Casein - Wow!

[quote]Chris Arp wrote:
We are the only species on earth that continues to drink milk after we are weaned and it’s not even human milk, it is cows milk. An interesting read is The China Study. The book has disease statistics on every region of the world. The conclusion of the studies is that all human disease is caused by animal protein. People that live in regions that ingest no or very little animal protein have virtually no disease. [/quote]

so your are saying that we should be vegetarians, and we wouldn’t have any disease. I say fuck that, i rather enjoy my steak, beef, and enjoy that nice cool glass of milk. No animal protein is like not living, are you trying to make this world more metrosexual than it already is?

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
Chris Arp wrote:
We are the only species on earth that continues to drink milk after we are weaned and it’s not even human milk, it is cows milk. An interesting read is The China Study. The book has disease statistics on every region of the world. The conclusion of the studies is that all human disease is caused by animal protein. People that live in regions that ingest no or very little animal protein have virtually no disease.

so your are saying that we should be vegetarians, and we wouldn’t have any disease. I say fuck that, i rather enjoy my steak, beef, and enjoy that nice cool glass of milk. No animal protein is like not living, are you trying to make this world more metrosexual than it already is? [/quote]

I did not write the book. I am just stating the evidence they presented.

I am about as far from metrosexual as can be.

People need to educate themselves and make their own decisions. I could care less about what people eat, drink, smoke, or take. That is their choice. I am just passing along information that I have read.

[quote]Chris Arp wrote:
We are the only species on earth that continues to drink milk after we are weaned and it’s not even human milk, it is cows milk. An interesting read is The China Study. The book has disease statistics on every region of the world. The conclusion of the studies is that all human disease is caused by animal protein. People that live in regions that ingest no or very little animal protein have virtually no disease. [/quote]

I’m curious, did it mention any ailments that those who ate little animal protein have? I say that because those in regions that don’t eat much meat, don’t eat much in general, either becuase of lack of income, or cultural traditions.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Chris Arp wrote:
We are the only species on earth that continues to drink milk after we are weaned and it’s not even human milk, it is cows milk. An interesting read is The China Study. The book has disease statistics on every region of the world. The conclusion of the studies is that all human disease is caused by animal protein. People that live in regions that ingest no or very little animal protein have virtually no disease.

I’m curious, did it mention any ailments that those who ate little animal protein have? I say that because those in regions that don’t eat much meat, don’t eat much in general, either becuase of lack of income, or cultural traditions.[/quote]

They did not mention any ailments. I think that the main reason that they ate what they did was the available food in the regions that they lived and many poor culture do not eat processed foods and are on a calorie restricted diet not by their choice in some cases. The book is worth reading. I was shocked at how overwhelming the statistics were.

[quote]Chris Arp wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Chris Arp wrote:

I’m curious, did it mention any ailments that those who ate little animal protein have? I say that because those in regions that don’t eat much meat, don’t eat much in general, either becuase of lack of income, or cultural traditions.

They did not mention any ailments. I think that the main reason that they ate what they did was the available food in the regions that they lived and many poor culture do not eat processed foods and are on a calorie restricted diet not by their choice in some cases. The book is worth reading. I was shocked at how overwhelming the statistics were.
[/quote]

Ok, that’s what I thought. They eat what they can, when they can. And of course, not having processed foods is a big plus, health wise. So that makes sense.

hmm, I’m a little less skeptical now from reading the excerpt from “The China Study”.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf

weird, just really weird that protein can promote cancer.

Very good link. These are just not the opinion of the writer, but a huge number of compelling statistics.

So what you do make of the findings that say it was the introduction of animal protein in the human diet that allowed for the evolution and growth of the cerebral cortex, which led to learning skills, hunting planning, and language? I’m confused on how something that led to who we are today be a poison, basically.

I can believe that there are problems with the milk most people drink. The problem is the homogenation and ultra pastuerization. What happens is a machine spins the milk from a cow around so fast that it breaks the molecules down signifcantly more than they were so the milk keeps long and doesnt spoil.

The problem being though, that the molecules are so small it can scar arteries and then cholesterol is released to lay a protective layer and in doing that it gets clogged in the scars that were left by the milk which is a reason for clogged arteries and why people with even real low cholesterol get clogged arteries.

However, i do think there is nothing wrong with organic milk that has not been tampered with. But how many of us have access to this. So, i guess that is why i still drink store boughten milk…

[quote]Jaegor wrote:
Check your sources, it is Wikipedia after all.[/quote]

Well, that also means you (yes, YOU!) can just go ahead and edit the article and fix it if you think it’s wrong.

It is Wikipedia after all. :wink:

[quote]Chris Arp wrote:
We are the only species on earth that continues to drink milk after we are weaned and it’s not even human milk, it is cows milk.[/quote]

Aside from being false, this statement is stupid! Many species will drink milk and milk products if you give it to them (e.g. cats, bears, goats, pigs, chickens, etc.)

We are the smartest and most advanced species on earth and we drink milk. Other animals don’t have the ability to extract large quantities of milk via a dairy farm. If they were smart enough to do so, they would probably drink milk.

I believe that the majority of allergy problems you see associated with milk today have to do with the large quantities of hormones fed to dairy cows and the processing procedures.

[quote]ybthere1 wrote:
Come to think of it, after my wife drinks milk, she gets extremely tired. Maybe this is the reason.[/quote]

Milk proteins and lactose intake from milk will cause insulin to spike.

