Catholics Against Rudy On Torture

http://catholicsagainstrudy.com/issues/torture/

[quote]gDollars37 wrote:
http://catholicsagainstrudy.com/issues/torture/[/quote]

You’ve hit a new low.

That was a horrible article.

Oh, shouldn’t independents occasionaly start threads critical of democrats?

Once?

Oh, wait. I remember how you vote.

JeffR

Look, I hate Rudy, but all this link shows is that he’s a coward. The condemnation of torture by the church is pretty flimsy though. How can he on one hand say,“I would tell the people who had to do the interrogation to use every method they could think of,” then say," but it shouldn’t be torture."

Someone oughta tell that damned poltroon to take a stand! Either say I’ll torture in such and such a scenario or I won’t torture. Then stand by your word.

mike

[quote]JeffR wrote:
gDollars37 wrote:
http://catholicsagainstrudy.com/issues/torture/

You’ve hit a new low.

That was a horrible article.

Oh, shouldn’t independents occasionaly start threads critical of democrats?

Once?

Oh, wait. I remember how you vote.

JeffR

[/quote]

I’d say I’m a lot more conservative than anyone that can stomach Rudy.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
I’d say I’m a lot more conservative than anyone that can stomach Rudy. [/quote]

Rudy doesn’t need conservatives or republicans; he needs scared, cowardly morons. Luckily for him, but unluckily for the rest of you, the US has a more than abundant supply.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Look, I hate Rudy, but all this link shows is that he’s a coward. The condemnation of torture by the church is pretty flimsy though. How can he on one hand say,“I would tell the people who had to do the interrogation to use every method they could think of,” then say," but it shouldn’t be torture."

Someone oughta tell that damned poltroon to take a stand! Either say I’ll torture in such and such a scenario or I won’t torture. Then stand by your word.

mike [/quote]

Especially when they teach a belief about hell, which is eternal torture saved for anyone who does not believe and commit to their doctrines.

Or while their officials routinely rape little boys.

Or after the inquisition where they burned people at the steak, put them on the rack, pulled them in half with horses, bled them, stabbed their eyes with hot needles so they would explode etc, all in the way of obtaining information about the “devils” whereabouts.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
Especially when they teach a belief about hell, which is eternal torture saved for anyone who does not believe and commit to their doctrines.

Or after the inquisition where they burned people at the steak, put them on the rack, pulled them in half with horses, bled them, stabbed their eyes with hot needles so they would explode etc, all in the way of obtaining information about the “devils” whereabouts. [/quote]

Man, you really have a lot of hatred towards believers. Yes, Christianity went thru some very dark times, but last I checked, most of them stopped torturing people some time ago. You shouldn’t be trashing a whole faith based on the unspeakable acts of a few priests. Routinely rape little boys? Give us a break! If that’s not utter bigotry, I don’t know what is.

Incidentally, the thing people were burned on is a stake. Steak is what you wanna include in your diet to build muscle.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

mike

Or after the inquisition where they burned people at the steak, put them on the rack, pulled them in half with horses, bled them, stabbed their eyes with hot needles so they would explode etc, all in the way of obtaining information about the “devils” whereabouts.

[/quote]

Texasguy1, theologian.