CBS: The War of The Races

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
knewsom wrote:
you guys are total idiots - this is about one thing and one thign only. RATINGS.

This season of Survivor is going to have FAR higher ratings than the last few seasons, and WHY? Because it’s fucking controversial. That’s why they did this, not because they’re racists.

If the producers of this show went out of their way to reinforce negative stereotypes, then THAT would certianly be racist, but consider that they might use this opportunity to blow those stereotypes out of the water.

The other positive thing about this is that it’s going to get millions upon millions of people talking about racism in a whole new way - just the ANNOUNCEMENT of this by CBS has already sparked countless debates. …and I for one, am a total supporter of discussing things like this in open forum - should be an interesting season… I really want to see how the participants of the show react.

If Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter produced the show, would you be saying all this? Uh…let me guess…

[/quote]

Ann Coulter is a raving loon who only gets air play because some of you jack off to mental images of random blondes whether they actually look good or not or have flat asses and runaway teeth. If she was ever allowed to produce something like this, it would only be for more air time so she can continue to shop who humorless schtick that actually gets swallowed as truthful sermons by some of you dumbasses who actually pay attention to her.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Ann Coulter is a raving loon who only gets air play because some of you jack off to mental images of random blondes whether they actually look good or not or have flat asses and runaway teeth. If she was ever allowed to produce something like this, it would only be for more air time so she can continue to shop who humorless schtick that actually gets swallowed as truthful sermons by some of you dumbasses who actually pay attention to her.[/quote]

No football tonight, so here I am…alas…

If a conservative produced a show like this, every and I mean every, lib would be ready to march on that person’s home, pound on his/her car, and call them every name imaginable…and you know it, Prof.

And, nah, she’s too skinny for my taste. Anorexic is not my thing. If unmarried, I’d probably hit it though.

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Ann Coulter is a raving loon who only gets air play because some of you jack off to mental images of random blondes whether they actually look good or not or have flat asses and runaway teeth. If she was ever allowed to produce something like this, it would only be for more air time so she can continue to shop who humorless schtick that actually gets swallowed as truthful sermons by some of you dumbasses who actually pay attention to her.

No football tonight, so here I am…alas…

If a conservative produced a show like this, every and I mean every, lib would be ready to march on that person’s home, pound on his/her car, and call them every name imaginable…and you know it, Prof.

And, nah, she’s too skinny for my taste. Anorexic is not my thing. If unmarried, I’d probably hit it though.

HH

[/quote]

In case you haven’t noticed, people ARE protesting this, you dingbat!

It’s not like CBS execs are famous among the media for being exceptionally liberal, unlike Coulter, so your analogy is as bunk as Coulter’s so called “facts”.

Seriously, it’s not like us liberals are all “yay major television networks!” - we seldom praise ANY major corporation, in case you haven’t noticed. This was simply a publicity stunt, and it fucking WORKED. Get over it.

[quote]knewsom wrote:

In case you haven’t noticed, people ARE protesting this, you dingbat!

It’s not like CBS execs are famous among the media for being exceptionally liberal, unlike Coulter, so your analogy is as bunk as Coulter’s so called “facts”.

Seriously, it’s not like us liberals are all “yay major television networks!” - we seldom praise ANY major corporation, in case you haven’t noticed. This was simply a publicity stunt, and it fucking WORKED. Get over it.

[/quote]

Your BBC link seems to confirm what I said. Even some libs are calling CBS rascist. And anyone who denies that libs aren’t major players at CBS and all MSM is in denial. Look at Doogie’s links.

I can’t do Youtube; browser is from 2000. But you should realize that, just like with the Bible in another thread, if you want an audience, you’ve got to attract them. Ann says the truth in inflammatory ways to get an audience and piss off you libs. It works.

HH

I’ve been seeing and reading all about the next Survivor all over the place. They’re even talked about in the french media here.

Whoever came up with the idea for the season’s theme is a marketing genius.

I also don’t get why all the wingnuts are up in arms about this, they’re usually the ones denouncing this or that for “being PC.” This sure as hell isn’t PC and you still don’t like it? Is there any way at all to please you guys?

[quote]pookie wrote:
I’ve been seeing and reading all about the next Survivor all over the place. They’re even talked about in the french media here.

I also don’t get why all the wingnuts are up in arms about this, they’re usually the ones denouncing this or that for “being PC.” This sure as hell isn’t PC and you still don’t like it? Is there any way at all to please you guys?[/quote]

Damned good point.

