T Nation

Cat Lovers

Sorry for hijacking, lorez

From what I’ve been able to gather, he’s a pet-quality reject from the bloodline. If you notice his side, he has too much of a “bullseye” pattern for them to keep him. It’s not in line with what they want to keep as a a proper marble patterned Bengal. (The bullseye pattern is the dominant gene.) Unfortunately I’m just piecing this together, since the previous owner got rid of him when she got pregnant; since he was an indoor/outdoor cat, the risk of toxoplasmosis infection was too high for her comfort.

On the plus side, I find it amusing that one of the biggest cat breed associations (CFA) won’t even acknowledge the Bengal breed. He’s too “wild” for them.

[quote]CargoCapable wrote:
Sorry for hijacking, lorez[/quote]

No problem. I can’t even see that picture from my phone :-/. I’ll have to wait to use a real computer.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Just speaking in generalities - some breeds definitely have unique characteristics. My folks bought some special breed of cat a few months ago, and the thing is brilliant…almost eerily so…like it’s plotting something. Oh, and it apparently lives to be 25 years old, so I may be inheriting it!

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Having owned 2 dogs and a cat growing up, as well as spending plenty of time around male cats, I respectfully disagree.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Is it a Savannah? (Cross between a [wild] serval and a domestic)

They’re another one of those anomalies, like Bengals.

That is a badass cat my friend. I have always wanted to get a Savannah- anyone know how much those things cost/ where to get them?

I’d love to get an F1 savannah, but theyre just too much $$$. Really any of the wild/domestic breeds are pretty pricey.

F1 savannahs (50% wild, 50% domestic) are roughly 10k-20k

This is how I roll :slight_smile:

My wife adopted her two years ago. I was highly allergic and of course she took to me only. Three months of Allegra pills the size of hockey pucks and I got used to her. Never was a cat person now love this one to no end. She is a real bitch though, doesn’t like anyone but me. Wife isn’t pleased about that one at all haha.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

My wife adopted her two years ago. I was highly allergic and of course she took to me only. Three months of Allegra pills the size of hockey pucks and I got used to her. Never was a cat person now love this one to no end. She is a real bitch though, doesn’t like anyone but me. Wife isn’t pleased about that one at all haha.[/quote]

HEHE! I’m terribly allergic to them as well.

Interesting how she took to you, Marq.

I don’t know the social structure of felines. Is it anything like canines, where there’s an alpha and lesser hierarchy?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
cats are fun to dissect. [/quote]

Really.

Kind of dick move man. [/quote]

how so… a cat thread? nothing screams I’m a pussy more than having a cat[/quote]

LOL

I jokingly agree.

But there are some cool cats out there.

And cats certainly have some of the funniest vids all over the web. [/quote]

My wife is not only a cat fan she is a very strong animal advocate, she volunteers her time and does benefits for all animals.

If you have to measure your masculinity by the animal you own then that is a sad fact of life.

Not pointed at you ID just to group. I personally used to not like cats, but to see the love of my life play with a new born kitten and see her face light up has touched me.

Carry on, again I think its a dick move nobody ever does something like that in a dog thread.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Really.

how so… a cat thread? nothing screams I’m a pussy more than having a cat[/quote]

LOL

I jokingly agree.

My wife is not only a cat fan she is a very strong animal advocate, she volunteers her time and does benefits for all animals.

If you have to measure your masculinity by the animal you own then that is a sad fact of life.

Not pointed at you ID just to group. I personally used to not like cats, but to see the love of my life play with a new born kitten and see her face light up has touched me.

Carry on, again I think its a dick move nobody ever does something like that in a dog thread. [/quote]

Not taken personally, Derek. :slight_smile:

I have nothing against cat owners. Only the ones who regard their pets in a manner that isn’t good social behavior. I think we all know women like this.

:wink:

When I was in 8th grade, my mom found a young stray cat at the beach. We brought him home and he was so un-cat-like. He was so mellow and affectionate - nothng like th cats of my friend’s. I would come home from school, sit in front of our glass door with him on my lap until dinner. He made me feel at peace.
But he died of distemper within 2 weeks, and I was utterly heartbroken.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Really.

LOL

I jokingly agree.

Carry on, again I think its a dick move nobody ever does something like that in a dog thread. [/quote]

I have nothing against cat owners. Only the ones who regard their pets in a manner that isn’t good social behavior. I think we all know women like this.

:wink:
[/quote]

Yep

I was wondering “Where’s the fucker in A2?!?” then I saw that he’s white.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I was wondering “Where’s the fucker in A2?!?” then I saw that he’s white.[/quote]

LOL Nards!

Fact: If your cat were big enough, one day it would eventually eat you.

Fuck cats and their god damn toxoplasma.

Tigers say that about humans too.

I couldn’t get very good picture because my cat doesn’t stay still. Named Chino, after the lead singer of the Deftones.

In violent action.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

My wife adopted her two years ago. I was highly allergic and of course she took to me only. Three months of Allegra pills the size of hockey pucks and I got used to her. Never was a cat person now love this one to no end. She is a real bitch though, doesn’t like anyone but me. Wife isn’t pleased about that one at all haha.[/quote]

HEHE! I’m terribly allergic to them as well.

Interesting how she took to you, Marq.

I don’t know the social structure of felines. Is it anything like canines, where there’s an alpha and lesser hierarchy?

[/quote]

ID, I actually have no idea :slight_smile:
I think she took to me because I am more of the caregiver in the family. I have no problem with diapers, cooking, cleaning etc and same with feeding her, cleaning the litter box etc. I just do it without thinking about it. Animals pick up on that, I guess.

[quote]i_am_ketosis wrote:
Fact: If your cat were big enough, one day it would eventually eat you. [/quote]

Reason why cats are awesome.

I prefer dogs but I do like cats to a degree. We adopted two barn cats(sisters in fact) many years ago. I only agreed to get them on the condition I could name one. Naturally I chose my favorite Pittsburgh Steeler, G. LLoyd even though it’s a female lol.

Two totally different personalities. One was way chubbier than the other. The skinny one was more affectionet and generally more outgoing. Neither wanted to be picked up. Loved affection just not cuddling. Whenever they wanted attention they would jump up on the couch and stare you down till you relented and sctatched them.

Now that the skinny one croaked awhile back the remaining one is taking on the others characteristics. Weird.