CBS: The War of The Races

This’ll be a hit show! Play that race card, boys!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/23/earlyshow/series/survivor/main1926528.shtml

I know liberals are very rascist but this just beats everything! Does the board of directors at CBS burn crosses too?

Headhunter

BTW: There’s more about this on the Rush Limbaugh site.

I didn’t even know Surivior was still on TV. I guess this stunt proves that no one else did either.

Why is this more evidence that liberals are racist, rather than that this country as a whole still has some deeply racist tendencies that we’ve so far been unable or unwilling to work through (or even to acknowledge)? Are we really supposed to believe that everyone in charge of programming at CBS is a liberal?

[quote]WhiteCaesar wrote:
Why is this more evidence that liberals are racist, rather than that this country as a whole still has some deeply racist tendencies that we’ve so far been unable or unwilling to work through (or even to acknowledge)? Are we really supposed to believe that everyone in charge of programming at CBS is a liberal?[/quote]

The MSM is extremely liberal. A recent poll showed, for ex, that they overwhelming vote Democratic. I’ll hunt and find the poll. (Doogie?)

http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/biasbasics3.asp

http://www.polisci.ucla.edu/faculty/groseclose/Media.Bias.8.htm

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
This’ll be a hit show! Play that race card, boys!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/23/earlyshow/series/survivor/main1926528.shtml

I know liberals are very rascist but this just beats everything! Does the board of directors at CBS burn crosses too?

Headhunter

BTW: There’s more about this on the Rush Limbaugh site.[/quote]

There’s this thing they use in TV land, I believe they call it “ratings.”

I’ll look into it some more and get back to you.

It’s more about ratings than anything else.

They’re going to play upon stereotypes — such as ‘blacks can’t swim’ or ‘white men can’t jump’. Why feed that stuff? They are using race stereotypes to make money. I think that’s pathetic.

Stephen King anticipated this in his masterpiece ‘The Running Man’, which is actually a reality TV show in a nightmarish future. What’s next — Treadmill to Bucks’ (heart patients on a treadmill)? I think he had another couple in there as well.

Whenever you think of these libs, remember the immortal words of President Lyndon Johnson: “I’ll have those n*%$ers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!”

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
They’re going to play upon stereotypes — such as ‘blacks can’t swim’ or ‘white men can’t jump’. Why feed that stuff? They are using race stereotypes to make money. I think that’s pathetic.

Stephen King anticipated this in his masterpiece ‘The Running Man’, which is actually a reality TV show in a nightmarish future. What’s next — Treadmill to Bucks’ (heart patients on a treadmill)? I think he had another couple in there as well.

Whenever you think of these libs, remember the immortal words of President Lyndon Johnson: “I’ll have those n*%$ers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!”

HH[/quote]

Not only does this show reinforce racial stereotypes, but also the labels used to categorize people into racial groups. They use African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic, and White.

These terms in themselves are divisive and cause additional separation among the races.

African-American = (Should actually only apply to those born in Africa and are now US citizens).

Asian-American = (Should actually only apply to those born in Asia and are now US citizens)

Hispanic = (This is a made up term that is only political in nature. Should be Latin)

White = (Denotes a color, not a place of origin. And yet the term for Asians and Blacks above is by place of origin. Sounds racists to me!)

Ps - excellent post headhunter!

liberals are racist. but not in the way usually implied by the term. liberals are racist because they feel that certain minorities - primarily blacks - are inferior and need their help. this also leads to a lot of self-loathing among white liberals. this is primarily BECAUSE they are racist.

they feel bad for blacks just because they are black. therefore, they hate themselves for being white. of course this starts with the assumption that being black is a bad thing. most of this due to the fact that liberals have brain damage.

i mean, who else would believe that a guy who chopped up a family of five with a butter knife should live while marching on washington to keep abortion legal? brain damage. who else would believe that we should not put terrorists in prison, let all those religion-of-peacenicks out of guantanamo, while applauding idiot (i.e. liberal) judges who discontinue U.S. intelligence’s ability to listen to terrorists phone calls? who else would belive that the US bombed itself on 9/11?

who else would believe that every election that they don’t win is rigged? who else would believe that life was wine in roses in iraq before the U.S. rolled in? who else would belive that che guevara was a patriotic freedom fighter? brain damage, folks.

