T Nation

Catholic Church and Gays

"I informed the priest that I was giving up on the Catholic Church because there were too many practicing homosexuals attending Mass, wanting to convert to Roman Catholicism. Also, I did not support the teaching that sex was for purely procreative reasons.

The Catholic Church gave me nothing but the runaround, and in my opinion did not feel comfortable ministering to struggling homosexuals because of the number of practicing homosexuals in the priesthood and attending Mass who gave large financial contributions to the Church.

I have a message for the struggling homosexual: avoid the Roman Catholic Church because it has a huge subculture of practicing homosexual men that the Church actually supports. The Church is very disorganized in this area, with priests talking at cross purposes, sending out conflicting information, and acting contrary to official Church teachings."

Why does the catholic church embrace gays? Is it riddled with gays?

More than half of catholics support gay marriage. Some will argue that they are not really catholic for supporting this, then if you try to say catholics are in decline they will suddenly count every person that has been to church at least once as a catholic and the numbers are as high as ever.

I will be drawn and quartered by my Catholic friends here for this, but unlike HeadHunter;'s usual insipid yappings on stuff like this, I’d be very interested to see a coherent Catholic response. To what asks dearest Christopher? (Just watch) To the charge that a consistent definitive authoritative declaration of Rome’s stance on homosexuality is impossible to find. Despite the fact that of all the things that can be argued about in the bible, this is just not one of em. Crystal clear.

I’m sorry, but this is HEADHUNTER’s yapping still. He got that from a conspiracy theorist’s website! If the man cannot cite evenly remotely legitimate sources, WHY ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION WITH HIM?

Ok, then forget about Headhunter or his site which I barely glanced at. I’d still be very interested to see a coherent Catholic response. To what asks dearest Christopher? (Just watch) To the charge that a consistent definitive authoritative declaration of Rome’s stance on homosexuality is impossible to find. Despite the fact that of all the things that can be argued about in the bible, this is just not one of em. Crystal clear.

sufiandy also brings up a legitimate question which doesn’t become a point until it goes unsatisfactorily answered.

Push day at the gym now.

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:
I’m sorry, but this is HEADHUNTER’s yapping still. He got that from a conspiracy theorist’s website! If the man cannot cite evenly remotely legitimate sources, WHY ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION WITH HIM?[/quote]

I am sure most of this stuff goes on secretly in the church so you can’t find a legitimate academic study to back it up, doesn’t mean its not true.

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:
I’m sorry, but this is HEADHUNTER’s yapping still. He got that from a conspiracy theorist’s website! If the man cannot cite evenly remotely legitimate sources, WHY ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION WITH HIM?[/quote]

Ding! Ding! Exactly why I’ve ignored him. The guy is either into a disparate variety of conspiracy/secretive society stuff, or he’s entertaining himself with the fallout of such threads (a troll).

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:
I’m sorry, but this is HEADHUNTER’s yapping still. He got that from a conspiracy theorist’s website! If the man cannot cite evenly remotely legitimate sources, WHY ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION WITH HIM?[/quote]

Ding! Ding! Exactly why I’ve ignored him. The guy is either into a disparate variety of conspiracy/secretive society stuff, or he’s entertaining himself with the fallout of such threads (a troll).[/quote]

You can’t ignore the truth forever.

You know and I know that mainstream information sources won’t tell you anything which might rustle the cattles’ jimmies.

Sorry that your church is evil and that ignore that.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Ok, then forget about Headhunter or his site which I barely glanced at. I’d still be very interested to see a coherent Catholic response. To what asks dearest Christopher? (Just watch) To the charge that a consistent definitive authoritative declaration of Rome’s stance on homosexuality is impossible to find. Despite the fact that of all the things that can be argued about in the bible, this is just not one of em. Crystal clear.

sufiandy also brings up a legitimate question which doesn’t become a point until it goes unsatisfactorily answered.

Push day at the gym now.[/quote]

You won’t get one. The pope’s butler tried to out these people and HE’S the one who has to fear for his life.

Devilty…pure devilty…

Priest proves that gays have taken over the catholic church…

A rare decent priest…of course, he was punished by the homosexual perverts.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:<<< I am sure most of this stuff goes on secretly in the church >>>[/quote]No you’re not and neither am I. I’m not talking about secrets and unofficial individual views. I wanna know where I point somebody were I a Catholic, to find THE authoritative statement of Rome on homosexualITY. NOT gay marriage. NOT gay rights. Where is THE authoritative declaration of the “one true holy apostolic church which is THE body and bride of Christ” in whose care the incarnate Son of God left ALL things pertaining to life and godliness? Where? Maybe there is one. I’m asking.

I know the bible’s view, which couldn’t possibly be clearer to those who actually take it seriously. Headhunter’s bigotry against both gays and Catholics is grounded in nothing other than Headhunter’s bigotry against gays and Catholics.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"I informed the priest that I was giving up on the Catholic Church because there were too many practicing homosexuals attending Mass, wanting to convert to Roman Catholicism. Also, I did not support the teaching that sex was for purely procreative reasons.

The Catholic Church gave me nothing but the runaround, and in my opinion did not feel comfortable ministering to struggling homosexuals because of the number of practicing homosexuals in the priesthood and attending Mass who gave large financial contributions to the Church.

I have a message for the struggling homosexual: avoid the Roman Catholic Church because it has a huge subculture of practicing homosexual men that the Church actually supports. The Church is very disorganized in this area, with priests talking at cross purposes, sending out conflicting information, and acting contrary to official Church teachings."

