Censorship at T-Nation? - POLL

I don’t post too often, but I don’t see a censorship issue. I’ve only been censored once for posting a link to another website (fair enough).

Any censorship needed (outside of what is already censored) should be done by ourselves, by that I mean we don’t need “Internet tough guys”. I basically use the guideline that if I wouldn’t say it in face-to-face conversation, I won’t post it. For some of us I’m sure that leaves it wide open as far as comments! :slight_smile:

Please don’t take that as meaning I’m against flaming people. As I said, what would you say face-to-face? I’m sure many of us would have no problem, making similar comments in person.

No need for censorship here. I completely understand why the mods would filter out comments about other companies products. It also makes sense why they would not let posts fly that talk bad about Biotest products (although I would like to see the good and bad comments).
I don’t feel it is needed, but I would not be against a disclaimer at the top of the page. If one doesn’t like it, they can leave.
‘But what about the children who view this site?’ some may ask. What about the parents who don’t supervise their child’s internet usage is my reply. Plus, if a kid wants to see sex, drugs or politically incorrectness, plenty of better places to view for just that.

I have seen people posting that neither Alpha Male nor Spike did anything for them, so I don?t see the problem.

Ive been moderated once but the important thing was that the Mod PM’ed me and explained WHY he’d done so.

As for political correctness, it is totally ruining the UK here so lets not let it ruin T-Nation.

Hello Mr Moderator, this is a test post.

It contains the following words:

cock
cunt
fag
rim-job

Few of my posts have been sensored. And only very few of those did I think they should’ve left it alone and let it go through.

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
Ive been moderated once but the important thing was that the Mod PM’ed me and explained WHY he’d done so.
[/quote]

Yeah, they’re very good about that.

Let’s leave this fucking place like it fucking is!

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Let’s leave this fucking place like it fucking is! [/quote]

Hell lets see if we can do any better… a little less political correct, a little more T.

I bet a warning sign comes up whenever I make a post b/c I have been censored so many times. Hell I was kicked off the forums for a week once! And not in a tasteful manner either. I just came on and found I could not post or read the articles when logged in my account; but I could still read the articles if I was not logged in. A week later I received an email inviting me back explaning the reasoning behind the move.
I speak my mind and if can’t be spoken publicly I’ll just PM people.

Do I like it? Not really. The fact that I’ve spent enough money here and sold a ton of their products to other people should warrant that I’m not a troll or a saboteur. But in the same token it keeps some of the really bad shit off these boards. There has only been one instance where I received a solication via PM. That’s quite amazing.

I think sarcasm is rampant on this site and should be severely restricted. I think smart-asses should be banned as well. This should be strictly a training site for “toe-the-line” kind of people. Cursing and sexual innuendo should not be permitted, let alone pictures of scantily-clad ladies. Heck, in some pictures, if you save it to your hard drive and then zoom in to 800%, you can actually see spider legs sticking out of those thongs.

DB

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
Hello Mr Moderator, this is a test post.

It contains the following words:

cock
cunt
fag
rim-job[/quote]

WnnNNNNnnBC…see you gotta say it like Imus does, hold the “N” so its like a “nnnNNNNNNNNnnn”.

Let’s try it together, "WnnnnNNNBC.

my membership nearly came to an end because of certain censorship and the reasons for that censorship.

but instead of leaving or getting the boot from this site that i like i’ve decided to stay out of discussions inwhich i disagree with commonly held T-Nation views.

This site is WAY better than another I used to go on. If there’s a phrase or word that I don’t like, I’m adult enough to get over it. The other site’s admin would get pissed off if you used the word “retarded” in any context. And everyone had a bug up their ass about SOMETHING.

This place is definitely not bad about modding. The only thing I’ve ever been irritated about was posts regarding other protein powders. My kids have major allergies - they can’t have Grow! like my husband and I can. So we use another brand. I just can’t say what brand. :slight_smile: That said, I do understand why they wouldn’t want
competitor’s products mentioned.

[quote]The3toedSloth wrote:
In a vain attempt to come up with a more politically correct term for ‘fag’…
[/quote]

It’s un-PC to call someone a cigarette?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
I think sarcasm is rampant on this site and should be severely restricted. I think smart-asses should be banned as well. This should be strictly a training site for “toe-the-line” kind of people. …

DB[/quote]

Well, then shit, you and I are gone.

I think the Mods do a great job here, even though they refuse to let me encourage certain members to kill themselves.

I don’t want the level of moderation increased, even though I see some posts that are completely unnecessary in my book. I don’t want it decreased either.

I think the Mods do a thankless task, and I think they do it very well.

I try not to use the term “fag”, simply because it lacks imagination. I think it is a lazy insult for dimwits and cousin-fuckers to use. I try to be more creative with my insults.

[quote]orion wrote:
Why not add “bitch” as a suffix?

You know orionbitch, rainjackbitch, vroombitch and so on?

Less confusing?[/quote]

slothbitch… I like it. Sounds like a band.

|/ 3Toes

Resistance-training is utile. You will be ass-imitated.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
wufwugy wrote:i’ve decided to stay out of discussions inwhich i disagree with commonly held T-Nation views.

Resistance-training is utile. You will be ass-imitated.[/quote]

man, i dont get that.

resistence is futile? you will be assimiliated? like the borg?

nephorm’s grand nerdiness is further unveiled.