[quote]pookie wrote:

I also don’t get why all the wingnuts are up in arms about this, they’re usually the ones denouncing this or that for “being PC.” This sure as hell isn’t PC and you still don’t like it? Is there any way at all to please you guys?[/quote]

I think only HH is worked up over it. I think it is kind of funny. It would be really funny if they played into every imaginable stereotype.

Driving contests to make the Asians look bad.

Swimming to make the Blacks look bad.

Dancing to make the Honkeys look bad.

And so on…

pookie wrote:

I also don’t get why all the wingnuts are up in arms about this, they’re usually the ones denouncing this or that for “being PC.” This sure as hell isn’t PC and you still don’t like it? Is there any way at all to please you guys?

Damned good point.[/quote]

You’ve responded twice in my ‘wake of destruction’.

Since you are a black man, how will you react when they have a watermelon eating contest, or ‘Okay guys, let’s see who can eat the most fried chicken and chittlins!’ contest? I honestly thought that you’d be somewhat up-in-arms when you saw what CBS was doing.

BTW, Prof. Did you like the quote from President LBJ that I found? “I’ll have those n###ers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!” Or did you miss that in my ‘wake of destruction’?

[quote]doogie wrote:
pookie wrote:

I think only HH is worked up over it. I think it is kind of funny. It would be really funny if they played into every imaginable stereotype.

Driving contests to make the Asians look bad.

Swimming to make the Blacks look bad.

Dancing to make the Honkeys look bad.

And so on…[/quote]

Yeah, maybe I am out of the loop on this one. If people want to chuckle over racial stereotyping and such stuff, who am I to object? In fact, let’s put Joel Grey dancing on stage with a person in an ape suit, he can pretend its his girlfriend, then finish by saying, “She doesn’t look Jewish at all!” How cool is that?

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
pookie wrote:

Damned good point.

You’ve responded twice in my ‘wake of destruction’.

Since you are a black man, how will you react when they have a watermelon eating contest, or ‘Okay guys, let’s see who can eat the most fried chicken and chittlins!’ contest? I honestly thought that you’d be somewhat up-in-arms when you saw what CBS was doing.

BTW, Prof. Did you like the quote from President LBJ that I found? “I’ll have those n###ers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!” Or did you miss that in my ‘wake of destruction’?

[/quote]

I just bought a seedless watermelon this morning. It cost me $3.99 at Publix. I came home, sliced it, cut it into small pieces and stored it in my fridge right next to some grapes, oranges and already mixed protein shakes.

No one on the planet is truly dumb enough to be influenced by some show like that. If anything, racists are simply looking for more resources to confirm their already deeply entrenched hatred. The thought was already there. To tell the truth, the only people that I truly can’t stand, are those who pretend they aren’t racist in public while they go home and let stereotypes and slurs fly loosely. Why would I be up in arms when I barely even watch television? Should this bother me more than Greg Valentino’s “documentary” describing bodybuilding as deranged?

I learn more and more with each passing day that the general media is not worth my attention save for shows I actually do like such as CSI or Lost.

You can continue to pretend as if this truly bothers you or that you truly feel “liberals” are the cause of racism in this country. This one black man has lived long enough to know that it isn’t that simple and my true enemy is often smiling right in my face.

Your posts are simply irritating because you seem to post only to evoke some emotional response for disturbing behavior. Someone more talented could get people to think without the major theatrics or the blame game. Why not just be ‘real’? Is anyone really falling for that crap?

I just bought a seedless watermelon this morning. It cost me $3.99 at Publix. I came home, sliced it, cut it into small pieces and stored it in my fridge right next to some grapes, oranges and already mixed protein shakes.

No one on the planet is truly dumb enough to be influenced by some show like that. If anything, racists are simply looking for more resources to confirm their already deeply entrenched hatred. The thought was already there. To tell the truth, the only people that I truly can’t stand, are those who pretend they aren’t racist in public while they go home and let stereotypes and slurs fly loosely. Why would I be up in arms when I barely even watch television? Should this bother me more than Greg Valentino’s “documentary” describing bodybuilding as deranged?

I learn more and more with each passing day that the general media is not worth my attention save for shows I actually do like such as CSI or Lost.

You can continue to pretend as if this truly bothers you or that you truly feel “liberals” are the cause of racism in this country. This one black man has lived long enough to know that it isn’t that simple and my true enemy is often smiling right in my face.

