T Nation

Catholic Church is at Fault

[quote]JayPierce wrote:<<< With gracious, loving, humble posts like this, one has to wonder why in the world Sloth would put you on ignore.[/quote]Oh and one more thing. While I certainly DO NOT do it to be insulting to him AT ALL, the way I talk to Chris aggravates him and yes that is by design. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think so. He is among the top on my list of people I love in this world. His thirst for righteousness is growing and I was not kidding when I said that this thread almost teared me up. I just about got up and danced around my room. This video is tremendous indeed.

Did I miss something or was there a lack of Catholic bashing on the forum and therefore another opportunity needed to be presented?

The guy in that video is a nobody, really, who gives a shit what he thinks?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:<<< Tirib got himself ignored trolling a religious liberty/HHS mandate thread. He attempted to break out his usual late night preacher on some off the beaten path channel act. Now, that wasn’t the first thread he’d trolled in his crusade, as others will testify. But when I’m talking the religious liberty of my Church, you don’t come in trying to change the subject as if you’re out to “save” Catholics.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/forcing_catholics_to_support_birth_control?id=5052777&pageNo=10

If this little story above is what Tirib told himself happened, then I see he’s still as arrogant and deranged as ever.
[/quote]Liar. AND coward. You built a gallows, hung the rope, put your head in the noose and ignored me when you realized it and saw me coming to push you off. Chris has wisely kept his head out of that same noose by simply denigrating American exceptionalism. You are my single greatest heartbreak since 2006 when I came here. I had extensive conversations with my wife about the brilliance of your posts and held you up as a role model for Brother Chris. It took me 2 days to fight my way out of the heartache when we had out first real blowout a couple years back. Take me off ignore and talk to me like a man or shutup. I rarely even mention you except in times like this thread when it is exceedingly useful to do so.[/quote]

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
With gracious, loving, humble posts like this, one has to wonder why in the world Sloth would put you on ignore.[/quote]

Hey give me some credit, I have him on ignore too. I really don’t know why BC puts up with him.

[quote]pat wrote:<<< Did I miss something or was there a lack of Catholic bashing on the forum and therefore another opportunity needed to be presented?
The guy in that video is a nobody, really, who gives a shit what he thinks?[/quote]What have I been tryin to tell you Chris? I TOTALLY understand this thread. TOTALLY!! And as I said. If you take any sarcasm from my comments? Stop it. YOU are exactly right. The people of God are responsible for the degeneration of the western world and most notably this country. Voris has a heart for righteousness and I respect him for it. Do NOT doubt that I mean that.

[quote]pat wrote:<<< I really don’t know why BC puts up with him. [/quote]I do.

Pat is a token religionist with no hint of understanding of what this man is saying. None. He is who Voris is talking about. Isn’t he? Am I telling you to cast him off and self righteously turn your nose up at him? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! All I’ve been saying to you, and Cortes, and Jake and yes even Sloth for how long now? Was to tell him the frickin truth. You get that now don’t you? Oh yes you do. You know why he has me on ignore too. This is the hard work of the man of God Christopher. It’s easy when they WANT to listen isn’t it? Now, try telling some Catholics what Voris is talking about outside of the people you hang with and see what happens. Try it with Pat. In private of course. Nobody has to know about it including me. In my experience he is quite typical of American Catholic pews.

I am so proud of you and don’t you dare doubt that.

@ Orion: I know you don’t like the ignore thing either. It’s weak and childish. I respected Sloth. I NEVER failed to click in when I saw he’d said something in a thread. He says he ignored me for trolling. MY EYE. He said at the time it was for disrespecting him which then was also absolutely false. That’s an excuse and while I did hijack that thread that IS NOT why he ignored me and it WILL be brought into the light. I have been siting on that line of argumentation even since because neither the time nor opportunity has been right. Chris KNOWS though even if he doesn’t exactly see the clear correlation with that situation with Sloth right now. He will. There’s only one reason I do all this. I love my Lord and Master and I want to see His truth and hence His character faithfully represented. Chris wants that too. So does Voris. I believe that.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:<<< With gracious, loving, humble posts like this, one has to wonder why in the world Sloth would put you on ignore.[/quote]This is post is very gracious. And humble. I am crediting a big C Catholic with one of the best 15 minutes I’ve spent this year. In all sincerity. Made me WANT to be Catholic even more than I usually do.
I’m not gonna get into Sloth in this thread.
[/quote]
Since when does gloating over some imaginary victory; verbally rubbing someone’s nose in the fact that they see something from your point of view, qualify as grace or humility?

