Cavemans Diet?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
OP, just a heads up, you’re not going to get any positive feedback for a diet like this. I’ve been doing paleo diet for about a year now, and will typically keep it on the down low around here for that reason. I successfully bulked last fall as well, with a diet similar to this. I’ve never counted calories a day in my life either…it is very complicated if you want to be truly thorough about it. The most advanced machines in the world could not even calculate your metabolic expenditure in a day, so only pseudo-accurately measuring one side of that equation (cals in) seems of minimal value.

For some reason, if you mention a bulking diet with more than 50g fat/day and void of its morning oatmeal+whey and 300-400g of carbs people will get their panties in a twist around here. Not sure why yet, as there are many roads to the same destination. Just do what you’re going to do. If it works, good for you. If it doesn’t, good for you…you’ve learned something. Personally, that’s too low carb for even me. I’d probably cycle in some slightly higher carb days, and for christ’s sake, enjoy some damned fruit! You’re already at 9% body fat! Why are you so hard up on forcing your body into ketosis anyway? [/quote]

thank you for understanding and it is true all people do is criticize and say that i dont read articles like hello!!? if i didnt read articles i wouldnt even know half the things about this

anyway to answer your question i have always hated carbs even when i ate complex carbs like oatmeal and brown rice in moderate amounts ( 60 grams) i would just hate it and i would get tired very easily it didnt seem like it was helping me in the gym at all which is suprising and i jsut didnt like it i tried go on a high fat low carb like you see here and my energy levels went up dramatically i had better workouts and high testosterone as well those are the main reasons why and from the articles i read it seems more healthy than the traditional high carb diet

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Bigdick1000 wrote:
I didnt meen burn fat as in the fat my body has stored i meant as in the fat from the food and i meant if the vegetables would be used as fuel and not the fat

and MODOK just stop posting on this i always see you around this website just criticizing every thing which is why i think YOU are the troll not me… i’ve been reading the articles on this site and forums for over 3 years i just decided to make an acount to ask just 1 question but of course all the keyboard commanders have to hate… its pathedic[/quote]

BD1000 you only highlight how puerile and ignorant you are with such comments, and it is crystal clear that you haven’t read or understood anything on this website.

Shut your mouth, don’t treat some of the top members here with complete disrespect, and take some time read, comprehend, and implement the diets and strategies outlined in the countless threads and articles hosted on this website.[/quote]

Wait i get it now only the “top members” are allowed to treat people with disrespect nowww i get it thank you for helping me understand … proves how smart you really are

[quote]Lover95 wrote:

I just joined to make this question…anyway

I want to use a diet that is very healthy and a diet that humans ate millions of years ago (basicly the anabolic diet but more carbs from veggies and fruits?) so basically i want my body to run on fat for fuel but i still want to eat a very little amount of fruit (berries) but my question is will eating a large amount of vegetables interfere with my body using fat for fuel because of the carbs in them?

This is the diet i have been on for about a week now

meal 1 (pre workout)
10 cage-free organic whole eggs scrambled in virgin coconut oil
2 Flameout cap
3 tablespoons natural Peanut butter sandwich on 2 pieces of fake bread (0 calorie 0 carb bread made with all natural ingredients)

(2 hours after meal 1) pre 1 scoop MAG-10 /post 2 scoops MAG-10 (before i have MAG-10 i take 25 grams glutamine post wo to replenish glycogen)

meal 2
2 grassfed steaks ( dont know how much)
small amount of blueberries (10 -20)
1.5 cups raw broccoli with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons
1 Flameout

meal 3- same as meal 2 but take away blueberries and add 1 cup raw organic almonds

meal 4- 2 chicken breast with 2 tbspoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1 cup raw nuts
a shitload of celery (dont know how much)
1 Flameout
meal 5
same as meal 2

meal 6 before bed
5 whole eggs
2 scoops micellar casein w/ 1-2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1.5 cups raw broccoli w/ 1 tblespoon cold pressed olive oil
1 Flameout
if i get up in the middle of the night ill have a whey/micellar casein mix w/ peanut butter

