Cell Phone Plan Comparison

This is for those in the US (sorry everyone else; y’all can still put your 2 cents in though)

I’m about to finish up my current 2-yr plan with AT&T and plan on doing a bit of research before getting a new phone & plan.

I’d like to hear from some of you about your current set up if you wouldn’t mind.

Company?
Plan details? (# min, # text, data package?)
Phone?
Typical Monthly Bill?

I have the option of getting an Iphone; which is what I want, but I’d like to compare it with other options. I know the phone is the sickest out there…but at a $200 price tag and about 100-110mo that’s about a $1200+ a year investment for the first year.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

[quote]B rocK wrote:
This is for those in the US (sorry everyone else; y’all can still put your 2 cents in though)

I’m about to finish up my current 2-yr plan with AT&T and plan on doing a bit of research before getting a new phone & plan.

I’d like to hear from some of you about your current set up if you wouldn’t mind.

Company?
Phone?
Typical Monthly Bill?

I have the option of getting an Iphone; which is what I want, but I’d like to compare it with other options. I know the phone is the sickest out there…but at a $200 price tag and about 100-110mo that’s about a $1200+ a year investment for the first year.

Thanks in advance for sharing![/quote]

Cricket
Unlimited Talk and Text, no internet access or roaming (these cost extra)
I found my phone in a parking lot, so it was free
Monthly Bill: about 55 bucks.

Texas baby. Represent.

Tracfone
$0.10/minute, $0.033/text.
LG flip phone
$8.00/month

I can’t stand talking on the phone. Most of my minutes are from texting.

[quote]B rocK wrote:

Company?
Phone?
Typical Monthly Bill?

[/quote]

I have an iPhone and it’s not as expensive as you say, unless you’re a big talker.

AT&T
450 mins, 1500 texts, unlimited data
iPhone
$160 (but this also includes a PC wireless card for unlimited internet)

otherwise it used to be about $85-90/month

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
B rocK wrote:

Company?
Phone?
Typical Monthly Bill?

I have an iPhone and it’s not as expensive as you say, unless you’re a big talker.

AT&T
450 mins, 1500 texts, unlimited data
iPhone
$160 (but this also includes a PC wireless card for unlimited internet)

otherwise it used to be about $85-90/month[/quote]

Thanks for the info man, I wanted to hear from someone w/ an iPhone.

So it’s about 90/mo for the phone and another 70 for the wireless card? (I ask b/c I’m gonna be getting a laptop probably)

[quote]B rocK wrote:

So it’s about 90/mo for the phone and another 70 for the wireless card? (I ask b/c I’m gonna be getting a laptop probably)[/quote]

what’s shitty IMO, is they tax you like $10-15 for the phone, then tax you another separate one for the laptop card each month, even though it’s on the same account.

$25-30 in taxes is ridiculous

[quote]B rocK wrote:

Company?
Phone?
Typical Monthly Bill?

Thanks in advance for sharing![/quote]

-AT&T
-450 min w/rollover ($40), 1500 text ($15), unlimited data ($30), roadside assistance ($3)
-iPhone
-$100/mo after taxes and fees

I fucking love my iPhone, except for not being able to text pics or video (very lame).

[quote]whereami wrote:

-AT&T
-450 min w/rollover ($40), 1500 text ($15), unlimited data ($30), roadside assistance ($3)
-iPhone
-$100/mo after taxes and fees

I fucking love my iPhone, except for not being able to text pics or video (very lame).[/quote]

same as me, and I never paid over $100 for that combo, weird.

I think it’s because my data and text were bundled together maybe

[quote]Itchy wrote:
B rocK wrote:

Company?
Phone?
Typical Monthly Bill?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Cricket
Unlimited Talk and Text, no internet access or roaming (these cost extra)
I found my phone in a parking lot, so it was free
Monthly Bill: about 55 bucks.

Texas baby. Represent.
[/quote]

They just rolled that company out in Philly and I was wondering about the service. They have MetroPCS which is like the same plan but there is no service anywhere outside of the Philadelphia area. I was wondering if Cricket was the same way.

Verizon
450 minutes, unlimited messaging, unlimited data
BlackBerry Storm
A little over $100 (with insurance, fees, and various whatnot)

If you stick with AT&T, fondle a Bold before getting the iPhone.