Cavalier's Here

Went to doc today. Drew blood, will do tests and let me know what they think is wrong. One small thing. In the past, they’ve always had trouble finding a vein in my left arm, always go to right arm. This time she had no trouble jabbing me in the left. Does this mean my workouts are starting to get some slight definition in my arms? I’ll take it.

Deads (lbs)
115 x 8
135 x 6
165 x 4
195 x 3
225 x 1
Ow. Didn’t hurt anything, but sore.

In past, my top dead was 275 at a meet. Once did 315 rack pull. However, was 30 lbs heavier then. Much of that weight had to be blubber. If this means I’ve leaned up, I’ll take it.

Pullups
Getting just a teensy bit easier, yah

Continue doing wrist curls and reverse wrist in Rocket arm curl. I’m not aiming for biceps (okay, maybe a little) but really want to work grip. Seem to be doing slightly better weights than a month ago.

4 Likes

Progress!

1 Like

Squat day (pounds)
95 x 8
115 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 3 okay, these got low I was sure I had the strength, just had to convince myself I could

Bench
65 x 8
95 x 6
125 x 3
105 x 5

Dips
that’s more dips than I’ve done before, and yes they got low

some machine shoulder
some tricep machine

4 Likes

So changing routine. Got two classes for autumn, so have to work around them. Will go to three days a week, but rotate the 4-way program I’ve been doing: two light of push and pull, two heavy of push pull.

Three days off to start routine, felt really refreshed. Heavy cable rows to build deadlift. Hamstring machine, more rows, wrist curls on arm curl machine.

2 Likes

Been having some problems with feet, bad enough to see doctor. She drew blood, took a stool sample, did tests, and said everything’s fine. But none of that had anything to do with my feet!! Geez, what is wrong with doctors??

Deadlift day, thought I’d pull back from a 225 single and do reps with lower but didn’t turn out too well

Deadlift
115 x 8
135 x 7
165 x 7
185 x 6
205 x 2 way too painful, had to stop
205 x 3 better, a little

Hamstring machine
Pullups
Arm curl machine

had to call it quits, feet aching up, way too stressful

2 Likes

Heavy push day today. Well, that’s relative; heavy but with enough reps to spark growth.

Squat
95 x 8
115 x 7
135 x 8
so far, so good
145 x 5
hard, form was tough

Bench
105 x 8 near failure
100 x 7 ditto
95 x 6

Dip

some shoulder machine

2 Likes

I was wondering how things were going. Are your feet still bothering you?

1 Like

Feet still not perfect, but not as bad. Thinking that stress exacerbated the problem. I guess I have to call them to set an appt, thought they would call me, but getting busy. School’s started, so got a lot to worry abut. Did some light deads / rows / bicep stuff yesterday, felt good.

3 Likes

When mine start aching I wrap my feet with some coban from Tracto Supply while I am.lifting. It’s cheap enough in the horse section.

2 Likes

They don’t hurt when I lift. Also, shoes are snug enough that I can’t squeeze anything more around feet.

1 Like

Okay. So car was busted for a week and just got a put together. Some other personal problems. So out of gym for a week. Went back today. Did pulls.

All deadlift stations in use so I grabbed the trap bar. Love the trap bar, but haven’t used it in ages. It weighs 35 lbs, so total weights:

125 x 10
145 x 8
175 x 7
215 x 4

Felt good, but last set pretty tough, can’t wait to go up in strength. Seems like I completely exhausted newbie gains, was doing fine for 2 or 3 months, then boom brick wall. Just like before. If my progress goes like several years ago could take a year to get deads into the mid 200’s.

hamstring machine
shrug machine - 140 lbs plates plus bar, surprising good
half pullups - actually got up to about 7 or 8
wrist/arm curls

3 Likes

Finally got back, pain in back subsided. Pull day.

Deadlift
135 x 10
175 x 8
205 x 5
205 x 5
175 x 6

hamstrings
shrug machine 140 lbs x 8
pullups
wrist/arm curls

2 Likes

Push day

Squat
95 x 10
115 x 8
135 x 4
155 - lousy. just a couple reps, no good form

Bench
115 x 3
115 x 3
115 x 3

conclusion: bench is going well, been doing lots of dips, shoulders, tris. But squat sucks because been doing very little. Gonna have to pile on more leg press, leg ext, anything.

3 Likes

Okay. So frustrated with no gains in either strength or body weight for the past several months.

Think I mentioned I have scoliosis of the spine. Ran across a web site on how to powerlift with scoliosis:

Actually turns out to be more of PL in general and the scoliosis seems mostly “find out what works for you”. Anyway, I fussed around. Big problem I seem to have is unbalanced development on lower back. Thick muscle on right side, big hole on left. What if I tried something weird?

So today was deadlift / pull day. Set up really light deads, 65 lbs to start. Then pushed right foot out in sumo position, and left foot close in regular. Totally off center. Then did the deads. Eureka!!! I could feel dormant muscles on left turning on. So kept going.

95 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 6

Decided to stop there, no idea if I’m going to have awful DOMS tomorrow or what. But man what a pump in my left side. Also, seemed less stressful than regular deads. Yeah, I know, super light weights, but still.

So did some hyper-extensions with a 10 lb plate. Then the pull machine. Seated with no chest support, works low back with lats. Quite a workout.

2 Likes

Nice job and keep it up.

Thanks.

So tried deadlifts with new stance.
95 x 8
135 x 8
165 x 6
185 x 6
205 x 5 good and hard
205 x 4 whoops, form got off, started losing grip

definitely gotta work on this, stance wants to shift

hamstring machine

shrug 160 lbs plus carriage x 5

bar curl 60 x 7 went well, ought to do more

row machine

2 Likes

Are you doing sumo?

1 Like

Kinda half and half. Right foot is out to sumo, left foot in like regular. I know, sounds bizarre, but fucking spine is just out of whack and trying to find something that will even out the stress. This way both erectors work evenly.

I’ve done regular before and sumo recently and really don’t see any difference in results.

2 Likes

So squat and bench day. fussing around with foot placement for squat, right foot out, left in, tweak hips so back muscles work evenly. Sort of.

Squat
bar x 8
65 x 8
95 x 6
115 x 6
so far, everything’s working just fine
135 x 5 tough, but good form
145 x 5
the first rep was tough, then realized I wasn’t pushing hips left enough. Pushed, and suddenly the next 4 were a piece of cake
145 x 5
okay, that was just tough

Bench
spine not a problem, push a little left is fine
65 x 8
95 x 8
115 x 4
115 x 4
yay, one more rep than last time.

some leg press, some tri pushdown

2 Likes