Cellmass?

Hey guys, I have a question about cellmass or I guess creatine in general. I am trying to save money so I only take cellmass on training days even though it advises to take it on off days. I do take the recommended two servings right after the workout and 6-8 hours after that but I don’t take the off day serving. Am I shooting myself in the foot or am I not the only one who does this?

You should take it everyday. If you are tight on money go to Wal-Mart and get the Body Fortress creatine. It’s 8 bucks for 80 servings, can’t get much cheaper. Make sure you take it with some sugar drink…gatorade, maltodextrin, waxy maize, dextrose, sugar water, etc.

You really have to get things into perspective. If you’re short on cash then don’t buy supplements that (while containing products proven to work) arent proven to work to a efficient level relative to their cost or claim. I’m not a huge fan of walmart, or Body Fortress, but yeah that’s a fine option. An even better choice would be Biotest’s own line of creatine. Thirteen dollars for 100 servings. It comes from a reliable company and supports something you are a part of (T-Nation).

Good luck training.

I’m all for patronizing a great site and company such as Biotest. But, when you need to stretch a dollar and are trying to optimize your training…creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. I’m sure we can argue all day over brands, even over brands of green beans (green giant vs. del monte vs libby).

I wasn’t trying to be argumentative. There are a lot of people that don’t like to shop at walmart besides me, for many different reasons. I’d admit that creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. Is cellmass different? If nothing else it sure has a different price.

I like referring people to T-Nation’s store because of how much the site has done for me.

[quote]forkknifespoon wrote:
I wasn’t trying to be argumentative. There are a lot of people that don’t like to shop at walmart besides me, for many different reasons. I’d admit that creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. Is cellmass different? If nothing else it sure has a different price.

I like referring people to T-Nation’s store because of how much the site has done for me.[/quote]

didn’t you know? cellmass isn’t just monohydrate; it’s ester! This name change obviously denotes the exponentially greater gains you will see when taking said version of creatine.

I’m done being a dick. Stick to the monohydrate from wherever you feel like buying it. With creatine, it’s all about getting the cheapest price possible and making sure it’s “creatine monohydrate”.

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
didn’t you know? cellmass isn’t just monohydrate; it’s ester! This name change obviously denotes the exponentially greater gains you will see when taking said version of creatine.
[/quote]
OH! I had no idea… Stupid me…

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
I’m done being a dick.
[/quote]
Never say that!

Stop with the fancy creatine madness, please!

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1075898

500 grams for 12.99. At one scoop a day, you’re covered for nearly 1/3 of the year with one tub.

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question about cellmass or I guess creatine in general. I am trying to save money so I only take cellmass on training days even though it advises to take it on off days. I do take the recommended two servings right after the workout and 6-8 hours after that but I don’t take the off day serving. Am I shooting myself in the foot or am I not the only one who does this?[/quote]

You’re trying to save money, so you buy super-expensive snake oil creatine? Yes, you’re shooting yourself in the foot and you’re the only one who does this.

Well wait a minute, for loading it says to take 4-5 scoops a day! So really that only gets you 20 days. Would it be a good idea to load on it with one tub and then maintenance 1 scoop a day otherwise? I am relatively new to creatine if I seem like an idiot. What about the renal failure that occurs if you take it too much. 12 weeks on 4 weeks off seem about right? or does that only apply to the loading phase. Sorry for the multiple questions.

you don’t need to load.

Loading is something widely debated. If you consistently take creatine in the end it wont matter you will get the benefits, and on a budget you definitly wouldn’t want to load.

heres my plan, I will use the recommended 2 scoop a day cellmass I have now, take a few weeks off of creatine then just go into a maintenance mode of 1 scoop a day of Biotest creatine until i have hit the weight I am gunning for. Once I make the weight I intend to stop use of creatine. Really I am going to stop all supps once i am going to head into maintenance mode.

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
heres my plan, I will use the recommended 2 scoop a day cellmass I have now, take a few weeks off of creatine then just go into a maintenance mode of 1 scoop a day of Biotest creatine until i have hit the weight I am gunning for. Once I make the weight I intend to stop use of creatine. Really I am going to stop all supps once i am going to head into maintenance mode.[/quote]

Why? Most likely your creatine stores in your muscle will not have even reached baseline amounts during your time off, before you get back on again.

Simply switch over to Biotest’s Creatine Monohydrate when you use up your Cell-Mass.

Also, you inquired about renal failure in a previous post, and nobody guffawed about that yet.

YOU WILL NOT SUFFER RENAL FAILURE TAKING CREATINE, EVEN IN LARGE AMOUNTS.

Just wanted to put that issue to rest.

[quote]Big Bad Wolf wrote:
I’m all for patronizing a great site and company such as Biotest. But, when you need to stretch a dollar and are trying to optimize your training…creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. I’m sure we can argue all day over brands, even over brands of green beans (green giant vs. del monte vs libby). [/quote]

Creatine is creatine…in theory.

Biotest’s is German micronized creatine (made by real Germans!), the most pure stuff you can get. Because it’s micronized, it absorbs lickity split.

We’re able to sell it cheap because we sell it direct (there aren’t any middlemen).

Chances are, if you can find it at a regular store for anything close to what we’re charging, it’s coming from China.

Well I had always heard that you needed to cycle creatine. If I only take 1 scoop a day instead of 4-5 per day as somebody who was loading would do I would never need to worry about cycling correct?

I don’t cycle creatine, and I don’t know that anyone needs to.

There is really no need to cycle due to creatine takes up 1-2 months to fully deplete out of your system. Plus Cellmass is junk to the max look into the product that TC has recommended to you. I myself took Cellmass all it was good for was a container to put my spare change in to buy a better creatine.