that’s why you just have to laugh at them and their silly little TV shows and stupid little movies. there is always some liberal screed buried just below the inept dialogue and rigged situations.

i mean. who else could watch a ballgame and say, ‘there are not enough blacks on the field’! guess what? the majors are racist. but if there are too many blacks. well…it’s racist too bacause then you are stereotyping blacks. see. liberals don’t view you as an individual. you are a stat.

the fact that you grew up and wanted to play football makes no difference. the fact that you play baseball because that’s the sport you dad played. MEANINGLESS! the numbers, folks! it says it right there! basball is racist!

wait…i think i got turned around. what was the question?

[quote]doogie wrote:

[/quote]

ROTHFLMFAO!

Both studies have not passed peer review and have fallen flat on their faces.

The only people that site those as examples are right wingnuts.

Congradulations!

You never disappoint.

Thanks HH for starting another hate fest.

Liberals are immature but I don’t buy into the racist card.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:

Not only does this show reinforce racial stereotypes, but also the labels used to categorize people into racial groups. They use African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic, and White.

These terms in themselves are divisive and cause additional separation among the races.

African-American = (Should actually only apply to those born in Africa and are now US citizens).

Asian-American = (Should actually only apply to those born in Asia and are now US citizens)

Hispanic = (This is a made up term that is only political in nature. Should be Latin)

White = (Denotes a color, not a place of origin. And yet the term for Asians and Blacks above is by place of origin. Sounds racists to me!)

[/quote]

I was born in Africa…in 3 years when I become a citizen call I call myself African American? Cos that would be cool.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
doogie wrote:

ROTHFLMFAO!

Both studies have not passed peer review and have fallen flat on their faces.

The only people that site those as examples are right wingnuts.

Congradulations!

You never disappoint.[/quote]

When did junior high AIM abbreviations become valid arguements?

[quote]Ren wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

I was born in Africa…in 3 years when I become a citizen call I call myself African American? Cos that would be cool.[/quote]

John Kerry’s wife did that. so I guess that you can too! :wink:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Ren wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

I was born in Africa…in 3 years when I become a citizen call I call myself African American? Cos that would be cool.

[/quote]

Yes, but because that would not be PC, he should plan on getting a lot of crap for doing so. But if it was me, I would do it in a heartbeat!

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Ren wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

Yes, but because that would not be PC, he should plan on getting a lot of crap for doing so. But if it was me, I would do it in a heartbeat!

[/quote]

All my friends already joke about it, the white “african american.”

Being an immigrant rocks.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Ren wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

All my friends already joke about it, the white “african american.”

Being an immigrant rocks.[/quote]

And of course you do realize that this means that anytime anything bad happens to you it is because you are being discriminated against as an African-American?

The Reninator, pulling the race card! I love it!

you guys are total idiots - this is about one thing and one thign only. RATINGS.

This season of Survivor is going to have FAR higher ratings than the last few seasons, and WHY? Because it’s fucking controversial. That’s why they did this, not because they’re racists.

If the producers of this show went out of their way to reinforce negative stereotypes, then THAT would certianly be racist, but consider that they might use this opportunity to blow those stereotypes out of the water.

The other positive thing about this is that it’s going to get millions upon millions of people talking about racism in a whole new way - just the ANNOUNCEMENT of this by CBS has already sparked countless debates. …and I for one, am a total supporter of discussing things like this in open forum - should be an interesting season… I really want to see how the participants of the show react.

[quote]knewsom wrote:
you guys are total idiots - this is about one thing and one thign only. RATINGS.

This season of Survivor is going to have FAR higher ratings than the last few seasons, and WHY? Because it’s fucking controversial. That’s why they did this, not because they’re racists.

If the producers of this show went out of their way to reinforce negative stereotypes, then THAT would certianly be racist, but consider that they might use this opportunity to blow those stereotypes out of the water.

The other positive thing about this is that it’s going to get millions upon millions of people talking about racism in a whole new way - just the ANNOUNCEMENT of this by CBS has already sparked countless debates. …and I for one, am a total supporter of discussing things like this in open forum - should be an interesting season… I really want to see how the participants of the show react.[/quote]

If Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter produced the show, would you be saying all this? Uh…let me guess…