Your posts are simply irritating because you seem to post only to evoke some emotional response for disturbing behavior. Someone more talented could get people to think without the major theatrics or the blame game. Why not just be ‘real’? Is anyone really falling for that crap?[/quote]

Well, Prof, everyone laughed off Hitler as a joke…“Who’d believe anything that moron says?”. Next stop, the gas chamber.

I want to rid the country of rascism, at least do what little I can to get this blight off of our souls. LBJ, the ultimate social lib, was a lying hypocrit who created programs that decimated black families. The libs that followed him continue with the same stuff, all in the alleged name of equality. Do you really think that government programs are an answer to our problems? We’ve had these for at least 40 years. Where’s the good results? Is crime lower in the black community? Drug use down?

Now, a MSM is making money off of this same old shit. Who runs MSM? A bunch of libs (see Doogie’s links). That’s what you call pretending?

I know…I know…you think I’m psychotic. Hmmm…a psycho that wants to end all this rascist shit. Pretty psychotic, huh?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Your posts are simply irritating because you seem to post only to evoke some emotional response for disturbing behavior. Someone more talented could get people to think without the major theatrics or the blame game. Why not just be ‘real’? Is anyone really falling for that crap?

Well, Prof, everyone laughed off Hitler as a joke…“Who’d believe anything that moron says?”. Next stop, the gas chamber.

I want to rid the country of rascism, at least do what little I can to get this blight off of our souls. LBJ, the ultimate social lib, was a lying hypocrit who created programs that decimated black families. The libs that followed him continue with the same stuff, all in the alleged name of equality. Do you really think that government programs are an answer to our problems? We’ve had these for at least 40 years. Where’s the good results? Is crime lower in the black community? Drug use down?

Now, a MSM is making money off of this same old shit. Who runs MSM? A bunch of libs (see Doogie’s links). That’s what you call pretending?

I know…I know…you think I’m psychotic. Hmmm…a psycho that wants to end all this rascist shit. Pretty psychotic, huh?

[/quote]

I don’t think you are psychotic at all. I think you are delusional. I think you have a flat view of the world around you and I am pretty damn sure you have never played dominoes at a table full of black men with hip-hop music playing in the background, Black&Mild’s in the air when the honesty comes out.

You don’t even understand the very culture you claim to know so well. How could you possibly “get” the true problems or the cause of them? Anyone who would blame LBJ for the problems in the black community is either blind, overly priviledged, or downright stupid. Take your pick.

I don’t think you are psychotic at all. I think you are delusional. I think you have a flat view of the world around you and I am pretty damn sure you have never played dominoes at a table full of black men with hip-hop music playing in the background, Black&Mild’s in the air when the honesty comes out.

You don’t even understand the very culture you claim to know so well. How could you possibly “get” the true problems or the cause of them? Anyone who would blame LBJ for the problems in the black community is either blind, overly priviledged, or downright stupid. Take your pick.[/quote]

I thought black people here are Americans, Prof. Aren’t they part of that culture?

Okay, Prof, you win. I’m all 3 — blind, overly privileged, and downright stupid. I therefore won’t see any rascism around me, will feel too privileged to change the rascist society that grants me my privileges because I’m ‘whitey’, and will be too stupid to help you as you are loaded into a cattle car, headed for ‘resettlement’.

Headhunter

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You don’t even understand the very culture you claim to know so well. How could you possibly “get” the true problems or the cause of them? Anyone who would blame LBJ for the problems in the black community is either blind, overly priviledged, or downright stupid. Take your pick.

I thought black people here are Americans, Prof. Aren’t they part of that culture?

Okay, Prof, you win. I’m all 3 — blind, overly privileged, and downright stupid. I therefore won’t see any rascism around me, will feel too privileged to change the rascist society that grants me my privileges because I’m ‘whitey’, and will be too stupid to help you as you are loaded into a cattle car, headed for ‘resettlement’.

Headhunter

[/quote]

Why do you think I need your help? What happens if you need mine?

Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Headhunter

Why do you think I need your help? What happens if you need mine?[/quote]

Societies like to make minorities scapegoats — Jews, Kurds, Christians, you name it. Last time I looked, black people are an easily identifiable minority in this country. Someday, if things turn out badly for our bankrupt country, who do you think will be blamed? The wealthy, the aristocratic, the powerful? Hah!! Maybe…black people?

