Catabolic Training

I am looking for more info on catabolic training. I am a cdn athlete and I have too much muscle for what is needed I work with somebody but they do not have time to answer questions.I am trying to lose fat and muscle. I know odd. If anyone knows of any good tips to help me out that would be great.I am trying very hard to follow diet plan so strict and she has me doing cardio a lot.

Cheers, I am female in my 40’s.

What do you compete in that you have too much muscle? Something with weight classes obviously but which sport specifically? Also current weight and goal weight? I’m guessing you need to stay strong while still dropping the muscle weight so keep the weights heavy and low reps and I suppose long distance LISS cardio for the fat and muscle loss. I’ve never worked with someone with those goals so my suggestions are opinion/ I think it makes sense based and not something that I’ve found to work.

[quote]petrinad wrote:
I am looking for more info on catabolic training. I am a cdn athlete and I have too much muscle for what is needed I work with somebody but they do not have time to answer questions.I am trying to lose fat and muscle. I know odd. If anyone knows of any good tips to help me out that would be great.I am trying very hard to follow diet plan so strict and she has me doing cardio a lot.

Cheers, I am female in my 40’s.[/quote]

What exactly is you’re goal weight ?

Your profile states that you are 5’5" and weigh 183 lbs.

Obviously you have some muscle but also carrying some body fat (as per avatar pic).

Are you saying that a focused fat loss approach, preserving the muscle, would NOT get you to your goal weight?

I don’t know what a cdn athlete is, but I can’t think of a sport off the top of my head where having less lean muscle would be of benefit.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
I don’t know what a cdn athlete is, but I can’t think of a sport off the top of my head where having less lean muscle would be of benefit.[/quote]

I read this as Canadian

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
I don’t know what a cdn athlete is, but I can’t think of a sport off the top of my head where having less lean muscle would be of benefit.[/quote]
Bikini competitions.

Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure are about the muscle, but Bikini is more about the “shape” and “tone”. I can see how “too much muscle” can be detrimental there. (Similar things on the Men’s side between Physique vs Bodybuilding; too much muscle in the wrong places can be a problem.)

Other than that, I’m not really sure.