T Nation

CEE vs Monohydrate : CEE OK?

Hi,

I have read the latest articles and infos on creatine. I understand that other than plain monohydrate creatine would be useless.

But from what I read CEE would be OK. Considering the fact that from the store I buy creatine : CEE is about half cheaper than monohydrate. Would it be OK to buy CEE then?

Note : I live in Canada and cannot afford to buy creatine on T-Nation.com

Mono should be way cheaper, try a different store.

By the way,

Just for your information, It is from true protein…

There’s a good discussion about it here: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=768093

Hi dave,

I read all that stuff before posting my question. But the thing is, if you can buy CEE at a cheaper price than monohydrate ; would it be ok then to buy CEE? (In terms of effectiveness)

Thanks for help.

It isn’t cheaper.
If you look closely/carefully, the price for monohydrate is per pound, and for ethyl ester is per 100 grams, which would make monohydrate about half as much.

CEE is far superior to monohydrate, IMO. Better absorption, less bloating, no muscle less cramping.

[quote]Nickflex wrote:
CEE is far superior to monohydrate, IMO. Better absorption, less bloating, no muscle less cramping. [/quote]

Few people get bloating to any degree with monohydrate. Even fewer get cramping. If you’re one of those select few, CEE is better. OR a weight-controlled athlete who can’t afford any increase in the body’s water balance at all.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

Few people get bloating to any degree with monohydrate. Even fewer get cramping. If you’re one of those select few, CEE is better. OR a weight-controlled athlete who can’t afford any increase in the body’s water balance at all.[/quote]

i agree with all this except the last part. If the CEE doesnt have you hold more intramuscular water well its not working. Creatine no matter the form should

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

Few people get bloating to any degree with monohydrate. Even fewer get cramping. If you’re one of those select few, CEE is better. OR a weight-controlled athlete who can’t afford any increase in the body’s water balance at all.

i agree with all this except the last part. If the CEE doesnt have you hold more intramuscular water well its not working. Creatine no matter the form should

Phill
[/quote]

I don’t think so. It’s one of it’s benefits, sure. But CEE still helps with ATP regeneration, strength, and explosiveness. For a wrestler or strict-weight controlled athlete, it can be a good option.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I don’t think so. It’s one of it’s benefits, sure. But CEE still helps with ATP regeneration, strength, and explosiveness. For a wrestler or strict-weight controlled athlete, it can be a good option.[/quote]

js, now we have to fight.
Unless there is significant intracellular water retention then there is no extra creatine, and subsequently none of the effects that you described.

Maybe we’re arguing different things.

BTW-No elbow strikes on the ground.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
I don’t think so. It’s one of it’s benefits, sure. But CEE still helps with ATP regeneration, strength, and explosiveness. For a wrestler or strict-weight controlled athlete, it can be a good option.

js, now we have to fight.
Unless there is significant intracellular water retention then there is no extra creatine, and subsequently none of the effects that you described.

Maybe we’re arguing different things.

BTW-No elbow strikes on the ground.[/quote]

Haha. Well, I don’t know. But people who take CEE seem to get performance benefits but don’t get the little jump in water weight when they start taking it.