Cedric McMillan - Winner of 2012 New York Pro

Just look at the fucking hams and triceps man…

Unreal! I just became a fan.

I saw pics after the show, and CEd just really brought it this year. I know he got a lot of flack last year, but at this show, everything just came together.

As far as the 212 judging,… well, I have no idea what the hell goes on with te judging sometimes. As much as I like Kevin English (always a friendly guy when I see him out at Bevs -lol), he seems to get a lot more gifts than any other current competitor (beating Flex Lewis last year?!). I wonder how much his having worked for who knows how many years behind the front desk as Steve and Bev’s gym plays into the politics of the IFBB where Steve is usually head judge.

S

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
Alright…I know there are many on these boards these days that don’t care about professional competitive bodybuilding. But for those out there who do (like me), I have to say, I am quite pleased bodybuilding judges made the absolute right choice at the NY Pro this year when they selected Cedric McMillan as the winner.

THIS is bodybuilding! Small waist, small joints, fullness of the muscle bellies…awesome! After the Branch fiascoes, finally…I mean finally…bodybuilding is getting back to aesthetics.

[/quote]

It was an awesome show - I went with Bricknyce and we had great seats - maybe 5th row or so. Some great physiques, English looked sick, Johnny Jackson with the biggest traps ever and Jose Raymond was thick as a house! And of course Ced looked unreal…just huge, with a great v taper…

Great show, lots of fun - plus bikini girls! : ) I’ll post up some pics that Brick took if I get a chance.

Buffd,

I completely agree in everything you said.

I agree what you said, I think Arnold became the yardstick for the tall sweeping proportions we highly praise as classic. Narrow hips don’t need overly huge legs to look big. Cedric does fall into that category but with today’s mass and conditioning. Also, I noticed his poses are more classic as well. He’s not overly opening his stance, or over-exaggerating poses to make himself appear larger (like that ugly Branch Warren does). He looks confident like a 300 year old tree in a hurricane.

Pics… and a short vid.

Vid…

Edit: Ok - for some reason the vid won’t post…

Jackson…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Pics… and a short vid. [/quote]

How about Steve K coming in third? I thought that was a great placing for the IFBB rookie. He looked great and he is possibly the nicest pro athlete I have ever met.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Pics… and a short vid. [/quote]

How about Steve K coming in third? I thought that was a great placing for the IFBB rookie. He looked great and he is possibly the nicest pro athlete I have ever met.[/quote]

Yea I thought he looked great.

Here’s some bikini girls for you guys…the blonde with the short hair was stunning - but didn’t even place.

Edit: This was the figure category…

And against my better judgement, here’s a shot of me and Brick in the lobby at the Tribeca Arts Center just before the show. Doing the Predator shake…lol…

And yes, before my “fans” point it out, I’m just a fat guy that likes to lift weights. : )

goddamn JOJ is looking better and better. insane chest

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
And against my better judgement, here’s a shot of me and Brick in the lobby at the Tribeca Arts Center just before the show. Doing the Predator shake…lol…

And yes, before my “fans” point it out, I’m just a fat guy that likes to lift weights. : ) [/quote]

Brick looks like a used car salesman…or a guy who’s gonna sell something that doesn’t work and then disappear

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

And yes, before my “fans” point it out, I’m just a fat guy that likes to lift weights. : ) [/quote]

Brick looks like a used car salesman…or a guy who’s gonna sell something that doesn’t work and then disappear[/quote]

Ha ha…actually I think he’s just laughing hysterically at the “Predator” handshake! Lol - twas a great time though - lots of fun. We saw Steve Blechman in the audience, George Farah was standing right next to me at one point, Dennis James was roaming around the crowd and I also saw Ron Harris.

Oh and that “Clueless Competitor” guy was arguing with the guys taking tickets as we walked in. Not to mention a bunch of jacked dudes all over the place.

We ate at a diner in Tribeca after the show and like, every single person in there was either one of the competitors or at least a lifter. I think the place ran out of food!!

I have no idea how the hell English beat Sami or Jose in the 212s. Also, Cedric’s lat spread is ridiculous.

No pics of English?

That guy has gotten up 270lbs in the off season. He is also nearly 20lbs heavier on stage than he is at weigh in…so LOL @ “212”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No pics of English?

That guy has gotten up 270lbs in the off season. He is also nearly 20lbs heavier on stage than he is at weigh in…so LOL @ “212”.[/quote]

Brick took a shitload of pics and vids but hasn’t put them all up on FB yet. When he does I’ll post more - and I’m sure he has pics or vid of English.

Lemme tell you - that guy looked amazing in person the other night - I know there’s a shit-ton of KE hate (over at the MD boards it’s unreal) but he looked thick as hell and had damn good shape. I also know people hate on him because they think that he gets a pass from SW and Bev…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No pics of English?

That guy has gotten up 270lbs in the off season. He is also nearly 20lbs heavier on stage than he is at weigh in…so LOL @ “212”.[/quote]
Not a fan of that stomach…

Kevin English looked like total crap, he should not have won. Super impressed with Cedric.

You should not be winning a pro show with a back lack this, especially with Sami and Jose in the line up.The rest of his physique is just as weird. He has huge arms and is wide, but does not have a first place physique. He got a gift.