Cellulitis

Glad to hear you’re on the mend. Frightening stuff.

It takes at least a week for the infection to clear up, sometimes two. Good luck rainjack.

Glad it is improving. You better throw away everything you injected yourself with to be safe.

Good to hear your coming around so quickly.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I had the injection at about 5:00PM on Thursday.

I spent most of the day yesterday following my wife around carrying the Christmas shopping - and my leg hurt like a son of a bitch.

We got home around 4:30 and I laid on the couch with my leg up. By 9:00, the swelling was about gone, and this morning there is very little pain, or swelling.

I have 2 weeks worth of antibiotics to take, but I think everything is going to be okay. [/quote]

That’s good news. It’s unnerving to do everything right and still have to deal with that. But like you said, (sh)it happens.

[quote]icecold wrote:
Glad it is improving. You better throw away everything you injected yourself with to be safe.[/quote]

It wasn’t what I injected. It was the fact that I injected. Period.

No sense in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

No sense in throwing the baby out with the bathwater. [/quote]

Wow, sorry to hear about all the BS. I’m curious about how soon you can start injecting again? Also, do you use delts, glutes, ventro-glutes etc…? I ask because I personally use the quads more than anywhere else and I am wondering if we share that habit and if I have put myself at greater risk as a result of it.

Hope you feel better.

Good to hear you’re OK, though I must say you’ve got me scared shitless of running this beautiful batch of Test-E and Mast-E I just brewed (thanks on the EO advice btw).

Just realized this thread…RJ that was a close call.

Glad to hear you’re ok and thanks for sharing with us “newbies” to seek medical attention as soon as something out of the ordinary happens.

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
rainjack wrote:

No sense in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Wow, sorry to hear about all the BS. I’m curious about how soon you can start injecting again? Also, do you use delts, glutes, ventro-glutes etc…? I ask because I personally use the quads more than anywhere else and I am wondering if we share that habit and if I have put myself at greater risk as a result of it.

Hope you feel better.[/quote]

I had a shot on Friday. No muss. No fuss.

I rotate: up the left side then up the right side glute, delt, quad in that order, and I never shoot the same muscle twice in a row.

Quads always cause me the most pain. I seem to hit a nerve about every third shot, and wind up mule kicking involuntarily. I hate quads, but they are a nice, big muscle so I use them.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

RJ, I'm curious as everyone has a different method. What do you do to find that sweet spot when you inject quads? I had done it with my leg kneecap up stretched out, slightly lateral from the 12 oclock position. I had been trying to stay away from the large piece of connective tissue that runs down the side of the leg, but still hit the vastus lateralis. 
      I had gotten some slight discomfort around the kneecap at the time too, after gravity had pulled the oil down a day or two post injection. Is this just a prop phenom, and will a longer ester have a lower chance of this happening?

Glad you posted this thread, it's very helpful to us newbs like myself.

ToneBone[/quote]

From all I’ve read, I almost think that shooting the quad is different from individual to individual. What I mean is, that even if two guys both shot using the same leg position and relaxation and location, one the the guys would be fine and the other dude would walk like Captain Ahab for the next few days.

I just sit on the couch, stretch my leg out, heel on the floor toes pointed up. and then shove it directly into the vastus lateralis. No pain, and usually just a tiny bit of tightness starting about 8 hours later which is gone by the next day. But a lot of other guys do this same thing and have massive pain. I don’t necessarily mean they hit a nerve, but perhaps there is a preponderance of nerves in that area, moreso for some people, and those nerves are put under pressure. Or something.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
RJ, I’m curious as everyone has a different method. What do you do to find that sweet spot when you inject quads? I had done it with my leg kneecap up stretched out, slightly lateral from the 12 oclock position. I had been trying to stay away from the large piece of connective tissue that runs down the side of the leg, but still hit the vastus lateralis.
I had gotten some slight discomfort around the kneecap at the time too, after gravity had pulled the oil down a day or two post injection. Is this just a prop phenom, and will a longer ester have a lower chance of this happening?

Glad you posted this thread, it's very helpful to us newbs like myself.

ToneBone[/quote]

I’m the last guy to be giving advice on the quad, so take it for what it is worth.

I sit on the side of the bed, and feel around on the outside of the thigh about 2/3 of the way up. My problem is staying relaxed. I have hit a nerve so many times, I am jumpy.

I think the key is just stay relaxed. But there are so many vessels and nerves in the thigh, that I think everyone will get the mule kicks sooner or later.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
It’s possible to get cellulitis without even breaking the skin apparently.

Bushy[/quote]

I have had it in my left lower leg (mainly shin) only thing I could think that might have set it off was a bruise on that shin, didnt break the skin though, oh and yes it hurts like hell!