You don’t mean to be insulting to him, but you do mean to intentionally aggravate him? Again, this is neither graceful or humble.

Sometimes you just strike me as the over-the-top-obnoxious-mega-brah in a really bad frat movie. Not exactly what I would expect from an associate pastor.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:<<< Tirib got himself ignored trolling a religious liberty/HHS mandate thread. He attempted to break out his usual late night preacher on some off the beaten path channel act. Now, that wasn’t the first thread he’d trolled in his crusade, as others will testify. But when I’m talking the religious liberty of my Church, you don’t come in trying to change the subject as if you’re out to “save” Catholics.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/forcing_catholics_to_support_birth_control?id=5052777&pageNo=10

If this little story above is what Tirib told himself happened, then I see he’s still as arrogant and deranged as ever.
[/quote]Liar. AND coward. You built a gallows, hung the rope, put your head in the noose and ignored me when you realized it and saw me coming to push you off. Chris has wisely kept his head out of that same noose by simply denigrating American exceptionalism. You are my single greatest heartbreak since 2006 when I came here. I had extensive conversations with my wife about the brilliance of your posts and held you up as a role model for Brother Chris. It took me 2 days to fight my way out of the heartache when we had out first real blowout a couple years back. Take me off ignore and talk to me like a man or shutup. I rarely even mention you except in times like this thread when it is exceedingly useful to do so.[/quote]

As much as I disagree with Sloth, I’d take his word over yours.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:<<< With gracious, loving, humble posts like this, one has to wonder why in the world Sloth would put you on ignore.[/quote]This is post is very gracious. And humble. I am crediting a big C Catholic with one of the best 15 minutes I’ve spent this year. In all sincerity. Made me WANT to be Catholic even more than I usually do.
[/quote]
Since when does gloating over some imaginary victory; verbally rubbing someone’s nose in the fact that they see something from your point of view, qualify as grace or humility?

You don’t mean to be insulting to him, but you do mean to intentionally aggravate him? Again, this is neither graceful or humble.

Sometimes you just strike me as the over-the-top-obnoxious-mega-brah in a really bad frat movie. Not exactly what I would expect from an associate pastor.[/quote]

Tirib likes to brag about how humble he is.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Sometimes you just strike me as the over-the-top-obnoxious-mega-brah in a really bad frat movie. Not exactly what I would expect from an associate pastor.[/quote]I am not a pastor of any kind. And I’m not gloating. At all. You do not understand. I would very much prefer to be wrong with him and there’s a God in heaven who knows my heart and that I am telling you the truth. I’m sorry you feel the way you do about what is happening in this magnificent thread, but you are wrong.

[quote]Makavali wrote:<<< As much as I disagree with Sloth, I’d take his word over yours.[/quote]I understand. [quote]Makavali wrote:<<< Tirib likes to brag about how humble he is.[/quote] Very clever Mak. I like this one. Not surprisingly you don’t get it either. However I do believe JP is giving a genuine heartfelt view. You just hate me. Which is ok, but you’ll never make me hate you back. You’ll never even get me irritated with you. Not because I don’t care what you think. Of course I do. I am simply not allowed to respond to you in kind and God has moved my heart to a place where I rarely really want to with folks like you anyway. Honestly? I actually really like you. I actually like everybody here and as Bad as it’s gone with Sloth and as hard it may be for you to believe? It actually really still hurts me that it has. It matters to me what he thinks of me, but I can’t help it.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Sometimes you just strike me as the over-the-top-obnoxious-mega-brah in a really bad frat movie. Not exactly what I would expect from an associate pastor.[/quote]I am not a pastor of any kind. And I’m not gloating. At all. You do not understand. I would very much prefer to be wrong with him and there’s a God in heaven who knows my heart and that I am telling you the truth. I’m sorry you feel the way you do about what is happening in this magnificent thread, but you are wrong. [/quote]