Why does the catholic church embrace gays? Is it riddled with gays?
[/quote]

Lol. I’m leaving the Church because there are too many alcoholics. Why does the Catholic Church embrace alcoholics? Is it riddle with drunks?

The Catholic Church embraces all sinners, whether the patient recognizes its disease or not. Our Holy Mother embraces all of her Husband’s brothers and sisters. However, we don’t embrace their sin, nor should it be tolerated. Priests should actively treat the disease and preach truth. Yes, there are priests who neglect their duties and go against the Church, this is a symptom of them being sinners like the rest of man kind, they are just more liable for their actions then others because of their office.

If I had my way, all “gays” and the entire world would enter the Catholic Church and be subject of the Roman Pontiff. So would you. If someone leaves the Catholic Church because of “gays” well they are dumber than someone that calls those who struggle with SSA “gays” because they are leaving the Eucharist.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The pope’s butler tried to out these people and HE’S the one who has to fear for his life.
[/quote]

He and his cohorts said he was helping out the Pope, why would he have to fear for his life?

Homosexuality is a rather new phenomena within the history of the Church (meaning that someone viewed themselves as gay or homosexual). There isn’t even an solid understanding of where it comes from to be honest.

However, you know exactly where to go for an authoritative statement about things, you say you’ve read it and I’ve pointed you to it several times when you attempt to pass of forum.catholic.com as an fact.

CCC says:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"I informed the priest that I was giving up on the Catholic Church because there were too many practicing homosexuals attending Mass, wanting to convert to Roman Catholicism. Also, I did not support the teaching that sex was for purely procreative reasons.

The Catholic Church gave me nothing but the runaround, and in my opinion did not feel comfortable ministering to struggling homosexuals because of the number of practicing homosexuals in the priesthood and attending Mass who gave large financial contributions to the Church.

I have a message for the struggling homosexual: avoid the Roman Catholic Church because it has a huge subculture of practicing homosexual men that the Church actually supports. The Church is very disorganized in this area, with priests talking at cross purposes, sending out conflicting information, and acting contrary to official Church teachings."

Why does the catholic church embrace gays? Is it riddled with gays?
[/quote]

Lol. I’m leaving the Church because there are too many alcoholics. Why does the Catholic Church embrace alcoholics? Is it riddle with drunks?

The Catholic Church embraces all sinners, whether the patient recognizes its disease or not. Our Holy Mother embraces all of her Husband’s brothers and sisters. However, we don’t embrace their sin, nor should it be tolerated. Priests should actively treat the disease and preach truth. Yes, there are priests who neglect their duties and go against the Church, this is a symptom of them being sinners like the rest of man kind, they are just more liable for their actions then others because of their office.

If I had my way, all “gays” and the entire world would enter the Catholic Church and be subject of the Roman Pontiff. So would you. If someone leaves the Catholic Church because of “gays” well they are dumber than someone that calls those who struggle with SSA “gays” because they are leaving the Eucharist.
[/quote]

The catholic church is supposedly a bastion of sex for procreation. Fine.

Now watch the youtube vid I posted. You gents always want ‘authority’…well, there ya go…

This http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/common_ground_homosexuality_and_the_church?id=4692434&pageNo=0 makes me miss Elder Forlife.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

I know the bible’s view, which couldn’t possibly be clearer to those who actually take it seriously. Headhunter’s bigotry against both gays and Catholics is grounded in nothing other than Headhunter’s bigotry against gays and Catholics.[/quote]

Bigotry is rooted in ignorance. Religion, being based on faith, is anti-mind and is therefore rejected. Being gay is an error in human biology and is therefore rejected.

Doesn’t sound like bigotry to me. Sounds like wisdom…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/common_ground_homosexuality_and_the_church?id=4692434&pageNo=0 makes me miss Elder Forlife. [/quote]

I don’t get it?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/common_ground_homosexuality_and_the_church?id=4692434&pageNo=0 makes me miss Elder Forlife. [/quote]

I don’t get it?[/quote]That’s a thread. Don’t play dumb, I’ve seen you in some. You remember dear Elder Forlife I hope. He’s gay. Ex Mormon. Was married with kids. You remember. He’s been in threads too. I was lookin around and saw that one. It made me miss the guy. That’s where you haven’t seen somebody in a while who’s company you enjoy. What else can I help you with Chris =]

Oh yeah. So what does your church do if two men or women show up arm in arm heralding their arrival as God’s will for the parish? What is the procedure by which the body is kept pure?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:<<< I am sure most of this stuff goes on secretly in the church >>>[/quote]No you’re not and neither am I. I’m not talking about secrets and unofficial individual views. I wanna know where I point somebody were I a Catholic, to find THE authoritative statement of Rome on homosexualITY. NOT gay marriage. NOT gay rights. Where is THE authoritative declaration of the “one true holy apostolic church which is THE body and bride of Christ” in whose care the incarnate Son of God left ALL things pertaining to life and godliness? Where? Maybe there is one. I’m asking.

I know the bible’s view, which couldn’t possibly be clearer to those who actually take it seriously. Headhunter’s bigotry against both gays and Catholics is grounded in nothing other than Headhunter’s bigotry against gays and Catholics.[/quote]

Mistranslation. The bible condemns “bed-men” which could just as easily mean promiscuous or lazy men. Which means gay guys who sit around all day are bad, gay guys who have sex with many partners are bad but just plain monogamous hard working gay guys are perfectly alright.
This also means that lazy and slutty straight men are in trouble which means I’m gonna burn. That’s right, I’m more likely to go to hell than a gay guy.