I know that you would never help me under any circumstances, Prof, but I would do anything in my power to help you under such evil circumstances.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Societies like to make minorities scapegoats — Jews, Kurds, Christians, you name it. Last time I looked, black people are an easily identifiable minority in this country. Someday, if things turn out badly for our bankrupt country, who do you think will be blamed? The wealthy, the aristocratic, the powerful? Hah!! Maybe…black people?

I know that you would never help me under any circumstances, Prof, but I would do anything in my power to help you under such evil circumstances.

[/quote]

If things turn out badly? How would an entire singular race of people be blamed if our society becomes less than it is now? If a ship sinks, you blame the passengers? If you are the majority, then you are at fault. How did you manage to even type this in a way that not only gives you social superiority, but ensures that should the majority screw up, the blame falls on the minorities? Hell, not just ANY minorities, but just the black ones. You honestly think this way, don’t you? Yet, you don’t see that as racist at all, do you? Of course not.

Headhunter wrote:

If things turn out badly? How would an entire singular race of people be blamed if our society becomes less than it is now? If a ship sinks, you blame the passengers? If you are the majority, then you are at fault. How did you manage to even type this in a way that not only gives you social superiority, but ensures that should the majority screw up, the blame falls on the minorities? Hell, not just ANY minorities, but just the black ones. You honestly think this way, don’t you? Yet, you don’t see that as racist at all, do you? Of course not.[/quote]

ACTUALLY… the minority that is going to be (and is already) suffering the blame for our economic failings (which will get worse as the cost of oil continues to increase), are Latinos, not Blacks. I think my reasoning behind this conclusion is obvious, but if you don’t follow me, let me know and I’ll spell it out.

HH, your constant use of LBJ as a representation of everythign that’s wrong with the Deomocratic party is getting tiresome. LBJ was a sonofabitch, and wasn’t even a REAL Democrat. It’s also been pointed out that doogie’s links are total crap in regards to the MSM. I’m telling you, as a MEMBER of the MSM, all we’re after is ratings - even the more political people I know are professional enough to not allow their politics into their work. Why are we so driven for ratings? It’s capitalism - we have to make more profit than the competition to attract more shareholders so that with continued investment, our companies can grow, and we can can put a nice award or accomplishment on our resume, then apply for a position with our competition, ask for nearly double the salary, and have good enough justification for it.

THAT is why people pull crazy stunts like this Survivor thing. It’s not because they’re Liberals or Conservatives, it’s not because they’re racists. It’s all about the fucking bottom line.

[quote]knewsom wrote:
It’s also been pointed out that doogie’s links are total crap in regards to the MSM. [/quote]

No evidence of its total crap-ness has been provided.

Headhunter wrote:

If things turn out badly? How would an entire singular race of people be blamed if our society becomes less than it is now? If a ship sinks, you blame the passengers? If you are the majority, then you are at fault. How did you manage to even type this in a way that not only gives you social superiority, but ensures that should the majority screw up, the blame falls on the minorities? Hell, not just ANY minorities, but just the black ones. You honestly think this way, don’t you? Yet, you don’t see that as racist at all, do you? Of course not.[/quote]

Didn’t the Germans do this to people of a different religion, post WWI? And, do you think that a majority is going to blame ITSELF? Now who’s being delusional?

Prof, are there no lengths to which you’ll go to try and prove me wrong? You’re wrong on this, plain and simple.

In your thread, I offered to stay out of your threads if you do likewise. Is it time to do this yet?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

If things turn out badly? How would an entire singular race of people be blamed if our society becomes less than it is now? If a ship sinks, you blame the passengers? If you are the majority, then you are at fault. How did you manage to even type this in a way that not only gives you social superiority, but ensures that should the majority screw up, the blame falls on the minorities? Hell, not just ANY minorities, but just the black ones. You honestly think this way, don’t you? Yet, you don’t see that as racist at all, do you? Of course not.

Didn’t the Germans do this to people of a different religion, post WWI? And, do you think that a majority is going to blame ITSELF? Now who’s being delusional?

Prof, are there no lengths to which you’ll go to try and prove me wrong? You’re wrong on this, plain and simple.

In your thread, I offered to stay out of your threads if you do likewise. Is it time to do this yet?

[/quote]

You didn’t write what you did due to some belief that you are helping to “save the black people”. You didn’t keep this in the context of “minorities”, but chose to focus in on only one race as a negative. If “blacks” get blamed for the progress of an entire country, that simply enforces what people have been saying since day one…that racism is alive and well just like it was hundreds of years ago. If Conservatives make up the “majority”, how do you label Liberals as racists? What you just wrote contradicts this.