Cedric McMillan - Winner of 2012 New York Pro

Alright…I know there are many on these boards these days that don’t care about professional competitive bodybuilding. But for those out there who do (like me), I have to say, I am quite pleased bodybuilding judges made the absolute right choice at the NY Pro this year when they selected Cedric McMillan as the winner.

THIS is bodybuilding! Small waist, small joints, fullness of the muscle bellies…awesome! After the Branch fiascoes, finally…I mean finally…bodybuilding is getting back to aesthetics.

Thanks for posting.

Insane size.

Made a boo-boo by linking to another site with the pictures.
Will add in pictures later (or others can post them from that contest).
Cedric sort of reminds me of Arnold’s physique for some reason…just with a smaller waist. Perhaps it is his height? Longer limbs give the physique an awesome sweeping look.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
THIS is bodybuilding! Small waist, small joints, fullness of the muscle bellies…awesome! After the Branch fiascoes, finally…I mean finally…bodybuilding is getting back to aesthetics.

[/quote]

Sure… but, beyond all that, Ced is one big ass mo-fo.

Yeah, I just called him “Ced”.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

Sure… but, beyond all that, Ced is one big ass mo-fo.[/quote]

Yes sir…he is. Man, the comparison shots with the other competitors look funny. His height and size make everyone else look like compressed little kids.

Those triceps don’t make sense.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Those triceps don’t make sense.[/quote]

My man, they do not indeed.
Check this side chest pose:

WTF FOREARMS???

Back double biceps:

Transition to the most muscular:

Some will say he needs alot more calves…or his legs are way too small.
I don’t. I think these proportions are perfect.
Small waist and hips coupled with the wide shoulders give that illusion of sheer impressiveness. If I seem to be amazed at all this its because I’ve been waiting for Cedric to pull it together…and he has! Besides Aaron Curry (who I am also waiting to pull it together as he has great great shape as well…another definition of what I think bodybuilding (competitive) should be), I think Cedric has got to be my favorite competitor now.

Also, I’ve seen recent footage of Gary Strydom (remember him?)…guy is in his 50’s and looks fantastic! Again, its that tall, long limb, small waist look that is so different than alot of competitors these days.

That dude is Mr. Olympia material.

its his smile that does it for me, just makes him look that much more awesome. I do have to say he could add more size to the calves contrary to the above but they do not break his physique at all.

[quote]bignate wrote:
its his smile that does it for me, just makes him look that much more awesome.[/quote]

It looks like he’s always seeing some chick out in the audience and thinking “Dat Ass…”

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:
its his smile that does it for me, just makes him look that much more awesome.[/quote]

It looks like he’s always seeing some chick out in the audience and thinking “Dat Ass…”
[/quote]

QFT, my thoughts exactly.

fuckin’ tank.

Alright…I know there are many on these boards these days that don’t care about professional competitive bodybuilding. But for those out there who do (like me), I have to say, I am quite pleased bodybuilding judges made the absolute right choice at the NY Pro this year when they selected Cedric McMillan as the winner.

[/quote]

What did you make of the 212 results?

Some will say he needs alot more calves…or his legs are way too small.
I don’t. I think these proportions are perfect.
Small waist and hips coupled with the wide shoulders give that illusion of sheer impressiveness.[/quote]
Completely agree. Bigger calves would, IMO, make him look better but it’s just not in the cards for him.

I just don’t see how guys like Cutler look good aesthetically compared to Mcmillan, Heath etc. Massive and shredded, yeah but with how thick his waist and core has become is unappealing (again, IMO).

And they say DC doesn’t work.