

So it will be beach front in a few years. You are moving up in the world.