Celebrity Endorsements...

They are a joke.

But I was intrigued to see a link in my local paper with photos of celebrity endorsers. This is what was presented:

Obama/Biden
Luke Perry (You what? Scraping the barrell of celebrity here)
John Legend (meh)
Eva Longoria
Adam Garcia
Deidre Hall (from Days of our Lives apparently)
Particia Arquette (I have been in love with her since True Romance)
Rosario Dawson
Bruce Springsteen (now we’re talking)
Spike Lee

McCain/Palin
Hank Williams Jr (?)

Can anyone else spot a slight asymetry here? Is this just the big liberal media not giving coverage to Repub endorsers? Or, do they just not exist? I can think of loads more ‘celebrity’ dem endorsers DeNiro, Pitt, Damon, Affleck, Nicholson…blah blah blah. What’s going on here? Do casting agents check your party affiliations before giving you a big break in Hollywood or something?

lol

Dude Luke Perry? Come on, his opinion on pot laws, ok, on president, WTF?

Particia is hot even now on that stupid TV show my wife watches, even though she put on a few pounds.

If this is the reason someone is going to vote for one of the two fools, then they have no right to vote. That is not an informed choice.

Luke Perry? Come on, at least get someone with talent to top the list. Jesus, what has he even done after that awful zip code show?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
lol
Luke Perry? Come on, at least get someone with talent to top the list. Jesus, what has he even done after that awful zip code show?[/quote]

He got shot out of a canon on the Simpsons, but I bet that wasn’t even him, they probably used a stunt double.

ha ha

Mccain has more endoresments than that, but of course the media will not dwell on those. Mccain has Schwarzenagger, Stallone, Tom Selleck, Rip Torn, i think Chuck Norris does too, the NRA, Bush. Obama has his share of A-listers, and unfortunately, though not surprisingly, he’s got Oprah telling everyone to vote for him (and of course her word is law to her followers) but he’s got a lot of has-beens that are trying to get back into the spotlight again so they can be “cool” cause they support our “savior”. Personally, i could care less who endorses who, it doesn’t influence me one bit.

Aside from Oprah, I don’t think celebrity endorsement are particularly helpful. If anything, they are probably harmful.

These celebrities have way too much baggage. Who wants to be associated with some psychotic idiot like Madonna?

Or fallen teen queen, drug addict, muff diver (not that there’s anything wrong with that) like Lindsay Lohan.

[quote]jayski wrote:
Mccain has Schwarzenagger, Stallone, Tom Selleck, Rip Torn, i think Chuck Norris does too, [/quote]

All much better than stupid Luke Perry.

Well maybe not Rip Torn

does Tom still have the stash?

Rip Torn at least has a cooler name though.