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
Dont forget Wikipedia isn’t a real encyclopedia, anyone can write their two cents on that.

Thats the most retarded thing i ever heard milk causing cancer. definitely some bullshit right there. Most people drink alot of milk, and basing off the legendary food pyramid that average people need 3 servings of a dairy product a day. The government even approves the food pyramid.[/quote]

The food pyramid was designed by ADM and the rest of the agriculture industry. Our federal government are nothing but a bunch of stoodges.

Soy anyone?

I think it’s the same old tale. After agriculturally processing the food that normally should be good for you, all of a sudden it becomes laden with carcinogens.

I mean, there’s casein in human milk! If an infant’s undeveloped immune system is getting casein straight from the tit then I don’t see how the reasons for these findings could be anything other than processing.

It’s like the fruit juices from concentrate and the bleached sugar, salt and grain. You brush off the quality in favor of quantity and you get cheap available food that makes people malnourished and prone to disease.

[quote]Majin wrote:
I think it’s the same old tale. After agriculturally processing the food that normally should be good for you, all of a sudden it becomes laden with carcinogens.

I mean, there’s casein in human milk! If an infant’s undeveloped immune system is getting casein straight from the tit then I don’t see how the reasons for these findings could be anything other than processing.

It’s like the fruit juices from concentrate and the bleached sugar, salt and grain. You brush off the quality in favor of quantity and you get cheap available food that makes people malnourished and prone to disease.[/quote]

I do believe this is the reason we see so many problems with our diet.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Majin wrote:

It’s like the fruit juices from concentrate and the bleached sugar, salt and grain. You brush off the quality in favor of quantity and you get cheap available food that makes people malnourished and prone to disease.

I do believe this is the reason we see so many problems with our diet. [/quote]

I Agree.

One study proves nothing and only helps to further support or weaken the existing body of evidence. That being said all we can really take from this is that CAESIN PROTEIN POWDER should definitely be used in moderation. This is probably true. Whey protein powder seems fine currently, disregarding some of the other stuff that is added to it.

As stated we know that real food is always or almost always better than processed food.

We already know red meat should be used in moderation, and that chicken, turkey and especially fish are healthier.

You do hear more all the time how dairy is not as good for us as we previously believed, but we can not assume that Casein in real food causes the same problems as the powder forms.

We know Soy also has its problems.

Fruits and vegetables are great. Who does not know this.

I am not going Vegan.
I will continue to eat a variety of lean meats, and dairy. The people like us worrying about this shit are better of than 90% of the population anyway. As knowledge increases we do have to keep an open mind as to what is good, average and bad to put in our body, because it may be different than some of the dogma we currently follow. The example that readily comes to mind is eggs and that they are now considered healthy and not a heart attack on a platter.

Happy Eating

[quote]icecold wrote:
I am not going Vegan.
I will continue to eat a variety of lean meats, and dairy. [/quote]

Agreed. And I will not give up my Metabolic Drive, since I don’t comsume much dairy anyway.

We are also the only creatures I know of who cook their food, or who process grains into convenient, flat chunks of bread to put stuff in.

We’re the only ones I know of who use utensils to eat, or who wash their food. We are also the only ones I know of who wear clothes for any reason other than controlling our climate.

So should we be eating raw, uncooked food, never wash our food (or hands), and use our hands to eat with; naked?

Some animals regurgitate their food and feed it to their young. Maybe I’ll puke up part of my last meal and feed it to my daughter, because other species do it.

I tried burying my nuts before Winter, but when I dug them up in the Spring, they were useless to me. :frowning:

[quote]icecold wrote:

I Agree.

One study proves nothing and only helps to further support or weaken the existing body of evidence. That being said all we can really take from this is that CAESIN PROTEIN POWDER should definitely be used in moderation. This is probably true. Whey protein powder seems fine currently, disregarding some of the other stuff that is added to it.

As stated we know that real food is always or almost always better than processed food.

We already know red meat should be used in moderation, and that chicken, turkey and especially fish are healthier.

You do hear more all the time how dairy is not as good for us as we previously believed, but we can not assume that Casein in real food causes the same problems as the powder forms.

We know Soy also has its problems.

Fruits and vegetables are great. Who does not know this.

I am not going Vegan.
I will continue to eat a variety of lean meats, and dairy. The people like us worrying about this shit are better of than 90% of the population anyway. As knowledge increases we do have to keep an open mind as to what is good, average and bad to put in our body, because it may be different than some of the dogma we currently follow. The example that readily comes to mind is eggs and that they are now considered healthy and not a heart attack on a platter.

Happy Eating
[/quote]

These are great points. You know, I reluctantly read the book “Natural Cures THEY Don’t Want You to Know About”. I don’t believe that everything thing this guy wrote is true, but the more I research into modern food processing and the like, the more I’m starting to see that alot of it is.

[quote]HJLau75 wrote:
hmm, I’m a little less skeptical now from reading the excerpt from “The China Study”.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf

weird, just really weird that protein can promote cancer.[/quote]

The excerpt did not actually say that protein by itself causes cancer. It said that in populations (both humans and rats) with high consumption of aflatoxin (“one of the most potent carcinogens ever discovered”), those who consumed the most protein (especially casein) were more likely to develop liver cancer, while low protein diets inhibited cancers caused by aflatoxin.

While this is indeed a startling discovery, I would point out that animal proteins didn’t cause the cancers. Aflatoxin did. Where does aflatoxin come from? Molds that grow on plant-based foods, specifically peanuts and corn. Ironic.