My apologies. It was Kai that said he’s an assistant pastor.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:<<< My apologies. >>>[/quote]no need. I make mistakes all the time. To be clear, I AM mindful of the way some things may appear and I’m not discounting that. Also for the record though. I made every effort to speak with Sloth privately during the time surrounding this debacle and was rebuffed at every turn. I have refused to call him a coward until yesterday (to the best of my recollection) despite his having me on ignore and sniping an occasional response to what he’s seen in somebody quoting me. It’s infantile and far beneath the man I had known him to be. He stood for years at the top of my list of very favorite posters here. If you, or anybody else here knew me in real life you’d know the real pain this garbage with him causes me. I welcome his communication to this day and will continue to in the future. He and I are not the point of this though and I wish we could stay with the all important core of this thread.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Sometimes you just strike me as the over-the-top-obnoxious-mega-brah in a really bad frat movie. Not exactly what I would expect from an associate pastor.[/quote]

Tirib likes to brag about how humble he is.[/quote]

LOL! I do enjoy your simple observations.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Here you go. Yes, it is true. This is the fault of the Catholic Church.[/quote]

That was an excellent video, Chris. Thank you.

[quote]undoredo wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Ohhh, this was inevitable ,and why do we think we were all so High and Mighty
BEFORE all this in the first place?
It’s been a long time coming.
[/quote]

I don’t understand you post. What are you talking about here?[/quote]
Let’s break down the question a little more:

1. In the context of this thread (preferably relevant to both the original post and the George Carlin video): what was inevitable?

2. In the context of this thread (preferably relevant to both the original post and the George Carlin video): what is an example of how we were so High and Mighty before “all this”?

3. In the context of this thread (preferably relevant to both the original post and the George Carlin video): what is the “all this”, prior to which we were all so High and Mighty?

4. In the context of this thread (preferably relevant to both the original post and the George Carlin video): What has been a long time coming?

Answers to any or all of the above might be interesting. Thanks![/quote]

Sorry I don’t or didn’t watch any George Carlin video.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
The insinuation I get from the video is that it’s the church’s fault for not taking over the government and forcing people to do right. The church was never supposed to rule over people.

It’s the people’s fault, not the Catholic church. Nor the Protestants, nor the Jewish, nor any other. This country was founded on freedom from religion, and it should stay that way.[/quote]

Your insinuation is wrong.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
The insinuation I get from the video is that it’s the church’s fault for not taking over the government and forcing people to do right. The church was never supposed to rule over people.

It’s the people’s fault, not the Catholic church. Nor the Protestants, nor the Jewish, nor any other. This country was founded on freedom from religion, and it should stay that way.[/quote]

Until people realize that religion and loving God are opposites, we’re doomed to hear such prattling as in the vid.
[/quote]

Actually religion is justice to God. It is what we owe God.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
They are at fault for spreading poverty. Telling third world people to “Be fruitful and multiply (…and to hell with empty stomachs)!” is so sad.[/quote]

Lol, and why do you think the Church did this?

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Here you go. Yes, it is true. This is the fault of the Catholic Church.[/quote]

That was an excellent video, Chris. Thank you. [/quote]It was excellent. I sent it to my pastor and am extracting the audio so I can listen to it in my car a few more times.

[quote]BrianHanson wrote:
This guy is a fucking idiot. Listening to 15 minutes of this made me want to punch him square in the balls.[/quote]

Why is he an idiot?

[quote]BrianHanson wrote:
This guy is a fucking idiot. Listening to 15 minutes of this made me want to punch him square in the balls.[/quote]

Why is he an idiot?[/quote]Why do you do this to yourself Chris LOL!! That video is in my top ten list, maybe five for 2012.