Celiac, Prob With Protein

Anybody know of any protein products that do not include wheat ingredients?

I just found out that I have a slight Celiac Disease allergen, and i need to go gluten-free. Every freaking protein I have taken over the years have some wheat ingredients.

I need some help here…thanks,
SP

I’m celiac and have been using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. As far as I can tell there are no wheat products (or gluten) in it.

If you need any more help with switching to a gluten free diet, please let me know. I’ve been doing it for just under a year, and still sorting out little bumps in the road here and there.

All the best.

Crazzie,
I appreciate the help.

I just went through all the testing, and ends up that it is not full blown celiac, but it can certainly get worse if I do not attend to it now. My maternal GF had it, and I am following in his footsteps.

I dont eat too many carbs as is, so I dont think that will be too hard, but the whole eating out, pizza, etc, may be tough.

What are some do’s and dont’s you live by? I have about 300 pages of foods, lists, etc…but what are your thoughts.

SP

Hey,

My girlfriend has celiac and I found a specifically gluten free protein for her. It’s made by Biochem Nutrition and tastes pretty good. It’s not very dense, so you’ll probably need to double the servings, but it’s not bad.

Also, if you like pasta, hands down the best GF pasta is made by a company called Tinkyada.

pure whey, it just has the 1 ingredient