Thats my diet ik this isn’t exactly the cavemans diet especially because of the massive amount of food but hopefully someone can answer my question about the carbs interfering with fat and also if this diet is unhealthy in anyway… Thank you

P.S Ik im going to get a lot of shit for not naming how much macro nutrients and calories are in this because im too lazy and for not finding out them and for not writing how many ounces of steak i just wrote 2 steaks and things like that so all the haters on this website keep it to yourself on this one because thats all i see on EVERY post… thanks
[/quote]

If you want to burn fat, why are you eating so much fatty food? A fat is the same thing as an oil.[/quote]

Not burn body fat but rather use the fat that im taking in from food for fuel instead of carbs

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Wait… Caveman’s diet?

He talks about it on page 3:

my question is will eating a large amount of vegetables interfere with my body using fat for fuel because of the carbs in them?[/quote]
Vegetables do not prevent people from burning fat. Period.

How much has your bodyweight changed this week?

How long do you plan on sticking with this practically no-carb plan before having a carb-up?

And on a related note…

If there’s a zero-calorie, zero-carb bread made with “all natural ingredients”, I’m a pretty ballerina.[/quote]
read carefully i never said vegetables dont burn fat i was asking if the carbs in the vegetables will be used for energy rather than fat from the foods and the fake bread is well i ran out so i dont know but the stuff in it is not badd

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
I am curious about the caveman sources of your fake bread, hydrolyzed casein, and anything called “cellucor”. I actually am kind of curious about this fake bread.

Carbs from veggies are going to have fairly negligible effect. There just aren’t enough. If you added up macros, you could compare grams of carbs in the vegetables vs the carbs in berries.

In conclusion, I think you’re going to get fat.[/quote]

Why would i get fat from this?

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I didnt meen burn fat as in the fat my body has stored i meant as in the fat from the food and i meant if the vegetables would be used as fuel and not the fat

and MODOK just stop posting on this i always see you around this website just criticizing every thing which is why i think YOU are the troll not me… i’ve been reading the articles on this site and forums for over 3 years i just decided to make an acount to ask just 1 question but of course all the keyboard commanders have to hate… its pathedic[/quote]

BD1000 you only highlight how puerile and ignorant you are with such comments, and it is crystal clear that you haven’t read or understood anything on this website.

Shut your mouth, don’t treat some of the top members here with complete disrespect, and take some time read, comprehend, and implement the diets and strategies outlined in the countless threads and articles hosted on this website.[/quote]

Wait i get it now only the “top members” are allowed to treat people with disrespect nowww i get it thank you for helping me understand … proves how smart you really are
[/quote]

If only your willingness to read and learn could grow equal to your level of stupidity and foolishness.

[quote]Lover95 wrote:

If you want to burn fat, why are you eating so much fatty food? A fat is the same thing as an oil.[/quote]

Cool story bro!

Why would i get fat from this?[/quote]
It feels like too many calories.

And I still want to know about the fake bread. What’s it called? I’m just calling it Ballerina Bread in my mind, but I don’t think that will help me find it at the store.

read carefully i never said vegetables dont burn fat i was asking if the carbs in the vegetables will be used for energy rather than fat from the foods[/quote]
Read carefully. Your question was vague, but in any case, my answer still stands. Vegetables will not prevent you from burning fat. The answer is valid, but admittedly as vague as the question.

Read carefully. I asked two questions. Answering them will provide useful info.

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
I’m just calling it Ballerina Bread[/quote]
:slight_smile:

Bigdick1000 - Many languages, including the one you are writing in, use a period (.) to signify the end of a sentence / thought. These same languages also use a capital letter (A, B, C) to signify the first letter of the first word in a sentence / thought. Sentences should be discrete thoughts built around a noun and verb. Paragraphs / posts should follow a logical train of thought.

The grammar of your posts indicate that your are one of the following: a mother-f@#$%^& troll, semi-illiterate, or a non-native speaker. Both 2 and 3 are ok. Just understand that when you use that stream-of-conscious style in your posts you are very difficult to understand. Most people are not going to take the time to figure it out. They will dismiss you and mock you.

If you are sincere in your desire for knowledge, try to pay more attention to how you write. Yes writing sucks but to write better is to think better. It is a skill that will help you in many areas of your life - including bodybuilding.

And do take the mockery like a man. It’s part of the brotherhood dude.

[quote]ickabodd wrote:
Bigdick1000 - Many languages, including the one you are writing in, use a period (.) to signify the end of a sentence / thought. These same languages also use a capital letter (A, B, C) to signify the first letter of the first word in a sentence / thought. Sentences should be discrete thoughts built around a noun and verb. Paragraphs / posts should follow a logical train of thought.

The grammar of your posts indicate that your are one of the following: a mother-f@#$%^& troll, semi-illiterate, or a non-native speaker. Both 2 and 3 are ok. Just understand that when you use that stream-of-conscious style in your posts you are very difficult to understand. Most people are not going to take the time to figure it out. They will dismiss you and mock you.

If you are sincere in your desire for knowledge, try to pay more attention to how you write. Yes writing sucks but to write better is to think better. It is a skill that will help you in many areas of your life - including bodybuilding.

And do take the mockery like a man. It’s part of the brotherhood dude.[/quote]

But i love arguing with people!!.. jk yea you’re right though i am pretty retarded for not writing clearly i just thought people wouldn’t care obviously not

my question is will eating a large amount of vegetables interfere with my body using fat for fuel because of the carbs in them?
[/quote]

No. One large stalk of celery has less than 2 grams of carbs, and one of those grams is fiber (so it doesn’t even count). 1.5 cups of raw broccoli has 7 or 8 grams of carbs.

It’s not humanly possible to eat enough broccoli or celery to make you fat.

OP, since everyone is misreading your question about carbs from veggies “making you fat”, I’ll chime in with an answer to your actual question (if they will interfere with ketosis). To enter and maintain a true state of ketosis, I have read that you need to be eating around no more than 30g of carbs per day. See where your total carb count is from veggies and adjust from there.

[quote]Lover95 wrote:
Hahahah. By far the most ignorant thing I’ve read on Tnation yet in 2011. (Unless you’re joking of course…but either way I got a good laugh.)

[quote]MODOK wrote:
That sounds more like the Troll Diet than the Caveman Diet.

Do you have any good recipes for billy goat?[/quote]

ROFLMAO

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
OP, since everyone is misreading your question about carbs from veggies “making you fat”, I’ll chime in with an answer to your actual question (if they will interfere with ketosis). To enter and maintain a true state of ketosis, I have read that you need to be eating around no more than 30g of carbs per day. See where your total carb count is from veggies and adjust from there. [/quote]

Finally someone answered my question thank you

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
OP, since everyone is misreading your question about carbs from veggies “making you fat”, I’ll chime in with an answer to your actual question (if they will interfere with ketosis). To enter and maintain a true state of ketosis, I have read that you need to be eating around no more than 30g of carbs per day. See where your total carb count is from veggies and adjust from there. [/quote]

Finally someone answered my question thank you[/quote]
I swear the percentage of posters around here who actually read the entire OP before posting has got to be less than 1%. I pulled that number out of my ass, but you’ll see this bullshit alot.

Why is ketosis even a matter of concern? Not being in ketosis doesn’t equal fat gain, nor does it mean a halt to fat loss, depending on a person’s goal. You can lose a huge amount of fat by eating 80-100 grams of carbs per day. It’s all relative. You have to experiment.

To answer your question, the “Cavemans Diet” probably included a decent amount of carbs (fruits and starchy veggies), and that consumption was probably in a cyclical manner – that means “Caveman” ate more carbs when he could find them. Same with protein. But what does this have to do with anything?

6 steaks a day? Christ…I like it!

How much are you budgeting per day for this diet? I’ve got a fairly decent income and spend frivolously on a lot of things, but this sounds too pricey even for me!

Native american ate wild rice, which I guess is a fruit. Here’s videos of wild rice harvesting